The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rather see Dr. Strange appear in a Star Wars show and pull Kylo and Rey through a wormhole than see The Mandalorian transition into Sequel Trilogy content.
Please KK don't taint Maz, Rose, or Holdo by connecting them in any way to Boba Fett.

Now there's a statement I never believed I'd utter back in 2017, lol.

So these two get posters? Is that an indication of who may get figures?

FIHQJVdVUAE1BMo

This ^guy took me out of the show , like I was watching a sitcom.

And the scene with Boba just surrendering and handing over his helmet made no sense for the character, who had just recovered it, chased it off world, knows half the planet is out to sabotage and get him, In fact Fennec's reaction (like most in the ep.) was what I would have expected from Fett.
Then I remember who was approaching, and that both R.Rodriguez and Favreau were abt 15-16 when Flashdance came out.... So I can almost forgive Fett's stupidity, and inability to think straight in that scene. :lol
FIHQJVXVgAgWVvf

Last edited:
I wasn't surprised by this poorly directed episode as it was Robert Rodriguez who was the director of the worst Mandalorian episode, maybe the other directors of the series will be able to save the rest of the show.

I just don't know how he could do such a bad job, ROTJ Boba was not supposed to be played by Temuera Morrison, they should have just used a body double for the memories scenes with the head covered and stay with TM in the "present" playing an aged version of the character after 5 years on Tatooine.

It's really bad when comparing with his other works that are great to excelent, like Alita and Mariachi trilogy.
I do agree on this. So the Boba that was hunting Han and went into the Sarlacc pit was a 60-year-old? They should have either used a body double or deaged him to 40-45. Then he could have spent 10-15 years or so living among the Tusken. The timeline seems all over the place.

I know some folks wanted an epic Sarlacc escape, but you also have to factor in time and budget. I had a bigger problem with some of the other narrative and creative choices which have weakened and demystified Boba and may squander away what should be a no-brainer opportunity to add a great entry into the Star Wars universe. Rodriguez has never particularly bowled me over as a director, but hopefully Favreau and Faloni are guiding the overall storytelling.

Hopefully the next episode will get the show on track.

I do agree on this. So the Boba that was hunting Han and went into the Sarlacc pit was a 60-year-old? They should have either used a body double or deaged him to 40-45. Then he could have spent 10-15 years or so living among the Tusken. The timeline seems all over the place.

I know some folks wanted an epic Sarlacc escape, but you also have to factor in time and budget. I had a bigger problem with some of the other narrative and creative choices which have weakened and demystified Boba and may squander away what should be a no-brainer opportunity to add a great entry into the Star Wars universe. Rodriguez has never particularly bowled me over as a director, but hopefully Favreau and Faloni are guiding the overall storytelling.

Hopefully the next episode will get the show on track.

Fans haven't spent the last 40 years wondering how Fett might have briefly coexisted with a "misunderstood" indigenous clan of Sand People. They have however wondered if and how Fett might have survived and escaped the Sarlaac Pit. I think this episode would have been much better received if it was a 40 minute episode whose primary focus was on his epic escape and the aftermath of the chaos post Sail Barge incident.

Fans haven't spent the last 40 years wondering how Fett might have briefly coexisted with a "misunderstood" indigenous clan of Sand People. They have however wondered if and how Fett might have survived and escaped the Sarlaac Pit. I think this episode would have been much better received if it was a 40 minute episode whose primary focus was on his epic escape and the aftermath of the chaos post Sail Barge incident.
Which makes you wonder from the Tusken point of view, why save Boba or the Rodian? To dig up sand pumpkins a foot deep? Waste of water on keeping prisoners alive.

Which makes you wonder from the Tusken point of view, why save Boba or the Rodian? To dig up sand pumpkins a foot deep? Waste of water on keeping prisoners alive.
Only thing that would've made sense was harvesting them and keeping them water fat for ritual sacrifice. I have to assume the torture they inflicted on Anakin's mother had some kind of purpose beyond 'just for kicks' -- to send a message to colonists/farmers, to appease a deity ... etc.

Only thing that would've made sense was harvesting them and keeping them water fat for ritual sacrifice. I have to assume the torture they inflicted on Anakin's mother had some kind of purpose beyond 'just for kicks' -- to send a message to colonists/farmers, to appease a deity ... etc.
And rape.

Boba wasn’t allowed any water until he earned their respect by saving the kid though. Probably no longer a prisoner.

There are no black people (other than James Earl Jones' voice) in the original movie.
Black Luke Skywalker walking to get some power converters for his colonizer family in the background begs to differ. :lecture

W0x5dnP.jpg
5zwqn4.gif

Hey there were no Asians, Latinos, Arabs, etc... For a movie with only 5 face leads, and everyone else in masks, robots or aliens, this extra actually got a prime cameo.
Plus the next main heroic lead Lucas introduced was frikin Lando Calrissian, the smoothest scoundrel in the universe, and one of the most memorable characters on film.
Not sure why anyone would give Lucas a hard time for that.

Last edited:
Back