The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20220204_174801.jpg

I haven't collected 3 3/4" in several years but I always loved the side characters and some of the different collections they'd do (cartoon style Clone Wars, comic book series, etc.). I decided to focus on 1/4 and 1/6 scale and have less variety with higher quality. Those 3 3/4 still hold a special little place in my heart though. :)
Had to budget someplace but for my HASBRO Razor Crest, too bad Disney/LucasFilm :pfft: :
Gina.jpg

Would sure liven up TBOBF to have her show up. She'd make Boba look more inadequate tho.

Well, you guys are fellow PT critics and if George's Jedi philosophy isn't on your list of things that suck in the PT - moreso just the portrayal of it through his weak writing - maybe my mind can be changed.

The childhood indoctrination thing - I guess it needs to be handwaved away like many things do in Star Wars - like how people don't let Anakin's massacre of the younglings get in the way of his redemption story or the question of how many potential Finn's get blown up on every Star Destroyer or Death Star - grey areas later introduced into Star Wars that were never originally intended.
:duff

With the child indoctrination thing, I think it's reasonable to assume that some cultures in the SW galaxy might've revered the Jedi in their prime and considered it an honor to have an offspring worthy of admission. Like the "will of The Force" gifted their child enough to be part of the Jedi Order in order to contribute to preserving peace in the galaxy.

And there are other circumstances where I could see parents considering a Jedi life as optimal for their little toddler, thus volunteering their kid to be tested for admission into the Order. Plus, Luke's test with Grogu is an example of how younglings might not have continued Jedi training without demonstrating enough heartfelt commitment to it.

Since there's no Jedi equivalent to Professor X's Cerebro, it's hard for me to believe that potential padawans were recruited by having Jedi go around with midichlorian test strips and approaching random babies to indoctrinate. :lol So, it's easy to assume that plenty of cases were often an undoubtedly better or preferred alternative to the life they would've had otherwise. And Jedi would see it as destiny.

Since there's no Jedi equivalent to Professor X's Cerebro, it's hard for me to believe that potential padawans were recruited by having Jedi go around with midichlorian test strips and approaching random babies to indoctrinate. :lol
I've often wondered what Qui Gon meant when he told Shmi that "had Anakin been born in the Republic we would have identified him early."

This finale had best be at least an hour long.

I'd say so, since here is the expected cast list, barring Fett and Shand:

Mando
Grogu
Luke
Han Solo
Leia
Ahsoka
Thrawn
Qira
Hondo Ohnaka
Cad Bane
Rex - he's 90, but its whatever
Maul.... or his ghost? idk....
Armorer
That Vizsla guy that likes to knife-fight everyone
Tuskan Chieftainess
Mod Squad
Twi'lek majordomo
Black Krrwhatever
Assorted Pykes
A rancor
Omega from Bad Batch
Ezra Bridger

....and who else? But you get my drift. This is going to be one busy 45 minutes let me tell you.

I've often wondered what Qui Gon meant when he told Shmi that "had Anakin been born in the Republic we would have identified him early."
Maybe he just meant that core-world Republic planets have a more routine Jedi presence, so Anakin's off-the-charts connection to the Force would've been noticed sooner.

Qui-Gon tested Anakin's blood because he sensed something in the first place to suspect this kid had a uniquely strong connection to the Force. The results were just confirmation of what Qui-Gon had picked up on his own. Had Anakin grown up somewhere in the Republic where Jedi are called to more routinely, Anakin's gift would've been detected the same way, but sooner.

I like to think that "the Force is strong with this one" is more than just some colloquial phrase, or a comment on great piloting skills. People using the Force (wittingly or unwittingly) might have a certain "aura" surrounding them that perceptive Jedi might be able to detect.

I completely dismissed TLJ and didn't give it much thought, but isn't Luke going about teaching in all the wrong ways according to Yoda in TLJ? I can't remember what the point of Yoda laughing at the old Jedi books burning. Probably proves my point of Rian not knowing either. :lol
Yoda didn't burn the books. Those had been removed by Rey, and Yoda delivered a double-meaning line to Luke which showed awareness of this.

The point of Yoda's interaction with Luke in TLJ was to note how the lesson of "pass on what you have learned" includes that which you learn from failure.

When you take the PT into account (as Rian would've had to), Yoda himself was a reluctant exiled teacher when Luke showed up on Dagobah, also being curiously resistant to pass on what he had learned after failure with Anakin. Obi-Wan had to intervene in order to convince the old master to train Luke. It worked out for the best.

Yoda didn't burn the books. Those had been removed by Rey, and Yoda delivered a double-meaning line to Luke which showed awareness of this.

The point of Yoda's interaction with Luke in TLJ was to note how the lesson of "pass on what you have learned" includes that which you learn from failure.

When you take the PT into account (as Rian would've had to), Yoda himself was a reluctant exiled teacher when Luke showed up on Dagobah, also being curiously resistant to pass on what he had learned after failure with Anakin. Obi-Wan had to intervene in order to convince the old master to train Luke. It worked out for the best.
I thought Yoda burned the "sacred texts" and the Jedi tree with his conjuration of lightning striking it.

Rewatching that scene just now, Luke learned nothing according to Rian and Yoda had to teach him again how stupid he is.

I wonder if Rian has learned from his failure? Last time I heard it was the fan's fault.

So back to teaching Grogu - why give Grogu an ultimatum when Luke himself was given an ultimatum and chose his friends? I mean come on, Luke learns nothing according to the writers.

Someone remind me why there had to be a choice made at this particular time. Couldn't Luke have merely presented the gift to Grogu and said ''so anyway, on with the next lesson''. Just because Mando wanted to visit why would that have to mean Grogu's Jedi training, which was the whole point of Mando bringing Grogu back to 'his own kind' in the first place, be potentially suddenly halted? Mando hadn't even stuck around to force some sort of decision. Had just knowing that Mando was there pushed Grogu into severe distraction?

And most importantly the end of flipping laserdiscs! :lol

Though DVD's did have those annoying layer changes where halfway through the movie you'd get this brief but still abrupt pause. They'd try to coordinate it with a lull in the action or sound but often times it was jarring enough to be noticeable and briefly take you out of the scene.

Some early DVDs needed to be flipped, I forgot about that. And yeah I also forgot about the layer change pause. Well, that was at least preferable to flipper discs.

Then Bane blew him away right in front of his twin brother (who was too terrified to retaliate) and tossed his old hat onto the poor dude's corpse.

View attachment 560440

main-qimg-88bf526a9046b0e01659b8b356258f09-lq

The poor brother, that's grim.

With the child indoctrination thing, I think it's reasonable to assume that some cultures in the SW galaxy might've revered the Jedi in their prime and considered it an honor to have an offspring worthy of admission. Like the "will of The Force" gifted their child enough to be part of the Jedi Order in order to contribute to preserving peace in the galaxy.

And there are other circumstances where I could see parents considering a Jedi life as optimal for their little toddler, thus volunteering their kid to be tested for admission into the Order. Plus, Luke's test with Grogu is an example of how younglings might not have continued Jedi training without demonstrating enough heartfelt commitment to it.

Since there's no Jedi equivalent to Professor X's Cerebro, it's hard for me to believe that potential padawans were recruited by having Jedi go around with midichlorian test strips and approaching random babies to indoctrinate. :lol So, it's easy to assume that plenty of cases were often an undoubtedly better or preferred alternative to the life they would've had otherwise. And Jedi would see it as destiny.

Well dammit that's good. I'll accept that.

Well dammit that's good. I'll accept that.

Since there's no Jedi equivalent to Professor X's Cerebro, it's hard for me to believe that potential padawans were recruited by having Jedi go around with midichlorian test strips and approaching random babies to indoctrinate. :lol So, it's easy to assume that plenty of cases were often an undoubtedly better or preferred alternative to the life they would've had otherwise. And Jedi would see it as d
Also going by Shmi (as an example), she recognized her son had special skills she likley could not fully nurture to their fullest, and great qualities that could serve many more than just her and those around. She genuinely wanted something better for him, and was willing to "share" his qualities toward that greater purpose.

So if this is recognized in others experience, they also may be seeking the same for their own.

-
As for Luke making Grogu choose one or the other, if he doesn't allow him both, this is a complete betrayal of everything Luke learned, would himself know from experience, and was.
Luke never followed Jedi dogma (or books), to the contrary, he denied them, knowingly went against the older Jedis will, and followed his own path. Rushed to save his friends, refused to give up on his father.
In doing so, keeping his personal attachment to those friends, his sister, and his father, those he loved, he saved his father, the galaxy, and brought about the return of the Jedi his way.
That is Luke.

Disney apparently does not see or know the character. If he denies Grogu both, this is a different character.

Last edited:
I'd say so, since here is the expected cast list, barring Fett and Shand:

Mando
Grogu
Luke
Han Solo
Leia
Ahsoka
Thrawn
Qira
Hondo Ohnaka
Cad Bane
Rex - he's 90, but its whatever
Maul.... or his ghost? idk....
Armorer
That Vizsla guy that likes to knife-fight everyone
Tuskan Chieftainess
Mod Squad
Twi'lek majordomo
Black Krrwhatever
Assorted Pykes
A rancor
Omega from Bad Batch
Ezra Bridger

....and who else? But you get my drift. This is going to be one busy 45 minutes let me tell you.
You left out the Force ghost of Obi-Wan, who steps up as the voice of irate Fett fans......
Obiwan2.gif

200w.gif

Not like Disney to give up an advertising opportunity.:monkey3

Watching the episode again…Grogu is kind of messed up in his mind. According to Luke, Grogu made himself forget the purge event . Could Grogu be persuaded to the dark side of the Force :eek:

Back