Damon Lindelof is writing a Star Wars movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But they lied. JJ and the writers said after the first season -- promised -- that the survivors were not dead. Then, they wrote themselves into such a hole it was the only way out.
They weren't dead.
The very last season has a split narrative partially that takes place after they have all died at various times either on the island or later in life but they were not dead while they were on the island. They survved the crash, lived the entire story, and then all eventually meet up in sime sort of afterlife because of the bond they formed.
But it's explicitly stated and shown that everything really happened.
And frankly there's almost nothing introduced that isnt explained despite what people continue to say.

They weren't dead.
The very last season has a split narrative partially that takes place after they have all died at various times either on the island or later in life but they were not dead while they were on the island. They survved the crash, lived the entire story, and then all eventually meet up in sime sort of afterlife because of the bond they formed.
But it's explicitly stated and shown that everything really happened.
And frankly there's almost nothing introduced that isnt explained despite what people continue to say.
They did the eye thing from the first shot that brought it back to the beginning. He never really woke up.

Is this more Lucas style retcon!?

They did the eye thing from the first shot that brought it back to the beginning. He never really woke up.

Is this more Lucas style retcon!?
It's a plain reading of what happened. :dunno

The show opens with Jack opening his eyes regaining consciousness after the crash. Years later he dies in the same position and closes his eyes as he watches his surviving friends escape on a plane. There's nothing tricky, misleading, retcon or ambiguous about it. To the point that when he is reunited with his dead father in the afterlife his dad says point blank "everything happened" - basically directly at the weird cult of fan fic that had cropped up completely outside the text of the show.

Cop out. Sorry. "It all happened." What does that even mean?

What was the black smoke, what was the polar bear doing there, what was the significance of the numbers, what, what what?

Kathleen: My qualifications? Well, I've watched spoiled, entitled geniuses work and play and struggle with their art all my life, so naturally I am ready to run almost anything. I get things done -- yes, to do that I usually said things like "I'm asking for Mr. Spielberg" or "Mr. Lucas would like it done this way", but still, it was me on the phone.
You missed an 'i' there Wor...

I liked L O S T and loved Leftovers. I enjoyed Prometheus, moronic as it as, mostly for the aesthetics. I didn't tune in for a single minute of whatever abomination HackMen was. In all honesty, I'll give this a shot. It'll probably be more EU-copying, and about some Not!Fel Empire thingy. I'm open to dollies of cool laser-sword wizards. I don't care for much beyond that. My SW ended when the EU did. Whatever follows is judged on a case-by-case basis and all Im looking for are some cool bits and designs for dolls.

I also love Prometheus for a number of reasons, but it is nonsensical plot hole filled nonsense. I can admit it is a bad movie yet still love it. Kinda like the Star Wars prequels in that way, movies I know are badly made but I affection for

So Damon is writing a SW movie. With what, a crayon? Burnt Sienna or Midnight Blue?
Let's see...so a rumor has it he wants to pair up Rey and Grogu in some sort of post-sequel trilogy thing?

Well, perfect corporate synergy would say....have Grogu and Rey as contestants on "Dancing With the Stars". All owned by the same company, stream it on all platforms, broadcast it on ABC...grammas will love it. That Daisy's such a nice girl and that Googoo is so cute. What a win!

See Damy, it practically writes itself!

I'll believe this is happening when they're actually in production. Lucasfilm just throws teams together and 'hopes' it works with any of these movies. This is a studio that gave Rian Johnson TLJ because he came in and gave them a pitch they liked. Not a pitch for Episode VIII, just a random pitch. And they were like, cool, here's the hero generations grew up with and adore, please go ruin him!

The whole Patty Jenkins situation characterises this process as sheer ineptitude even long following the sequel trilogy.
Youtube Grimes GIF by tyler oakley

Last edited:
So Damon is writing a SW movie. With what, a crayon? Burnt Sienna or Midnight Blue?
Let's see...so a rumor has it he wants to pair up Rey and Grogu in some sort of post-sequel trilogy thing?

https://slate.com/culture/2019/01/t...rmo-del-toro-alejandro-gonzalez-inarritu.html

My personal "vision" of a Star Wars reboot would be a trilogy plus an entire epilogue film. And give Alejandro González Iñárritu, Guillermo del Toro, and Alfonso Cuarón each their own film in the core story. They are known as the "Mexican Trio" or the "Three Amigos Of Directors"

Then give Denis Villeneuve the closing act to finish it off.

Give them a big blank check, freedom to cast and full creative control. Those guys make great films. When you see JJ Abrams or any of his offshoots, my take if you can see they are passionate about being famous. The directors and creators above seem more invested in just displaying their love for film on the big screen.

Why not try a more thoughtful, mature, "prestige" kind of creative development. Instead of thinking constantly about how to game more merchandising out of each scene.

Get gritty accomplished writers - David Mamet, Aaron Sorkin, David E Kelley, Steve Zaillian, Dennis Lehane, David Simon, David Chase, Taylor Sheridan, etc, etc, involved.

Just tell a damn good story, and the big money will work itself out eventually.

Good news. Get that hack away from Star Wars.
Having said that;
1) I would have ignored his movie so thinking about, it makes no difference to me personally
2) Could he really do any more damage to Star Wars than has already been done?

As an aside, how many projects and directors have been cancelled/left the production whilst KK has been in charge?

TFA- JJ and Kathleen had BTS drama
Rogue One- bts drama which led to Gilroy and Filoni directing and writing scenes in attempts to save the third act. An absolute shocker that this turned out as good as it did considering.
TLJ- No bts drama outside of the Hamill interviews but divided the entire fanbase.
Solo- Fired Lord and Miller and had Ron Howard come in to almost reshoot the whole damn movie in six months.
TROS- Treverrow let go, JJ comes back and again, drama with KK.
Rian trilogy- dead
D&D trilogy- dead
Rogue Squadron- dead
Whatever this is- writers gone, apparently still in production but we’ll see.
Fiege movie- dead
Taika movie- apparently happening still???? and he wants to star?? screams like a movie that will be cancelled.

This is ineptitude on the highest level. I’m not saying I disagree with stuff like a Rian trilogy not happening, or a Waldron written Fiege movie being off the table…but this is why you don’t announce everything before you have a firm grasp on whether it will happen or not. Patty Jenkins gave a speech about how personal rogue squadron was to her, they produced that, just to cut ties with her as soon as she wasn’t the hot director anymore. That’s called not having faith and just throwing darts at a wall.

We are entering the 4th year of no Star Wars on the big screen and there is nothing that we can grasp to other than tv stuff which has been very up and down.

Back