"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks for finding this thread again.Very interesting to read peoples views from back then.Seems funny seeing Buttmunch ask if anybody knows whos playing Two-Face!!

Saw this on IMAX a couple months ago when Warren was showing off their new IMAX addon. It was packed. And it was just as good. Still get sad when the Tumbler says goodbye.

He's teasing with the teller's life...

What ever doesn't kill you, simply makes you.... STRANGER.

The smoke grenade goes off, with the teller thinking his head is going to explode. And it doesn't. A sick joke. :lol

Thats what I always figured as well.

Besides, he knew he was a mob hit man, he would rather send a message back to them that Joker was in town.

I thinks that's why he left him alive.

It's like a time capsule lol. I was having so much fun reading people's speculation on joker and how they thought Heath might not fit the roll.

That's gonna be like reading people's thoughts on Hardy as Bane (omg his size is teh suck!) and Hathaway as Catwoman (omg that princess diaries pos!) a month from now :lol

Change your newb settings.
newb? oh im so hurt
heart-attack.jpg

lol troll harder :wink1:

Last edited:
I actually always assumed it was some sort of poison gas.

But I could definitely see it just being a smoke grenade, just to mess with the manager.

I never thought it was a joke I agree with poison gas too, that's what I thought it was,

what I think is really stupid is why was the teller wasting so much bullets, not even trying to hit them, i understand shooting and missing, but this guy was shooting while talking, they were not even in sight to shoot, that bothered me because it seemed really stupid, just wasting bullets (maybe he was trying to scare them away, but, still dumb)

The teller was being cocky as if just what he was saying would be enough to make the robbers leave.

That's gonna be like reading people's thoughts on Hardy as Bane (omg his size is teh suck!) and Hathaway as Catwoman (omg that princess diaries pos!) a month from now :lol

But Bane will always be small and everybody's complaints about Catwoman will still be valid 10 years from now when Joe Maddalena is going through your collection to see what'll be successful at auction. :lol

The topic of who was the main character in TDK has been a subject of debate over the years.

I've maintained that the film is about the rise and fall of Harvey Dent, with Batman representing the good side and Joker the bad. I know some have agreed with this and some haven't, but here's what's in the official Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy:

As written by nolan and goyer, Dent- and not Bruce wayne - would be TDK's tragic hero. "Bruce was the protagonist of the first film" explained Goyer, " but we decided very early on that he would NOT be the protagonist of the second film - that in fact, Harvey Dent would be."

One of the defining characterists of a protagonist is that he changes in the course of a story. Having determined that Bruce Wayne would not be the protagonist of TDK, the writers purposely constructed a story line in which the character remains UNchanged. "the character that changes is Harvey Dent. He goes from being a White KNight to a horrifically scarred and tragic figure"

'The battle for that tragic figures soul became the story's thematic thru-line. "We had Batman/Bruce on one side, saying that Harvey Dent represents a good vision of what the city can become" said Goyer "and then we had the Joker on the other side, saying that ANY man can be corrupted and turned into a villain if you push him hard enough. And the Joker is kind of right, which is why we wrote an ending in which Batman and Gordon conspire to hide the trust from Gotham. They protect the image of Harvey Dent and Batman sacrafices himself. That makes the ending of TDK very tragic"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back