The end of custom Star Trek?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty bad... mostly the proportions. Kirk sculpt is decent, but saying it's one of the best they've seen isn't much since almost all of the licensed Shatner sculpts have been garbage.

This one looks promising, but for now is at the very least way oversized. And so much so that even if it shrinks 10% it's still going to be a bobble head.

you guys must be pretty bored to, out of ALL the threads on this whole forum, to have to pick this one to do nothing but try and impose how YOU think things should have been done.

Heh.

Says the guy that posted a question ... argued with the answers ... told everyone who bothered to answer to get lost ... and won't actually ask the guy he hoped would answer in the first place.

Good grief.

We answered your question as best we can. The answer is "no". If you want something more than that ... PM Dave.

SnakeDoc

I am not arguing with answers. I haven't gotten any.
Haven't gotten answers, only people's opinions or thoughts as to what the answer might be.
Prog said he wasn't even aware of the policy, so....he couldn't possibly answer.
And Dave, or presumeably a mod, would be aware of the correct answer and, as I said I felt their answering here might be of interest to those who could be affected.

If you don't like the way I question things, why do you keep coming back?
You guys obviously have no interest in this. Do you go through all the posts on the forum or did I just win the "pleasure" of your .... input.?

2283337496_ca13678696.jpg

SnakeDoc

Dear Dave (and only Dave),

Will SSC be distributing the Moebius Captain Kirk? If so, does that mean that Sideshow Freaks will disallow the selling of Star Trek related customs? SSC distributes or has distributed Marvel items, GI Joe items, Star Wars items, DC items, Buffy items and many others but you have never stopped the creation or selling of custom related items of those license, but because Star Trek is SO DIFFERENT from the rest of the toy collecting industry I really need you to answer this. Even though there is a section dedicated to forum policy and operations related questions, or I can directly PM you, I'm going to hide this in a section that receives 2000 posts a day (I'm sure you read them all, right) and I'm going to actually title and phase this question the following:

" The end of custom Star Trek?
Does the dawn of Moebius' 1:6 Star Trek Captain Kirk figure mean that all the great custom Star Trek items have to end? "

I'm quite confident that you'll understand what I'm talking about, or that I'm directly writing to you. Awaiting your response. In the meantime I hope no one else reading this gets the crazy idea that I actually want their opinions.

Brilliant. I'm sure he'll see it any moment.

Back on topic...
Taking another look at the Kirk figure. Seems to be yet another swing and a miss. Better customs being turned out so am not holding out much hope for a prolific ST line. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go the custom route as well if I ever have any hope of seeing TNG or DS9.

Dragon's TNG line was great.... on clearance! At $25 they were great for bodies, boots weapons and accessories. And Worf's head is great for customizing other Klingons. Hopefully this line will, at least, be priced low enough to make use of it in the same manner.

Back