The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got around to watching this last night and wasn't very impressed.
Most of the time I was wondering aloud why Boba Fett, bad-ass, merciless bounty hunter, was getting his ass whupped, looking upset/displeased at some random farmer's execution and generally acting conciliatory towards potentially dangerous adversaries. Really doesn't make much sense yet... Boba Fett was a goddammed villain, let him be a villain for ****'s sake.
Overall I thought it was rather weak.

I’m sure some of the tribes are more barbaric than others. Those ones did kidnap and torture his mother, seemingly for fun. Can’t toss an entire species into the same basket.

#NotAllTuskens
Wait a minute... these Tuskens also kidnapped and tortured Boba Fat and used him for slave labor. So he saved one of the kids and got accepted as a semi-bad ass by the tribe, that doesn't change how he was treated previously.
Or is my sarcasm detector malfunctioning? :monkey2

Obi-Wan KeNobody
5zvtl9.jpg

I don't think the Tusken Raiders are nice people (creatures.) And that's OK. It's not some weird cultural attack. Infusing today's politics into everything is so boring and tired. Look....it was over 45 years ago when the movie was made. There are no black people (other than James Earl Jones' voice) in the original movie. Lucas wasn't making a statement about Indians or muslims or anything. They were just violent desert raiders.

I didn't mind Boba showing compassion to that kid. As we (unfortunately) saw in AOTC, he was a dumb annoying kid once, too.

As for the Rodian, he probably wanted to free him cause two heads are better than one when it comes to escaping your captors.

Despite all this, yes, I feel like he was waaay too soft in the pilot episode and I doubt that will change over the next six episodes.

(PS.....I'm starting to get the feeling that the Fremen from Dune just miiiiiight be a metaphor for Arabs, and Arrakis and its "spice" is just a metaphor for the middle east and oil. Probably just in my head though. I'm sure nobody else ever noticed such a thing.)

I don't think the Tusken Raiders are nice people (creatures.) And that's OK. It's not some weird cultural attack. Infusing today's politics into everything is so boring and tired. Look....it was over 45 years ago when the movie was made. There are no black people (other than James Earl Jones' voice) in the original movie. Lucas wasn't making a statement about Indians or muslims or anything. They were just violent desert raiders.

I didn't mind Boba showing compassion to that kid. As we (unfortunately) saw in AOTC, he was a dumb annoying kid once, too.

As for the Rodian, he probably wanted to free him cause two heads are better than one when it comes to escaping your captors.

Despite all this, yes, I feel like he was waaay too soft in the pilot episode and I doubt that will change over the next six episodes.

(PS.....I'm starting to get the feeling that the Fremen from Dune just miiiiiight be a metaphor for Arabs, and Arrakis and its "spice" is just a metaphor for the middle east and oil. Probably just in my head though. I'm sure nobody else ever noticed such a thing.)
You are getting soft at your old age.

Wor-Gar will be very grumpy if he found out lol

Hmm… Wonder if they’ve intertwined the story with the new sequel lore. Maybe we see Fett, for some unearthly reason visits Grogu, where we’ll also see a young Kylo training with Luke.

Or is Kylo not yet born? Got to dig a bit further into it. Not read on any leaks so far.

One thing is certain though. In the next episode, we’ll see Boba Fat…

* SPOILER *

go visit the Polynesian spa…
* END OF SPOILER *

;)

Hmm… Wonder if they’ve intertwined the story with the new sequel lore. Maybe we see Fett, for some unearthly reason visits Grogu, where we’ll also see a young Kylo training with Luke.

Or is Kylo not yet born? Got to dig a bit further into it. Not read on any leaks so far.

One thing is certain though. In the next episode, we’ll see Boba Fat…

* SPOILER *

go visit the Polynesian spa…
* END OF SPOILER *

;)
Kylo is like 4 or 5 years old,

Back