The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Welcome to the party, pal!"

This project has been years in the making, and I am beyond excited that it is finally finished! Special thanks to MJ Choi for the sculpt, Nathan Eakins for the incredible paint, Katoki Ellis for the clothing, and ShortRound for the collaboration.

Each time I walk by my detolf I still can't believe I finally have McClane back in the collection. :D

zRlgihQ.jpg

l5NWJDZ.jpg

PRseLHb.jpg

yl77Goi.jpg

zk7daBw.jpg

A0phbi4.jpg

Hello friend, which Truetype body model have you used? and what feet? Where can I buy the body and feet? Thank you

For a while people were using Harvey Dent pants, they seemed like a good fit but I couldn't find them. Then I saw a post on facebook by Chris Donaldson, he had painted some black pants with a grey acrylic paint and they looked great. Not sure which pants he used but it seemed like an easy way to get grey pants.

I did the same to a pair of black suit pants from the wolverine MMS220 figure and I'm really happy with mine. It was just a neutral grey that I airbrushed onto the pants.

I don't have a pic of mine yet, but here is Chris' version (I saved the pic from his post on One Sixth Republic):
View attachment 384481

Hello friend, which Truetype body model have you used? and what feet? Where can I buy the body and feet? Thank you

After reading through this whole thread I decided I couldn’t wait on an official release any longer and took a stab at my first bash and weathering/touch-ups. Really fun trying to source all the pieces and turning it into a project. It’s not perfect, but it’s mine, and will do the job just fine until (?) an official or even third party release, at which point I’ll dangle this guy off the Christmas tree with a 1/6 fire hose or something lol.

Thanks for the tips and inspiration throughout the thread!

379D7D32-1BCC-4BA4-8FAB-979CE0C2CB14.jpeg
103A30EF-C182-4C0E-BB11-6BCABD93FF6C.jpeg
03749B76-2533-4E00-8C69-175B4A0C6D5F.jpeg

And if it is Willis he's got other more important issues to deal with than some stupid figure. The family may not want to deal with it either.

Gotta be to do with Bruce Willis. There's just no way companies don't know there's a demand.
Now that Disney owns the rights it is going to make it even harder to license.

It will not have another movie coming out to capitalize on new merch like Indy just had.

And if it is Willis he's got other more important issues to deal with than some stupid figure. The family may not want to deal with it either.
Of course, his health and wellness are more important, I just assumed his agent would deal with the likeness rights for merch.

Saw Die Hard at my local theater tonight for its thirty-fifth anniversary. Such a great movie and I’m glad I got to see it theatrically.

I’d love a McClane figure. Looks like there are a lot of customs but I’m not sure if any of them are really selling me with their sculpts. Surprised no company has made him (licensed or unlicensed).

There are plenty of custom kit bashes but only one custom clothing run and that was quite a few years ago. I'd really like to see a new custom release on a sculpted seamless body. Sadly a recent project had to be cancelled due to lack of interest. It does seem a shame for such a classic movie.

Last edited:
I found an amazing unofficial 3D print I recently made up and painted as I was done waiting and this thing was fantastic. I made waterslide decals for his tattoo and writing on his wrist. If anyone wants them I can send the files through on here.

PC041890.JPG

PC041891.JPG

die hard 1 tattoo.png
Inner wrist writing.png

The skull tattoo is a combination of images I came across online with my own added roses.
The writing it taken from an actual screen grab I then photoshopped til it looked right for printing.

Get them the size you need and print on waterslide transfer film, white doesn't print so need need to make the images anything other than what they are here. Then cut to shape, get wet and slide on.

Good luck!

Isn't that an old resin garage kit from the 90's? I seem to recall it long, long ago.

Thanks for the files! In the event I ever build out the ages old McClane I have in pieces in a shoe box. So sad.

Ah that would be this one, the 5th Sense release. Which I was tempted to get many times but just wasn't 100% on the design.

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.36.33 pm.png

The one I did is the Wicked 3D release.

Back