Damon Lindelof is writing a Star Wars movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the sentiment that no more Star Wars is really needed. But I said the same thing before The Mandalorian too so what do I know?..
I agree Mandalorian was really fun, and it's possible that a future Star Wars show/movie may even exceed that one. But my perspective is that the best has come in the original two films. They won't be rivaled, and anything else is essentially glorified fan fiction at this point. From that point of view, I think taking risks with an unconventional storyteller is a good move. There is always a great risk of failure, but also the possibility of something really interesting and good. Going with Rian Johnson was an example of this, for better or worse. I'll take that over Ron Howard any day, personally.

Well apparently now they're saying it's a standalone story set after the Sequel Trilogy. Which I know is going to immediately turn off most here, but I think it at least makes this a bit more intriguing since it's a completely open time period.

If that's the timeline it makes an unfortunate kind of sense. Rey is surely at Dr Manhattan power levels by then.

A writer whose work I don't like, writing a story in an era of Star wars I don't like. Yeah, that's enough for me. I won't hang around this thread just to be negative, I'll leave the thread to those that are interested in this.
We need more like you here, unlike the people trashing She Hulk, for the sake of trashing.

somehow-palpatine-returned-somehow.gif

bring on the next generation of memes :rock

I agree Mandalorian was really fun, and it's possible that a future Star Wars show/movie may even exceed that one. But my perspective is that the best has come in the original two films. They won't be rivaled, and anything else is essentially glorified fan fiction at this point. From that point of view, I think taking risks with an unconventional storyteller is a good move. There is always a great risk of failure, but also the possibility of something really interesting and good. Going with Rian Johnson was an example of this, for better or worse. I'll take that over Ron Howard any day, personally.
You only like two of the OT films?.. We are not the same

If Lindelof is writing it will surely be full of plot holes, poor logic, no internal consistency and likely a bunch of unanswered questions/loose plot threads.

It might be entertaining at least. mostly in the wrong way but that still counts.

I sincerely hope to be proven wrong.

Maybe it'll be all about force ghosts and Palpatine returns as a force ghost and all the jedi Ghosts fight him, but they can't defeat him. Rey finds a way to remain alive AND become a force ghost at the same time and saves the netherworld from Palpatine.

The epitome of Hollywood's inbreeding kabel and failing up. Why not get that ultimate hack Alex Kurtzman too? Surely, he's about done gutting anything interesting with Star Trek by now.

Good grief. SW is truly dead (after Andor is done). Having this guy come in at this point is like the ultimate death knell. Here comes more senseless storytelling and since KK will still be around, more spoon-fed agenda to boot.

Wonder if George ever regrets handing the keys over to the coffee girl?

Kathleen: My qualifications? Well, I've watched spoiled, entitled geniuses work and play and struggle with their art all my life, so naturally I am ready to run almost anything. I get things done -- yes, to do that I usually said things like "I'm asking for Mr. Spielberg" or "Mr. Lucas would like it done this way", but still, it was me on the phone.

Back