The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When he used his viewfinder to look at the dog all I saw was a Bantha or hairy Rancor! :slap

**** this show lol
Brutal:
https://decider.com/2022/01/20/boba-fett-is-lame-in-the-book-of-boba-fett-on-disney/
"......We’ve met Hutt twins with an incestuous vibe, Tusken Raiders with honor, and a droid with the voice of Matt Berry. Ming-Na Wen’s Fennec Shand has bailed Boba out so many times, you could mistake her for his mom. (I mean who else would constantly come to a man’s rescue without complaint or romantic expectations? A MOM!)"

Tho dunno about that one. Rewatching Mando and the glorious sight of Fennec and Gina sharpshooting. It's refreshing to not always have smut (no one ever needed Ripley to hop into the sack).

Tho maybe this is one big fakeout,:nana: all leading to some ultimate, jaw-dropping end; like Favreau's gotta know you need a finale, with all the MCU experience. Am sure I'll be lined up to watch the next show, tho maybe it's more like rubbernecking at a car crash.:toilet_cl

Oh my dear friends, the ladies of FB have discovered this show and its a real clown-show of its own, over on our favorite [ha] social media. To wit:

"Boba is never defined, he's just a guy in a suit and so they can do whatever they want to him."

"YOU HATE TO LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE I CAN SEE THAT! THIS BOBA IS FIRE!"

"Boba is a cuddly dad now, and its fine with me. That's character progression!"

"IF YOU HATE THIS YOU ARE TO LEAVE ALL FANTASY AND SCI-FI FANDOMS AT! ONCE! You cannot handle this, its not for you and I LOVE IT SO GETTTTT OOOUUTTTTTTTTT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

"You can't handle this! Its fine, admit you cant handle this!"

[And this real prize]: any version of "Obviously, if you dont love this show you are a RACIST AND ALSO YOU HATE TRANS PEOPLE I KNOOOOW YOU DO!" This when the comment thread has so far not had a thing to do with racial, and especially not trans issues. Calling people Terfs is the new version of calling them Nazis. Its noted and dismissed as the new demonization by all persons with functioning grey matter. I've been viewed as the literal Devil my whole life through, you aint hurting my feelings you 15 year old child.

"Filoni and Favreau are simply incapable of wrongdoing or missteps. You loved Mando, but now you hate this. You dont even know what you like, you casual."

All thoughtful versions of "I have been a Fett fan for years, and when I see them doing x, y, or z with My Boy it kind of gives me pause.... especially when he has a long history of [insert issue here]" = automatic instant vitriolic hatred. There can be only wildly-raving enthusiasm, or its pure hate. No in-betweens.

"He was only onscreen for like 6 minutes total prior to Mando. So he's a blank slate." I dont think anything infuriates me more than this one right here.

"You can't handle progression or any change, boomer!" Oh, but I can. I merely object to them trying to cram 15 years of change into one 6? episode series. They're trying to do too much to Fett, far too fast and it SHOWS, my god it shows.

We already have one cuddly dad in SW, and that's Din. The [so far] ONLY nice dad in SW, with the possible exception of Bail Organa. Why do we have to turn Mando and Boba into the same person! But at least they didnt make Din chase stupid droids through a kitchen.... Boba is no one's dad. He wasn't even a dad to his own daughter. And these people trying to define him for me now, like they the ultimate authority! I dont think so, toots, you have not one clue what or who Fett really is.

And it's so frustrating that this entire scenario is still just a lingering byproduct of George screwing up Fett's death in ROTJ and then messing him up even further in AOTC/TCW.

:lol

These kids get it (and give him better dialogue than this entire show, lol.)

Did...did Darth Vader do a Nazi salute? 😲

"Who exactly is Boba Fett and what could his future within the Star Wars universe be? That’s what The Book of Boba Fett was supposed to explain. So far, we’ve seen a scarred, beaten man fumble his way into power with the help of friends. He’s a crime lord who seems allergic to doing crime. A warrior who constantly needs help to survive any old fight, including those against tiny, rat-catching droids. Boba Fett has had a few moments of cool — like leading a high speed train robbery or blasting some bikers to smithereens — but overall, his swagger has been sorely lacking in The Book of Boba Fett so far."

YOU'LL NEED SOME OINTMENT for a third-degree burn like that one, Filoni and Favreau. You'll need a vat of it, in fact.

You'll need bacta.

Oh my dear friends, the ladies of FB have discovered this show and its a real clown-show of its own, over on our favorite [ha] social media. To wit:

"Boba is never defined, he's just a guy in a suit and so they can do whatever they want to him."

"YOU HATE TO LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE I CAN SEE THAT! THIS BOBA IS FIRE!"

"Boba is a cuddly dad now, and its fine with me. That's character progression!"

"IF YOU HATE THIS YOU ARE TO LEAVE ALL FANTASY AND SCI-FI FANDOMS AT! ONCE! You cannot handle this, its not for you and I LOVE IT SO GETTTTT OOOUUTTTTTTTTT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

"You can't handle this! Its fine, admit you cant handle this!"

[And this real prize]: any version of "Obviously, if you dont love this show you are a RACIST AND ALSO YOU HATE TRANS PEOPLE I KNOOOOW YOU DO!" This when the comment thread has so far not had a thing to do with racial, and especially not trans issues. Calling people Terfs is the new version of calling them Nazis. Its noted and dismissed as the new demonization by all persons with functioning grey matter. I've been viewed as the literal Devil my whole life through, you aint hurting my feelings you 15 year old child.

"Filoni and Favreau are simply incapable of wrongdoing or missteps. You loved Mando, but now you hate this. You dont even know what you like, you casual."

All thoughtful versions of "I have been a Fett fan for years, and when I see them doing x, y, or z with My Boy it kind of gives me pause.... especially when he has a long history of [insert issue here]" = automatic instant vitriolic hatred. There can be only wildly-raving enthusiasm, or its pure hate. No in-betweens.

"He was only onscreen for like 6 minutes total prior to Mando. So he's a blank slate." I dont think anything infuriates me more than this one right here.

"You can't handle progression or any change, boomer!" Oh, but I can. I merely object to them trying to cram 15 years of change into one 6? episode series. They're trying to do too much to Fett, far too fast and it SHOWS, my god it shows.

We already have one cuddly dad in SW, and that's Din. The [so far] ONLY nice dad in SW, with the possible exception of Bail Organa. Why do we have to turn Mando and Boba into the same person! But at least they didnt make Din chase stupid droids through a kitchen.... Boba is no one's dad. He wasn't even a dad to his own daughter. And these people trying to define him for me now, like they the ultimate authority! I dont think so, toots, you have not one clue what or who Fett really is.
Some of those read like anti-wokist's ''doing'' woke impressions. Are you sure they're not parody? Particularly where they randomly bring up trans for no reason or actually say ''REEEEEEEEE'' :lol

Some of those read like anti-wokist's ''doing'' woke impressions. Are you sure they're not parody? Particularly where they randomly bring up trans for no reason or actually say ''REEEEEEEEE'' :lol

I really have no idea, I have given up trying to reverse-engineer these fools.

They don't usually actually SAY "reeeeee" but believe me, its much implied.

Maybe they are talking about Trandoshans? :lol

No, they're trying to make like people are mad because Morrison is a Maori so the show is therefore bad because he isn't white - and literally no one, not one person that I have ever seen minds this, or thinks its a negative thing. Is he Maori? COOL. This show has 99 problems and a racial profile aint one.

[Well, I'd say BK is a racist, definitely but that's to the side. LOL.]

No, they're trying to make like people are mad because Morrison is a Maori so the show is therefore bad because he isn't white - and literally no one, not one person that I have ever seen minds this, or thinks its a negative thing. Is he Maori? COOL. This show has 99 problems and a racial profile aint one.

[Well, I'd say BK is a racist, definitely but that's to the side. LOL.]

It's a tired and shameful tactic to divert legitimate criticism away from a terrible show that deserves all the criticism it gets. Actors should be playing the part of the character they are supposed to be on screen to the best of their ability, not inserting their own personal lives or beliefs into the character they are playing.

Last edited:
Actors should be playing the part of the character they are supposed to be on screen to the best of their ability, not inserting their own personal lives or beliefs into the character they are playing.

tropic-thunder-blackface.png

It's a tired and shameful tactic to divert legitimate criticism away from a terrible show that deserves all the criticism it gets. Actors should be playing the part of the character they are supposed to be on screen to the best of their ability, not inserting their own personal lives or beliefs into the character they are playing.
Yep. :lecture

Back