The Last of Us Part I (Remake for PS5 & PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very reassuring knowing Lim are making these. If they were licensed, someone like Threezero, Mondo etc would toss out a prototype, ignore feedback to improve the figures, and release them anyway.

I didn't get Arthur but I followed his progress and was really impressed with the development right up to release.
Thanks for the kind words, we plan to keep making each figure better than the last!

Don't wanna sound cheap, but any plans on releasing just the remake head sculpts?

If someone puts a gun to my head and say "Name a game that needs a remake you fat nerd!" and I say "The Last of Us, duh!" I think I would have gotten shot.

I like how it's coming along, it is a much shorter game than LofU2 though (unless I guess you count the DLC) so I guess I'm secretly hoping that there is extra content there for this release. Maybe a visit to another city or something.

It looks like a beautiful game and I love the addition of more outfits, the model gallery, improved animations, accessibility options and improved ai but I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed by the lack of new gameplay mechanics of TLOU2 like proning and dodging, I'll still get it tho because it will definitely be better to play than the original.

It looks like a beautiful game and I love the addition of more outfits, the model gallery, improved animations, accessibility options and improved ai but I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed by the lack of new gameplay mechanics of TLOU2 like proning and dodging, I'll still get it tho because it will definitely be better to play than the original.
They did make it seem like they'd be updating the gameplay mechanics when they first revealed it.

They did make it seem like they'd be updating the gameplay mechanics when they first revealed it.
Yes I was under the impression they would which is what I thought would be the main selling point of the game, TLOU1 with TLOU2 graphics and most importantly gameplay, seems we're only getting graphics, improved ai and the cool accessibility options I mean it will still play better because of the improvement movement but it's still a shame those two awesome mechanics didn't make it into the game, especially dodge which made combat so much more fluid and enjoyable, oh well.

All I know is that they added clicker at the basement entrance,as it's shown in the video. That's a terrific area. I was so scared.

I thought this was the entire point lol.

I just don't think that them "rebuilding from the ground up" is enough justification to sell this at full price. I kinda don't care how much effort you put in to make it if the end result is indistinguishable from what enhanced ports have looked like for years. That new FFVII Crisis Core "port" has changed more from its original game than this "remake" has and even Square "Includes NFTs with their toys in order to charge $40 more" Enix is only selling that for $50.

I thought this was the entire point lol.

I just don't think that them "rebuilding from the ground up" is enough justification to sell this at full price. I kinda don't care how much effort you put in to make it if the end result is indistinguishable from what enhanced ports have looked like for years. That new FFVII Crisis Core "port" has changed more from its original game than this "remake" has and even Square "Includes NFTs with their toys in order to charge $40 more" Enix is only selling that for $50.
I mean what's there still looks like a massive improvement over the original and they obviously put a lot of effort and passion into it but I agree $70 is too much for it I think it comes down to Sony tho, Naughty Dog and their devs have stated multiple times they don't get to set the price so it's Sony just seeing a good opportunity to get $70 out of fans and loyalists before putting the game on PC.

Given that the changes in gameplay mechanics, combat and level design are minimal and there's no multiplayer mode I think this would've been a more accepted and smarter release if it was bundled with a "Next-Gen" Part 2 port and called "The Last of Us: Endure and Survive Collection" or something then they could port both games to PC at the same time just like they did with Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy.

At the end of the day deciding on whether or not I want to get this game day one or later doesn't really matter seeing as PS5 availability is still incredibly scarce and will probably continue to be until that chip shortage issue is sorted out, if I had one I would drop $70 on the remake with zero issues because I like what I see and $70 for a person like me that collects dolls worth hundreds of dollars is really nothing 😅 but I do get why people are unhappy with that steep price tag, especially now that we know none of the awesome combat mechanics from Part 2 made it in, however everything else from the shooting, traversal, enviroments, animations, gore, physics, obviously graphics, the ai and so on looks to be 100% on par with Part 2 and that shouldn't be negated, anyway I'm willing to bet we'll see a price drop early next year and then more people will get it, I'll keep trying to find a PS5 at reasonable price if not I'll just wait for the PC version which is the version of the game I really want to play.

Last edited:
I mean what's there still looks like a massive improvement over the original and they obviously put a lot of effort and passion into it but I agree $70 is too much for it I think it comes down to Sony tho, Naughty Dog and their devs have stated multiple times they don't get to set the price so it's Sony just seeing a good opportunity to get $70 out of fans and loyalists before putting the game on PC.

Given that the changes in gameplay mechanics, combat and level design are minimal and there's no multiplayer mode I think this would've been a more accepted and smarter release if it was bundled with a "Next-Gen" Part 2 port and called "The Last of Us: Endure and Survive Collection" or something then they could port both games to PC at the same time just like they did with Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy.

At the end of the day deciding on whether or not you want to get this game day one or later doesn't really matter seeing as PS5 availability is still incredibly scarce and will probably continue to be until that chip shortage issue is sorted out, if I had one I would drop $70 on the remake with zero issues because I like what I see and $70 for a person like me that collects dolls worth hundreds of dollars is really nothing 😅 but I do get why people are unhappy with that steep price tag, especially now that we know none of the awesome combat mechanics from Part 2 made it in, however everything else from the shooting, traversal, enviroments, animations, gore, physics, obviously graphics, the ai and so on looks to be 100% on par with Part 2 and that shouldn't be negated, anyway I'm willing to bet we'll see a price drop early next year tho and then more people will get it, I'llkeep trying to find a PS5 at reasonable price if not I'll just wait for the PC version which is the version of the game I really want to play.

I've had a PS5 since launch, actually. I have very little issue with $70 games in practice (I've bought plenty by now), nor do I have much of a problem rebuying games I already own (I bought the PS4 version of Lou1 after already owning the PS3 version lol). It's just really hard for me to justify this one when the ps4 version of the original is consistently sold for like $10. Not even just that I don't think this version is necessarily worth $60 more, it's more just that I know this one will be $20 by next year, too.

I've had a PS5 since launch, actually. I have very little issue with $70 games in practice (I've bought plenty by now), nor do I have much of a problem rebuying games I already own (I bought the PS4 version of Lou1 after already owning the PS3 version lol). It's just really hard for me to justify this one when the ps4 version of the original is consistently sold for like $10. Not even just that I don't think this version is necessarily worth $60 more, it's more just that I know this one will be $20 by next year, too.
Well you're lucky haha, I guess most of us here don't have an issue with spending $70 as long as we're satisifed with what we spend it on, me personally? I'm pretty sure I would be very satisfied with the remake but that's just me, anyway you're right theremake should've been $50 at most, for $70 they should've bundled with with next-gen version of Part 2, feel like almost nobody would've complained about if that were the case but I definitely don't believe it will reach $20 next year no matter how loud the outrage gets, TLOU is one if not their most coveted property right now I think the PC port will be about $60 and then the console version will follow suit and then both will go on sale for $40 or so, $30 at the minimum but definitely not $20.

Can someone ship a PS5 to you or does your country have restrictions? Not sure how successful I'd be looking but I'd always be happy to try and help.
I truly appreciate the thought but my country has tons of restrictions, someone wanted to send me one already but it would've either been sent back or destroyed (aka those bastards would keep it for themselves) 😅
There's tons of them on sale from scalpers here but I don't know if I want to pay an additional 200 for the console, might as well wait since the only games I'm interest coming from Sony any time soon is the TLOU remake and Ragnarok which fortunately is cross-gen.

I truly appreciate the thought but my country has tons of restrictions, someone wanted to send me one already but it would've either been sent back or destroyed (aka those bastards would keep it for themselves) 😅
There's tons of them on sale from scalpers here but I don't know if I want to pay an additional 200 for the console, might as well wait since the only games I'm interest coming from Sony any time soon is the TLOU remake and Ragnarok which fortunately is cross-gen.
That’s really unfortunate to hear. At least you’re not waiting on playing a bunch of games because of it though.

If there’s ever anything someone from the States can do to help you out, please send me a message.

Back