The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's especially sad considering the shelf life of all these comic book movies. They make plenty of money, but they won't stand the test of time.

The fourth most baffling thing I've seen in this hobby is how there are no official third party Kyle Reese items. There are not even any Michael Biehn sculpts. All until the custom released this year.

The third most baffling thing is how no one released a third party Doc Brown BTTF1 hazmat/outfit set. Again. One lonely custom.

The fourth most baffling thing is the lack of Rocky figures. This is the first time we have seen anyone do them in over a decade and they are great but there is still not even a boxing Rocky available.

By far the most baffling thing ever is no Die Hard. Very minimal customs over the years, good stuff but no third party items except for the stuff that again, is like a decade old. There have been a ton of official items out there. Its not only a widely popular franchise it is an iconic movie, regarded as a holiday classic, an action classic. It's probably one of the most iconic films of all time.

Too much ****ing around with Tony Starks for days for anyone to care about.

There are also other figures from classic movies that haven't been made
not even by 3rd party companies:

1) Mad Max (preferably) 2, 1, 3

2) The Thing

3) Dune

4) Unforgiven

5) Cobra

6) Bevery Hills Cop Trilogy

7) Apocalypse Now

8) Jaws

9) Collateral

As far as I know only some of them exist only as expensive customs.

Also some other classics have seen only 1 maybe 2 recent releases
which was at best mediocre:
Braveheart (KP), Highlander (KP), Lethal Weapon (Redman), Blade Runner (BP, Redman), Dracula (Redman),
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (Redman), Alexander (Dragon, TbLeague)

Last one, I havent seen any figures for one of the best westerns ever: Once Upon a Time in the West!

It's not just Iron Man, Marvel, or Star Wars, those are to be expected with how much money they make, it's the extremely niche licenses that get made that always baffle me. I'm happy for the people that love those niche licenses, but damn you got an iconic movie that hasn't been touched in 1/6 yet that people have been waiting for.

I would love for a company to come out and say if they approached the studios about making one and if there's any hurdles that we don't know about behind the scenes.

It?s true you have got to think the reason bill and ted got made and something from a movie that I swear to god no one ever heard about (cutthroat island) by Blitzway instead of something like die hard when they have their finger on the pulse with licenses like That in silence and fight club is becuase they just couldn?t get the license. They are about the only ones other than hot toys who even make sense to get it,

I honestly can?t ever see hot toys doing something like that ever again. The last big surprise like that was actually the Neo. It?s just the Disney stuff for them now

NECA, Hot Toys and Diamond Select have have done it in the past.

The Hot Toys was for the GIJOE movie right? I'm sure that was totally contractual in having him in the film based on a toyline, toys would be made for him. This is more of a situation like with all the popular 80's movies that didn't have toy lines built in. Dealing with the studio and then dealing with the actor by himself.

There are also other figures from classic movies that haven't been made
not even by 3rd party companies:

1) Mad Max (preferably) 2, 1, 3

2) The Thing

3) Dune

4) Unforgiven

5) Cobra

6) Bevery Hills Cop Trilogy

7) Apocalypse Now

8) Jaws

9) Collateral

As far as I know only some of them exist only as expensive customs.

Also some other classics have seen only 1 maybe 2 recent releases
which was at best mediocre:
Braveheart (KP), Highlander (KP), Lethal Weapon (Redman), Blade Runner (BP, Redman), Dracula (Redman),
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (Redman), Alexander (Dragon, TbLeague)

Last one, I havent seen any figures for one of the best westerns ever: Once Upon a Time in the West!

I have to say, that's an interesting list of "classic" movies.... Dune? Cobra? Collateral? Those are classic? :rotfl

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Cobra and Collateral, but CLASSIC??

The Hot Toys was for the GIJOE movie right? I'm sure that was totally contractual in having him in the film based on a toyline, toys would be made for him. This is more of a situation like with all the popular 80's movies that didn't have toy lines built in. Dealing with the studio and then dealing with the actor by himself.

True but NECA got it for DH

True but NECA got it for DH

I read at the time, that it had to do with him signing on for Sin City. He had to come to the table for Sin City, so I imagine they pitched it to him at the time and he was probably like "Yeah sure whatever"

I have to say, that's an interesting list of "classic" movies.... Dune? Cobra? Collateral? Those are classic? :rotfl

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Cobra and Collateral, but CLASSIC??

Maybe for you they aren't, but for me they are :rock.

Cobra is one of my most memorable movies with Sly, it's got the CLASSIC look of him, "don't mess with me".

I am even an Arnie fan and I wish he had played in it, but Sly was good too.

Collateral was one of the movies I didn't know until I watched it, it was a pleasant surprise to see TC

play the villain in it and I think Mann made a terrific movie.

You always have to remember that each one of us distinguishes art based on his experience, age, knowledge, character

e.t.c., in plain words we see things differently.

Something that might is average for you is a classic on my book, although I admit some of the movies I mentioned

have more of a cult status than the classic ones I mentioned.

Nevertheless I would buy all of these figs as they represent the emotions I felt when watching these movies. :cool:

Maybe for you they aren't bet for me they are :rock.

Cobra is one of my most memorable movies with Sly, it's got the CLASSIC look of him, "don't mess with me".

I am even an Arnie fan but I wish he had played in it, nevertheless Sly was good too.

Collateral was one of the movies I didn't know until I viewed it, it was a pleaant surprise to see TC

played the villain in it and I think Mann made a terrific movie.

You always have to remember that each one of us distinguishes art based on his experience, age, knowledge, character etc.
in plain words we see things differently.
Something that might is average for you is a classic on my book, altthough I admit some of the movies I mentioned
have more of a cult status than the classic one I mentioned.
Nevertheless I would buy all of these figs as they represent the emotions I felt when watching these movies. :cool:

I actually just watched Cobra maybe a month ago on Netflix... definitely stick with still images from that movie for his look (and yeah, I can see how that Sly look could be cool for a figure), though watching the sunglasses in dark rooms moments and the tooth pic usage are pretty LOL.

I mean you can seriously laugh out loud through much of that movie - definitely more cult than classic The opening scene (heavy shades and toothpicks there plus some great 80s a-hole reporters) and the bikers attack on the motel are LOL classics.:lol I still have no idea who or what the bad guys are in that movie - some kind of cop axe cult - like the villains in the Hanks Dragnet movie.

And ugh, I find Collateral to be pretty meh as a movie (though well shot and a rising-star Jamie Foxx,) but I can see how people would want a Cruise fig from that movie because he looks so distinctive in the suit and grey hair, and a rare Cruise villain plus he's a hitman.

Fun fact, Sly was meant to be the star of Beverley Hills Cop and tried to rewrite it but the studio didn?t like his serious take on the story. He took his rewrite with him and it became the movie ?Cobra?...

My fave part of Cobra is the cat fight at the end where the two female characters square off, and the usage of a hook by Cobra at the end is classic also. Golan and Globus were responsible for some serious low budget 80s cheese, but Cobra may be their best work.

If anyone can tell what the heck the bad guys in Cobra were, and were up to, please post.

The best scene in Cobra is when he goes home after a long day of justice.

Then eats pizza.

As someone said,

Cobra is such a badass:

- You're suppose to place your car keys in the same place every time you return home. Cobra just tosses his keys anywhere.
- Cobra doesn't wash his hands before eating.
- Cobra walks and runs, all while wearing a leather jacket and leather gloves (80-90? weather).
- Cobra is too cool to remove his sunglasses while indoors.
- Cobra is single because he's too badass to fall in love.
- Cobra orders out because, again, Cobra is too badass to cook.
- Cobra cuts his food with scissors.
- Cobra drives a super-duper muscle car.
- Cobra keeps a matchstick in his mouth.
- Cobra doesn't call his mom. Not ever.
- Cobra doesn't wear an undershirt.
- Cobra doesn't wear a gun holster. He just tucks his "piece" in his pants.
- Cobra has a tiny cobra on his gun's grip to remind people of his badass name.
- Cobra doesn't bathe or shower.
- Cobra doesn't deal with psychos, he puts them away.

The best scene in Cobra is when he goes home after a long day of justice.

Then eats pizza.

As someone said,

Cobra is such a badass:

- You're suppose to place your car keys in the same place every time you return home. Cobra just tosses his keys anywhere.
- Cobra doesn't wash his hands before eating.
- Cobra walks and runs, all while wearing a leather jacket and leather gloves (80-90? weather).
- Cobra is too cool to remove his sunglasses while indoors.
- Cobra is single because he's too badass to fall in love.
- Cobra orders out because, again, Cobra is too badass to cook.
- Cobra cuts his food with scissors.
- Cobra drives a super-duper muscle car.
- Cobra keeps a matchstick in his mouth.
- Cobra doesn't call his mom. Not ever.
- Cobra doesn't wear an undershirt.
- Cobra doesn't wear a gun holster. He just tucks his "piece" in his pants.
- Cobra has a tiny cobra on his gun's grip to remind people of his badass name.
- Cobra doesn't bathe or shower.
- Cobra doesn't deal with psychos, he puts them away.

you forget 2 points. he leaves boring newspaper inside the BBQ grill (probably to use as fuel later) and eats his pizza straight out of the freezer and uses the table as his plate.

In the UK, the government has emergency meetings whenever there is a terrorist incident or national emergency. They are known as Cobra meetings (Cabinet Office Briefing Rooms - COBR). I picture all the ministers with shades on and matchsticks in their gobs.

Another SDCC goes by without official Die Hard figures. :monkey2

I think whatever company that would eventually do this didn't show anything. I don't think for instance Blitzway or Threezero did any new reveals. I guess Sideshow may attempt it too.

Back