The Goonies and other 80s teen/fantasy adventures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olvidadero

Chipmunk Robot on Ice
Reaction score
I'm obsessed with 80s movies, such as "Labyrinth", "Dark Crystal", "Legend"... Different companies (Sideshow, Plan B, SOTA) have done collectibles from these movies. But we've still missing collectibles from other cult hits such as "The Goonies". Who would want a Sloth figure? I sure would. I think it would sell well. Other movies like "Adventures in Babysitting", "Ladyhawke", "Krull", "Explorers", etc.... What you think?

I'm sorry if this subject has been discussed before.

Yeah, you're right. I totally forgot about that Sloth figure, and now that I look at it again, I can see why. I'll rectify: Who would want a good Sloth figure?

olvidadero said:
I'm obsessed with 80s movies, such as "Labyrinth", "Dark Crystal", "Legend"... Different companies (Sideshow, Plan B, SOTA) have done collectibles from these movies. But we've still missing collectibles from other cult hits such as "The Goonies". Who would want a Sloth figure? I sure would. I think it would sell well. Other movies like "Adventures in Babysitting", "Ladyhawke", "Krull", "Explorers", etc.... What you think?

+100! Right you are amigo! The 80's are so incredibly rich with colorful and well designed beloved characters from so many spectacular and unique movies acted by very unique looking people that is truly a GOLD mine waiting to be exploited! How about the SS treatment for: the beastmaster, conan the barbarian, Fright Night, Lost Boys, Ferris Bueller, Weird Science!-That's right, i said it!-, BTTF, Hellraiser, Airwolf, DUNE, Big Trouble in Little China, The Road Warrior...this list could go on!

I'd take anything from the Karate Kid...Daniel, Mr. Miyagi, Johnny, Kreese, etc...

Big trouble in Little China and Lost Boys are two licenses that would look spectacular with the SS treatment

olvidadero said:
Big trouble in Little China and Lost Boys are two licenses that would look spectacular with the SS treatment

I would love to see SS put out some Lost Boys pieces. :D :D

Nightcrawler777 said:
Monster Squad...

Now that would rock....

Why haven't they released that movie on DVD yet?? That movie was a classic...

Would love a 1/6 Goonies line. That Sloth is fairly blah by yesterdays standard not to mention today, and god knows those characture-looking 6 inchers Mezco did were aweful! Mikey, Data, Mouth, and Chunk would be fine on Hobbit bodies and Chunk wouldn't be that difficult!

Get a Purple Rain liscense and the Supes emblem from DC and you're set!

Last edited:

Would love Goonies figures. And Ladyhawke to. Both great movies from my childhood. :)

Mezco's Sloth (here SDCC 2008 version) wasn't too bad...
2725380044_ba07c76d84_z.jpg

Back