The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could Grogu be persuaded to the dark side of the Force :eek:

Oh god... here we go with fan speculation of the Dark Side.

I remember when people suggested Luke would turn. Then Leia. Even Han. The sexy Slave Leia. Now little Grogu.

Must fans "zombify" everything they touch?

Yet, you never hear people hope "maybe Grievous will turn to the Light?"... or "maybe Snoke will turn good?" It's always heroes going dark, especially any scantily clad female hero.

Someone remind me why there had to be a choice made at this particular time. Couldn't Luke have merely presented the gift to Grogu and said ''so anyway, on with the next lesson''. Just because Mando wanted to visit why would that have to mean Grogu's Jedi training, which was the whole point of Mando bringing Grogu back to 'his own kind' in the first place, be potentially suddenly halted? Mando hadn't even stuck around to force some sort of decision. Had just knowing that Mando was there pushed Grogu into severe distraction?
I think after a series of distractions (frogs, etc.) and half-hearted attempts (seeker ball, etc.) Luke saw Mando's gift as a good enough excuse to check with Grogu and see if he really did want to continue down the Jedi path especially while he still had a viable alternative (Mando) ready and waiting in the wings. Even with Luke's own unorthodox training under Ben and Yoda and his attachment to his friends he still really, really wanted to be a Jedi and he seems to be realizing that Grogu might not feel the same.
The poor brother, that's grim.
It honestly somewhat bothered me seeing something that cold in a kid's show, lol. But it certainly helps you love to hate Bane.

Although I find it cool, one thing that bothers me a lot with the Naboo fighter as a transport for Mando is: what about cargo? In the previous ship he was storing a lot of things, including prisoners. How is he going to manage transporting things and people? And what about food and sleep? Doesn’t seem practical at all for long distance flight.

Although I find it cool, one thing that bothers me a lot with the Naboo fighter as a transport for Mando is: what about cargo? In the previous ship he was storing a lot of things, including prisoners. How is he going to manage transporting things and people? And what about food and sleep? Doesn’t seem practical at all for long distance flight.
His bounty hunting days are most likely coming to an end. Less travel, less baggage.

What if Disney does a huge swerve for the finale ..Boba dies or disappears.

If you think about it. what do we need Fett (especially this form of Fett) moving forward . The fan faithful are not liking Boba’s story thus far and Only Mando and the supporting characters are gaining interest.

I see the finale as the last saving grace to redeem Boba in his show :chase

So back to teaching Grogu - why give Grogu an ultimatum when Luke himself was given an ultimatum and chose his friends? I mean come on, Luke learns nothing according to the writers.
Actually, the writers are following the vision and philosophy of George Lucas to the letter.

By going to Cloud City, Luke was doing exactly what Vader wanted. And he didn't save Han... he lost his hand... he lost his lightsaber... and he put a fleeing Leia in greater danger by making her circle back to pick him up.

Just listening to the ESB director's commentary after Luke has the Cloud City vision and decides to leave is really all that's needed to understand how Luke's decision was being framed by Lucas. There are also tons of interviews where he discusses why Luke *failed* there. And Lucas has repeatedly said that the correct choice would've been to continue the training. Doing so, Luke would end up better equipped to not only help his friends in the future, but help *many* more - just like Yoda tells him.

Here's one example of the things that Lucas says in that commentary track about Luke's choice:

"Luke is making a critical mistake in his life of going after... to try to save his friends when he’s not ready. There’s a lot being taught here about patience and about waiting for the right moment to do whatever you’re going to do."

This gets followed up on in the PT with the whole "attachments" theme. It's great to have your heart in the right place, and care about saving people, but not when you're willing to do destructive things while acting impulsively out of fear.

Actually, the writers are following the vision and philosophy of George Lucas to the letter.

By going to Cloud City, Luke was doing exactly what Vader wanted. And he didn't save Han... he lost his hand... he lost his lightsaber... and he put a fleeing Leia in greater danger by making her circle back to pick him up.

Just listening to the ESB director's commentary after Luke has the Cloud City vision and decides to leave is really all that's needed to understand how Luke's decision was being framed by Lucas. There are also tons of interviews where he discusses why Luke *failed* there. And Lucas has repeatedly said that the correct choice would've been to continue the training. Doing so, Luke would end up better equipped to not only help his friends in the future, but help *many* more - just like Yoda tells him.

Here's one example of the things that Lucas says in that commentary track about Luke's choice:

"Luke is making a critical mistake in his life of going after... to try to save his friends when he’s not ready. There’s a lot being taught here about patience and about waiting for the right moment to do whatever you’re going to do."

This gets followed up on in the PT with the whole "attachments" theme. It's great to have your heart in the right place, and care about saving people, but not when you're willing to do destructive things while acting impulsively out of fear.
But if they are indeed following Lucas, how critical of a mistake that is. Hardcore fans think there really is only two SW movies. I still like the entire OT. Consensus is that the PT and ST are critical failures. To follow his advice simply is continuing his failure. The best laid plans and lessons is from the EU novelists, which George also approved by the way. If he hates Mara Jade so much, why did he approve her? George is a walking contradiction. You need real SW fans with logical motives and common sense to overcome this perpetual nightmare of failure.

I don't give AF about George's best laid plans. What is logical? What is in the spirit of SW and their respective characters? Luke would learn humbly that sacrificing his training for his friends was worth it. He did go save Han on Tatooine after Bespin. The character of Luke Skywalker is that saving the lives of the individual now might and probably is better than sacrificing the individual for the greater good.

I will leave you with this. George Lucas sells Lucasfilm to Disney for billions. Then he goes on television and calls them "white slavers". Dude lost his marbles long ago. The OT was the groundwork laid out for the EU novelists that took the baton and made it better. PT, Clone Wars, Disney ST and spinoffs are all a walking contradiction and a poorly made ones at that.

But if they are indeed following Lucas, how critical of a mistake that is. Hardcore fans think there really is only two SW movies. I still like the entire OT. Consensus is that the PT and ST are critical failures. To follow his advice simply is continuing his failure. The best laid plans and lessons is from the EU novelists, which George also approved by the way. If he hates Mara Jade so much, why did he approve her? George is a walking contradiction. You need real SW fans with logical motives and common sense to overcome this perpetual nightmare of failure.

I don't give AF about George's best laid plans. What is logical? What is in the spirit of SW and their respective characters? Luke would learn humbly that sacrificing his training for his friends was worth it. He did go save Han on Tatooine after Bespin. The character of Luke Skywalker is that saving the lives of the individual now might and probably is better than sacrificing the individual for the greater good.

I will leave you with this. George Lucas sells Lucasfilm to Disney for billions. Then he goes on television and calls them "white slavers". Dude lost his marbles long ago. The OT was the groundwork laid out for the EU novelists that took the baton and made it better. PT, Clone Wars, Disney ST and spinoffs are all a walking contradiction and a poorly made ones at that.
I respect your preference for the directions that the EU went with, even though I myself would rather these stories go as closely as possible to the concepts that Lucas prefers. And I'm sure there will be plenty of EU stuff mixed in that will be more appealing to you in these very same shows (and possibly movies).

I just wanted to make sure to point out how what seems to be going on with Luke and Grogu would still be very much in line with what Filoni and Favreau would've picked up from Lucas.

Don't forget this either.

“[The next three ‘Star Wars’ films] were going to get into a microbiotic world,” he told Cameron. “There’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force.”

Elsewhere in the conversation, Lucas admitted, “Everybody hated it in ‘Phantom Menace’ [when] we started talking about midi-chlorians.” In terms of his storytelling, Lucas regarded individuals as “vehicles for the Whills to travel around in…And the conduit is the midi-chlorians. The midi-chlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force.”

Lucas is confidant that had he kept his company, the Whills-focused films “would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did ‘Phantom Menace’ and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/george-lucas-episode-vii-episode-ix-1201974276/
Thanks ajp for your responses. I like the Mando stuff, but just not liking the direction Luke is headed on already. Maybe in time it will just play out like how he thinks Grogu should be focused in training and not how he should live the rest of his life. But this is Filoni, so Daddy George will have his way.

/endrant

Don't forget this either.

“[The next three ‘Star Wars’ films] were going to get into a microbiotic world,” he told Cameron. “There’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force.”

Elsewhere in the conversation, Lucas admitted, “Everybody hated it in ‘Phantom Menace’ [when] we started talking about midi-chlorians.” In terms of his storytelling, Lucas regarded individuals as “vehicles for the Whills to travel around in…And the conduit is the midi-chlorians. The midi-chlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force.”

Lucas is confidant that had he kept his company, the Whills-focused films “would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did ‘Phantom Menace’ and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.”
I gotta admit, you got me there. :lol I hate the idea of "the Whills" so damn much.

Well played, sir! :duff

In order to get to Exegol ships had to shrink down to the size of the Whills and fly through someone's veins. George's original vision preserved! :yess:

STAR%2BWARS%2BEPISODE%2BIX%2BBLOCKADE%2BRUNNER%2BAND%2BB-WING%2BFIGHTER.png

I respect your preference for the directions that the EU went with, even though I myself would rather these stories go as closely as possible to the concepts that Lucas prefers. And I'm sure there will be plenty of EU stuff mixed in that will be more appealing to you in these very same shows (and possibly movies).

I just wanted to make sure to point out how what seems to be going on with Luke and Grogu would still be very much in line with what Filoni and Favreau would've picked up from Lucas.
And as much as I do say that are not following the EU, they actually kind of do, just in a way I don't like at all. Rogue One is essentially Dark Forces with Kyle Katarn/Jan Ors. Vader had a castle but a different planet. ST has the Imperial Remnant as First Order, Kylo as Jacen, Rey as Jaina. Luke did go Dark Side in Dark Empire, but was to undermine the cloned Emperor which was in Rise of Skywalker. Not familiar with the Han Solo books, but having a mentor/saving Chewie/Maw is EU. Could be more, but I didn't see ROS and don't know every detail of every SW EU book.

Thanks ajp for your responses. I like the Mando stuff, but just not liking the direction Luke is headed on already. Maybe in time it will just play out like how he thinks Grogu should be focused in training and not how he should live the rest of his life. But this is Filoni, so Daddy George will have his way.
/endrant
IMO ultimately Luke, I think, isn't gonna be a major player in Mandalorian anyway. Think they already laid the ground work, with the comment from Luke about his (Grogu's) heart not being in it. Grogu is laying there exhausted. Plus there's the comment about Grogu more remembering things, than being taught. E.g. how much is Luke needed then?

Luke will show up with Ahsoka time to time, for the coolness aspect. Just hope if Luke arrives with Grogu on Tatooine, it's a decent scene, not spoiled by the Power Rangers standing around. Can only hope with the finale Favreau butts in a lot to oversee things.

Then we can move on to the battle for Mandalore.:lightsabe

I think after a series of distractions (frogs, etc.) and half-hearted attempts (seeker ball, etc.) Luke saw Mando's gift as a good enough excuse to check with Grogu and see if he really did want to continue down the Jedi path especially while he still had a viable alternative (Mando) ready and waiting in the wings. Even with Luke's own unorthodox training under Ben and Yoda and his attachment to his friends he still really, really wanted to be a Jedi and he seems to be realizing that Grogu might not feel the same.

Just watching it again and yeah Asoka's dialogue does set up that seeing Mando again is likely to put a spanner in the jedi training for Grogu. Then Luke expresses his doubts that Grogu actually wants to be trained. OK so Grogu is heavily distracted and Luke knows.

I'm wondering about that exchange of dialogue with Luke and Asoka though - Luke says ''sometimes I wonder if his heart is in it'' and Asoka's response to that is ''so like your father''. I initially assumed she was talking about Luke - which struck me as a bizarre and random thing to say as a reply to what Luke said about Grogu. Seemed to me it was just a forced piece of dialogue to remind us that she knew Anakin. Unless what she meant was that Grogu is like Anakin?

It honestly somewhat bothered me seeing something that cold in a kid's show, lol. But it certainly helps you love to hate Bane.

Pretty horrible :lol I'm fortunate to get along well with my brothers, I also consider them my best friends. If one of them were casually murdered in front of me for the sake of a hat, that's an unsettling thought.

Just watching it again and yeah Asoka's dialogue does set up that seeing Mando again is likely to put a spanner in the jedi training for Grogu. Then Luke expresses his doubts that Grogu actually wants to be trained. OK so Grogu is heavily distracted and Luke knows.

I'm wondering about that exchange of dialogue with Luke and Asoka though - Luke says ''sometimes I wonder if his heart is in it'' and Asoka's response to that is ''so like your father''. I initially assumed she was talking about Luke - which struck me as a bizarre and random thing to say as a reply to what Luke said about Grogu. Seemed to me it was just a forced piece of dialogue to remind us that she knew Anakin. Unless what she meant was that Grogu is like Anakin?
Think it's just more trying to explain Ahsoka to folks who only have watched the SW movies; maybe Mando, and didn't watch CW or Rebels. I didn't thought of them as some kind of cartoon for a good while. People would talk about CW and I'd be *eh*.

Pretty horrible :lol I'm fortunate to get along well with my brothers, I also consider them my best friends. If one of them were casually murdered in front of me for the sake of a hat, that's an unsettling thought.
So I watched somewhere that Ahsoka here was referencing a similar doubt Anakin had over training her. So basically Luke doubting whether or not he should train Grogu because Grogu did not seem as interested reminded her of Anakin.

Again I haven't watched any of the animated stuff so I do not know if this is true.

Back