The end of custom Star Trek?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
Does the dawn of Moebius' 1:6 Star Trek Captain Kirk figure mean that all the great custom Star Trek items have to end?

(1) Did Sideshow and Hot Toys Indiana Jones figures end custom versions?

(2) What Kirk are you talking about?

SnakeDoc

Yep, what Kirk? Is this the start of a new line from a company? Would be interested but wouldn't get hopes up. Unless it's 6" action figs, most ST lines end up being Kirk-Spock-done, Kirk-Spock-done, Kirk-Spock-Bones-done, Kirk-Spock-done... you get the picture.
Not to mention there are five TV series and the movies (new and old) to consider. A rich universe for sure, but no company has even remotely been able to take it on. Nor have any customizers despite the best of hopes and intentions.

I read the Moebius announcement on Star Trek.com too.

First, we haven't seen it yet (as far as I can tell).

Second, it's just a prototype - we don't even know if they have the license to make figures. Remember Gentle Giant's Picard a few years ago that never got made? Or the Tom & Joy TOS line a few years before that? Just because an image is shown doesn't mean it's getting made.

I love my custom 1/6 Trek and will be getting more but I would love to see the Moebius version. I remember the Gentle Giant Picard as well as the TOS series that Tom and Joy sculpted.

I know Big Chief Studios said in a podcast they would love to get the 1/6 Star Trek license.
Maybe Moebius got it?
You can never have too much quality 1/6 Trek :yess:

Does anybody have a link to the article and/or pics? I searched startrek.com and couldn't find anything!

I could never get Spenser to answer my emails the past few months (having done lots of business with him in the past), so I guess if someone else does TOS Trek figures I would welcome it.

I could never get Spenser to answer my emails the past few months (having done lots of business with him in the past), so I guess if someone else does TOS Trek figures I would welcome it.
I thought WGP was doing some sculpts. . .but that may not mean sculpts are actually forthcoming from them.

Spenser is, WGP is, Nanjin is. And all are great pices offering more than any company probably would.
Playmates had variety but their figures sucked. SFM had a great variety and great sculpts planned but couldn't secure the license.
So, if Moebius has it, what does it mean for customs.
I wasn't sure if Sideshow was distributing them as it was their page I saw Kirk on.
Oh, and if you haven't seen it:
BPer6fPCcAACXmD.jpg:large

Spenser is, WGP is, Nanjin is. And all are great pices offering more than any company probably would.
Playmates had variety but their figures sucked. SFM had a great variety and great sculpts planned but couldn't secure the license.
So, if Moebius has it, what does it mean for customs.
I wasn't sure if Sideshow was distributing them as it was their page I saw Kirk on.
Oh, and if you haven't seen it:
BPer6fPCcAACXmD.jpg:large

That doesn't really look too high-end IMHO. The boots are atrocious.

Back