1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly the main thing about the original figure I'd like to upgrade would be the clothing. I think the sculpts are decent considering the figure is older. Such a bizarre choice for Hot Toys to choose as an exclusive release.

Rumor goes they don't have the license at this point hence no new Star wars releases in a while now.
I thought that rumor was about Sideshow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems that Sideshow was lending the license to Hot toys.
Care to elaborate on where you're reading this? I'm very suspect of this, but stranger things have happened. If SS was in any way partnered with HT on this, they wouldn't miss a chance to brand it all over in light of their continual decline in 1/6 production quality.

He looks superb. I hope it’s a sign they revisit TDK. I’d love an armory rerelease.

There's no way to predict what HT will release next. They made a 1/4 joker with a weird Ledger sculpt missing the makeup and now a 1/6 Two Face. The next figure could be a Cosbaby Bane or John Blake to ago along with your newly purchased 1/4 Joker and 1/6 Two Face. :lol

My original reaction was similar to many of you, that this is an odd choice, and I was probably going to pass because it doesn't look too different. Then I looked at my original release Two-Face.

Man, does mine look dated now. The face is very plastic-looking way more than any of the other Hot Toys in my collection. The suit is bad, and very inaccurate to the movie. But the best part of getting a new Two-Face is that I can use the old, outdated version as Harvey Dent and finally have both represented in my collection. (I have no desire to get rid of older figures, so I love the fact that both will fit in my Batman display without looking redundant. I've never even displayed the Harvey option to this point.)

So I'm very much looking forward to his one. Would I rather have Ra's or Romero Joker? Sure, but it'll be great to have a Two-Face that matches the quality of the newer offerings.

What a nice surprise. Not necessarily the figure I would've wanted - but seeing anything from Hot Toys related to the Nolan Trilogy in 1/6 is always welcome.

Like others have said, the greatest improvement is probably going to be the tailoring. Is that worth buying a brand new figure? I don't know, but I miss being excited about Hot Toys Batman figures.

Of course, everyone would prefer a 1/6 Ra's or a 1/6 Returns Catwoman - but these are probably popular enough (especially the Catwoman) that they would merit a wider release, not a Toys Fair exclusive.

(Also, releasing on the 11th anniversary is a cute nod to the Two-Face duality!)

Wonder if this is going to be a surprise one-off or the start of a new wave of 1/6 TDK figs?

Unlikely. Disney is running the Hot Toys show now, and has been for a few years.

Anyone complaining about Hot Toys' poor business decisions need to take that into account. Hot Toys is feeling the squeeze from the Mouse.

They definitely got likeness rights from Liam Neeson. So, I'm almost sure there will be Ras Al Ghul from HT soon.

I'm a little out of the loop - is this a recent development? Was there an announcement of such an acquisition, or a release of a non-Ra's Liam Neeson character?

Original was clearance fodder. Let's see what happens this time.

Keep in mind that the market and the 1/6 figure ecosystem was very different back then.

When the original came out, Hot Toys was just finally stepping up its game and breaking out to become the standout leader of 1/6 figure quality. The collector population was smaller, the "auto-acquire" mindset from consumers wasn't in place yet as Hot Toys hadn't been the premiere toy company for a very long time...and, maybe most importantly, Sideshow hadn't acquired their monopoly over the American market for Hot Toys.

Perhaps most importantly, Sideshow hadn't acquired their monopoly over the American market for Hot Toys. There was healthy, American competition, which lead to lower prices. It's also possible that these figures were originally overproduced, due to the increasing hype for "The Dark Knight" and the first release of Hot Toys TDK figures.

I'm not saying this guy will sell like gangbusters now - Hot Toys faces the opposite problem, with TDK hype having fizzled years ago. But I do think the comparison between then and now isn't very informative due to the situation being so different.

I remember when they were on clearance. I bought a whole case of them for $45 a figure from Hastings. Sold them over the years - the last one went a year and a half ago, for more than ten times the price I paid for it.

So there's at least some market for it, even if it's not a lot. But you don't need a lot for a Toys Fair exclusive.

Given that this is an exclusive, I'm sure they'll have no problem selling out. Especially with the huge jump up in quality over the original.

Not so sure. 3/4 of last year's exclusives are still in stock at sideshow.

This character has been done for a while now. The grey suit, the red burns, the gold hair, the "I believe in Harvey Dent" button pin, the coin, the pistol. We get it.

Well, at least the shot glass is new. :lol

But, DiFabio...I want this. :) I think a true statement would be “Hot Toys is incapable of giving everybody what they want”.

Hot Toys have struck gold for me with this release! Left the hobby for a bit 7 years ago when I had a tiny collection and sold them all off...got back in and built a big collection and wanted a Dent again to go with my Nolan Batman collection. Could not justify after market prices because the figure did not age well but now I can replace my Two Face at a retail price and have a figure that will look good with all of the other Nolan figures instead of the big coat and tiny head version! To me this is one of the best things that Hot Toys has done in a while and I could not be happier! Opinions on it will fall into 2 camps I think. Folks with a 1.0 Dent that has now plummeted in after-market "value" will say that this figure is garbage...everyone else for the most part will think it is a great release especially as a well deserved break from non-stop Disney figures.

You really had to quote all of the pictures?

LRrZPRy.gif

HT know exactly what people want, and it sells out every time. They don't even need to make anything new, just repaint iron man in different colors and patterns for the next decade and their job is done.

Just because you don't want this, you can't speak for everyone. Hot Toys truly is damned if they do and damned if they don't. They're finally moving away from nonstop Iron Man and Stormtrooper variants, and people still whine and complain.

I'm more than happy with this, as I've wanted a new Two-Face for years.

Back