The Last of Us Part I (Remake for PS5 & PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're charging 70, 80 and 100 dollars for this release. Which I'm guessing will no longer feature the multiplayer. So it'll cost more than ever, while featuring less content. I'll play this, but I'll be waiting until it's cheaper.

How do people see no difference is beyond me. Remake is 10 times better. The emotions in characters faces are a lot better also.
IMG_20220611_155758.jpg
IMG_20220611_155821.jpg
IMG_20220611_155840.jpg
IMG_20220611_155859.jpg

I do like that Bill actually looks more like W. Earl Brown now too.

Would have been great to get him in the show too but come on, Ron Swanson is an amazing replacement.

They're charging 70, 80 and 100 dollars for this release. Which I'm guessing will no longer feature the multiplayer. So it'll cost more than ever, while featuring less content. I'll play this, but I'll be waiting until it's cheaper.
It’s literally a brand new, true current generation release. $70 is definitely justified.

I'm well aware of the franchise but don't know the detailed story and never played,simply bc never had playstation before, always had Xbox. So got PS5 last week and truly wanted to play it as I have heard only good things about the part 1. Should I buy the PS4 version now or wait to the PS5 remake? Friend is a fan and he is upset as they might change the story into remake to justify events in part 2. I have no idea what he is talking about, I know part 2 had a mixed reviews and I know Joel dies. ( which is stupid already) So I don't really know what to do, I want to have an amazing experience, but if they are going to change the story maybe it's worth it to play the original game first. Idk.

P.S. definitely getting 1/6 figures by LimToys

I'm well aware of the franchise but don't know the detailed story and never played,simply bc never had playstation before, always had Xbox. So got PS5 last week and truly wanted to play it as I have heard only good things about the part 1. Should I buy the PS4 version now or wait to the PS5 remake? Friend is a fan and he is upset as they might change the story into remake to justify vents in part 2. I have no idea what he is talking about, I know part 2 had a mixed reviews and I know Joel dies. So I don't really know what to do, I want to have an amazing experience, but if they are going to change the story maybe it's worth it to play the original game first. Idk.

P.S. definitely getting 1/6 figures.
I doubt they're going to change the story too much, if at all, we've been told that all the cutscene performances/voice lines are pulled directly from the first game, what's going to change here is going to be the gameplay, level design and enviroments which will take full advantage of their new engine and be just like Part II but the original game still holds up extremely in terms of graphics however the gameplay is dated by today's standards, which is fine since the game came out nearly a decade ago for the PS3 but the remake will definitely be a more enjoyable game to play.

In my opinion I think everyone who owns a PS console should do themselves a favor and play the original even if it's just once, it'll forever remain a classic and it is cheaper than the remake, but if you want to play Part II some day, the improved graphics, models, enviroments and gameplay of the remake will make for a more seamless and natural expirience.

You could also borrow the game from your friend. :D

How do people see no difference is beyond me. Remake is 10 times better. The emotions in characters faces are a lot better also.
View attachment 582558View attachment 582559View attachment 582560View attachment 582561
Rose tinted glasses, $70 price tag and hatred for Part II are the main reasons, I do agree that the price for video games has gotten ridiculous but so has the price of pretty much everything, taking into account this is an actual remake that fully utilizes new gen hardware and gives us much better gameplay and graphics the price is easier to accept, I mean it's not like they just ported the game yet again and sold it for the same price like many other studios have done in the past and most importantly it's coming to PC, I feel like everyone forgets that, a title like TLOU finally coming to PC is huge and I can't wait to play it with maxed out settings on my RTX 3090, it's going to be a treat!

Also I love the original models and the original art style but I completely disagree with people saying the remake ones look less detailed, they look really good and realistic to me, different sure but I can still look at them together and say that's Joel and Ellie, just like I did in Part II, it's pretty neat how Ellie looks more like Ashley Johnson now too!
1654990308731.png

I'm well aware of the franchise but don't know the detailed story and never played,simply bc never had playstation before, always had Xbox. So got PS5 last week and truly wanted to play it as I have heard only good things about the part 1. Should I buy the PS4 version now or wait to the PS5 remake? Friend is a fan and he is upset as they might change the story into remake to justify events in part 2. I have no idea what he is talking about, I know part 2 had a mixed reviews and I know Joel dies. ( which is stupid already) So I don't really know what to do, I want to have an amazing experience, but if they are going to change the story maybe it's worth it to play the original game first. Idk.

They’re not gonna change the story, it’s just a remake to update the visuals and gameplay.

Why buy the current version when the superior one comes out in 3 months?

The remastered version looks really good already, but for a 1st experience the remake will be pretty special.

In my opinion, part 2 is already well justified, they may alter a character model or have the slightest addendum to a scene but it won’t really change the game at all.

I’ve also held the opinion that there’s not much difference between the protagonists of both games, it’s mostly that we saw Ellie’s story first. If you’re feeling unconventional you could try playing part 2 first and then the remake, it may give an interesting perspective.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think updated visuals should mean the price tag be like 70. Maybe like 50. It’s still the same story beats and gameplay right? It’s not an re2 remake situation where it’s a brand new game

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think updated visuals should mean the price tag be like 70. Maybe like 50. It’s still the same story beats and gameplay right? It’s not an re2 remake situation where it’s a brand new game
The game was completely remade on the TLOU2 engine so it's new graphics, new enviroments, new gameplay, new accessibility options, etc, it's basically TLOU1 story with TLOU2 gameplay and graphics, cutscenes are extremely faithful because they were remade using the old performance mocap and voice lines, the bulk of the difference is going to be just the gameplay and some enviroments will likely change to fit the new gameplay style, so it's not just a lazy reskin of the original, technically it's a brand new game it's just not a true "remake" in the sense it changes a lot of the story I suppose that's one of the reasons they called it "TLOU Part I" instead of "TLOU Remake".
As far as game prices it's unfortunately just the way it is, they just keep rising and Naughty Dog clearly worked hard on this remake, they basically made a whole new game so I get it, don't like it but I get it.

Last edited:

There's really nothing from the first game that they can change that would make it fit better into part 2. You already know Joel dies, his death is a ramification for a choice he decides to make during the first game and that sets part 2 into motion. It's explored heavily in part 2 in some flashbacks that bridge the gap. So if they changed anything in this new version, it would likely contradict the sequel.

I've never thought the hate for the second game was warranted. I can understand why some didn't like it, but a lot of it was fueled by Joel's death, which is an incredibly hard scene to sit through. But if that's the only reason people are going to choose to hate it, I can't support that. The story really does beat you down at times but it is good storytelling regardless of that.

The first game is a classic, the second game is visually stunning. They're worth your time regardless of whether or not you like the sequel. Like I said, I didn't like elements of it but overall I'm glad I played it. Just not a game I will play over and over again because of how dark it is. I can't numb myself to things like I did during my Resident Evil days, especially with modern graphics.

$70 is the new industry standard. There's more and more money going into gaming now than ever. Talent and actors cost more than ever, modern technology is more expensive, these games take a tremendous amount of man hours to make. And this game is essentially a brand new video game. We know the story and the music and audio lines will be the same, but everything else will feel brand new. So it actually is an RE2 situation where it is a brand new game.

I think 70$ is a fair price for such a high quality content. Once you buy it,u own it for eternity. My favorite game is Witcher 3 and it was a first thing I bought on Playstation 5 for 50$.I bought it on every possible platform lol I know it goes on sale for 10$ but I wouldn't wait.I love supporting CDPR. I'm sure Last of us fans feel same. Don't need to forget that real people are working on these games and we are paying them salaries with our purchases. Prices went high on everything unfortunately but it is what it is. For the regular remaster 70$ would be lot,but it's a new engine,built from the scratch... they deserve coin.

P.S. dying to see next gen Witcher 3, I don't expect such a glow up as last of us has,as they don't remake it,but still curious to see,in my eyes game looks already perfect. Also Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting next gen upgrade, it already looks next gen imo

It's a full remake from the ground up, it's not just a remaster. They're updating the AI, gameplay, everything. It is essentially a brand new game with the same story.

The remaster on PS4 was simply just a fresh coat of paint, this is a complete overhaul of the entire game.

It’s literally a brand new, true current generation release. $70 is definitely justified.

It's not though. It will use a bunch of tech and assets from Part 2, and all the mo-cap and voice work from the original. The game has been released twice already. There is new work involved but a lot less than if it was a truly new experience. They're charging 70 cause that is the highest price by industry standard.

Back