The Crow reboot with Bill Skarsgard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol

20240303_130900.jpg

but what if this drops and becomes huge and we find ourselves in a heath joker situation lol. Cause I remember people didn't like the reveal.

That would be pretty funny. Happened with Heath and Phoenix.
I mean kinda. Like me I did kinda like the leto Joker look when the DCEU was new and had a little bit of potientail but then that movie came out and it was so bad and his take was terrible. I think people kinda liked it cause it was the first ever Joker and Harly live action adaption. Joker 2 will probably be another super toxic love story that people fall in love with.
I mean I can see this being the halloween costume of 2024 lmao

This looks like a product of our time, which is probably the correct way of going about it rather than trying to imitate a 90's feel. I'm open-minded to it, I don't think the design is great but as long as the film is good I don't care, no point shutting yourself off to it in defence of the original.

I'll give it a shot. Obviously it has big shoes to fill, but that narrative will help this film in it's marketing ( whether people find that garish or not is up to them obviously)

Skarsgard is a very good physical actor. Where this film will clearly diverge is more backstory between Eric Draven and Shelley Webster. If FKA Twigs and Skarsgard have a nice chemistry, this could be an interesting divergent take on things. However, since she's a musician by trade, it's going to put a lot on Skarsgard's back to carry them both. IMHO, I think it's tough for many folks to conceive of how difficult the Pennywise role really was for Skarsgard. Or for anyone. Selling "evil" on screen is really about knowing when and where to stop. That's incredibly challenging.

Put it this way. I don't know if this film will land. But Skarsgard is likely it's best overall shot at the attempt. Skarsgard is taking advantage of opportunity, he's not taking advantage of the situation, IMHO, that's a huge distinction here.

Hollywood...that's right, the same town filled with writers and actors who wanted more pay-pay-pay, can't come up with anything new, so more reboots/remakes/re-pukes.

"The NO"...starring...me.

Hollywood...that's right, the same town filled with writers and actors who wanted more pay-pay-pay, can't come up with anything new, so more reboots/remakes/re-pukes.

"The NO"...starring...me.
Very few actors and writers are millionaires; the strikes have never been about the rareified world of A-listers.

As I've said elsewhere, it's the executives and accountants who green-light ideas. You can have the best ideas in the world but if execs are relying on algorithms to generate profit as opposed to taking risks on artists to create something innovative -- you get conservative choices and creatives who are hobbled and/or sellouts.

L-O-L

My first instinct is to bring up the fact that even the original Crow was a cringey emo guy himself, but I can't honestly make a case that these are comparable. I've got a relative who is kind of into this lifestyle, so it is real, and I am an old fart who probably couldn't understand it even if I wanted to, but I have a real hard time envisioning a scenario where I would ever want to watch a movie where the main character looks like this.
This is correct, We old guys playing with Dollie's have mostly given up on being edgy , forlorn romantic types who sacrifice everything for some vengeance fantasy.

Lots of vengence films fall flat once your older and have perspective on the human animal

This is correct, We old guys playing with Dollie's have mostly given up on being edgy , forlorn romantic types who sacrifice everything for some vengeance fantasy.

Lots of vengence films fall flat once your older and have perspective on the human animal
There is truth to this. There is a possibility that this will connect to younger audiences in a way that isn't easy for those who frequent this forum to understand. Maybe most of us had a moment in our lives where our hormones were going so nuts that we would consider, say, tattooing our faces. The original Crow was very much an emo fantasy in its way. Deathwish this wasn't.

Deathwish was a whole different fantasy, as was Falling Down.

That one is about ignoring rule of law, and becoming judge jury and executioner all in one.

The issue with Deathwish was the case was so far out of the norm and extreme that we could understand the man taking the law into his own hand,

Last edited by a moderator:
Deathwish was a whole different fantasy, as was Falling Down.

That one is about ignoring rule of law, and becoming judge jury and executioner all in one.

The issue with Deathwish was the case was so far out of the norm and extreme that we could understand the man taking the law into his own hand,

And WAY too many people want to bring their political views into every conversation they can.

Isn't this in violation of the code of conduct?

They're just movies,,, :slap

Last edited by a moderator:
Back