Beetlejuice 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're doing the cliché slowed down song performed by a woman. I've seen that in about a thousand trailers. We'll see. At least we're getting merchandise out of it.

It's all so very tiresome, isn't it?

Slowed down song....frames of black between edits....slow build up to the reveal.

Or in the new Aliens trailer it's the same thing but instead of the slowed down pop song it's "bwaaaahhhm.........bwaaaaaahm........bwaaaaaaaaahm."

Same ****. Over and over and over again.

Yet every single time, people proclaim how "epic!!!!" it is.

I'm so tired.
Yes, that was my same feeling. I really wanted to be into this, but when they did the same garbage the Ghostbusters reboot trailer gave us I am significantly less interested than I was before. And Burton is a shell of what he used to be, so I'm not overly optimistic to start with.

Most trailers are cut by a small handful of trailer houses. Would explain why they're so formulaic.

Here's one you won't be able to un-notice: if it's not a piano note, every trailer starting with a low bass tone of some sort.
I see more of the constant slow fade in, or the quick flash shot to dramatic one note score.

1711087867954.png
1711088100938.png

I know a lot people don't care about costume changes around here, but Beetlejuice's costume, like many costumes in sequels, is different from the original film.

I know, I know, clothes change over time and people don't wear the same clothes they did 40 years ago. Same thing was said about Indiana Jones in that thread. However, I still think the costume makes the character, so it's important to preserve the right design.

Some changes I see so far, the tie is wider and it doesn't have the lights/studs on it. The jacket has two buttons instead of one. The lapels are much wider and a completely different shape. The originals were thin and in style with 80s fashion.

The sleeves are wider and longer. In the first film the sleeves were too short and tighter. His white shirt has long sleeves now. In the original, he wore short sleeves, so you could see his forearms and watches.

The overall cut of the suit/ jacket was tighter, more boxy, very in style for the 80s. It almost looked like it was a size too small. The new one looks baggy, which makes him look more like one of those Universal Studios cosplayers. Maybe I'm just nitpicking. I hope he's wearing combat boots with the pants tucked in the boots. He'll look super lame if he's wearing shoes instead of boots.

Yeah I noticed the costume changes too, but I think it's mostly to make him look a bit more messy and shambolic due to how much time has passed. Or maybe it's just what Keaton felt more comfortable working in at this age.

Just another example of how crappy the new suit is when compared to the old one.

Look how the middle black stripe on the jacket connects perfectly to the black stripe on the lapel. It all flows perfectly. The whole suit does.

1711174526678.png

Now here's the new suit. The middle black stripe does not connect properly to the lapel, which affects the flow of the stripes, and instead makes it look like a cheap Halloween costume. It's one of the reasons the costume looks off. They can't even match the damn stripes. The tip of the lapel is in the middle of what should be a solid white space.

1711175083553.png

Back