The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most infamous bounty hunter in the galaxy when discovering a tribe of slaughtered Tuskens:

native-american-indian.gif

and coming across a locked door:

LaCUTO1.gif

*Manuevers floating Death Laser Platform over Kathleen's house*

Filoni and Favreau, you are next

I still cant believe this sh**. I just cannot. I just cant wait till we see Bo-Katan having MIL problems onscreen, either. You KNOW its gonna be some next level STUPID S*** like that. Perhaps in the "Kenobi" series we can have Kenobi beginning his trans journey. I just cannot with all this y'all I never dreamed such stupidity was possible. Even TLJ did not warn me sufficiently.

No matter how tolerable or entertaining this show might be if you allow yourself to ignore the OT, that shouldn't even need to be a consideration. This series is an extension of the setups which preceded it, and there's nothing so far which couldn't have been accomplished the same (better, actually) without recontextualizing the OT.

If they wanted Fett to assimilate into a culture of unfairly-perceived savages in order to discover their nobility and motivate his new perspective on life, then *create* a new culture of neglected underground Tatooine natives rather rather than rebranding Tuskens. Each time Lucas revisited Tatooine, he kept adding new species to the territory. Could one of those also have been native to Tatooine, like Jawas and Tuskens? Why not? Shows you how much room there is to play with, given how relatively little we've actually seen of *an entire planet* on screen.

And if they wanted Boba Fett to have a life change, then establish a clear delineation between his OT persona and his new ongoing persona. It's that simple! Acknowledge the OT Fett by making it clear that who he *was* is dramatically different than who he now *is* post-Sarlacc. Instead, the OT Fett traits and context, which had been abundantly obvious for decades, are ignored as if it's essentially the same guy.

It's downright laughable to think of a guy wearing Wookiee-scalp trophies and disintegrating targets being a mostly kindhearted, but conflicted man who does things like apologize for an unintentional "keep an eye out" pun. :slap
Worst part of the entire series and possibly all of Disney SW. The level of cringe was worse than Rose or anything else in my eye (see what I did there lol). I just don’t understand why they felt that needed to be included. These dumb cyborg kids intentionally mutilate/upgrade their bodies so it’s not like his missing eye is painful or sensitive to him. It’s like Boba didn’t even pay attention to his briefing and just assumed it was accident related. Even so why would Boba even care if he offended one of his paid lackeys? Then to top it off he asks Fennec of all people if she approves. She also works under him! Who cares he has far far more pressing issues at hand like the warring syndicates all vying for his territory. Ridiculous episode.

Does he change Baby Fett's bacta diaper? :lol

So I've been looking at the show all wrong?
If you just surrender to Fennec as the hard-edge in control bad-ass lead of the show, and Fett as the babbling Baby Yoda of the series. She's just letting him play (new friends, new toys, new pets) and indulging in his inane baby antics and ramblings, while protecting him?
It all makes more sense that way, and reads allot easier.
Well, aren't all men truly babies? And can only function when a strong women gives them advice and guides/leads them through life?? Without a strong women, we're all just a bunch of blabbering idiots. Even the feared Boba Fett apparently.

After all.. "Behind every great man is a great woman (whispering in his ear)"...

:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Let's face it, we are utterly useless and just muck everything up..... Girls Rule, Boys Drool...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

One of the new things I hated early on with the PT was taking Vader's first name and making it a title.

That took a long time to get used to. And I held a grudge against Darth Maul for it.
Whoa that’s old school but I get it. TPM was my first SW film in theaters and I remember imagining that Anakin was like Luke in the sense he wanted to save his friends and confront the Emperor. Instead of laying down his life like Luke when he realizes he’s outmatched or can’t strike the Sith down in anger, he ultimately chooses self preservation and bows before Palpatine. Then he spends an entire movie as Vader the enforcer and his duel with Kenobi would be more heart breaking because Anakin is more Vader now despite his original intentions to save the Jedi and galaxy.

And if they wanted Boba Fett to have a life change, then establish a clear delineation between his OT persona and his new ongoing persona. It's that simple! Acknowledge the OT Fett by making it clear that who he *was* is dramatically different than who he now *is* post-Sarlacc. Instead, the OT Fett traits and context, which had been abundantly obvious for decades, are ignored as if it's essentially the same guy.

It's downright laughable to think of a guy wearing Wookiee-scalp trophies and disintegrating targets being a mostly kindhearted, but conflicted man who does things like apologize for an unintentional "keep an eye out" pun. :slap
******* exactly. He's not the same character and they're ignoring the fact, seemingly hoping we won't notice while they forge onwards with this new vision of him. Just, WTF.

:lol

I watched the third episode yesterday and wanted to share my thoughts, but then I just couldn't be bothered... :lol
However...
I'll say this: it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. If I completely erase the OT from my mind, then I can understand this Boba Fett. The way the character is written and is portrayed is pretty consistent from episode to episode, and he's not an unlikeable character. The bad news is that the character has pretty much zero to do with the one we knew from the OT, so...
The Mod Squad, however, is utter and complete garbage. Every scene they were in was ruined. Which ruined about 70% of the episode. And I'm guessing they will be heavily featured in the next episodes, so we really have a lot of fun to look forward to. Ugh.
He may be likeable there seems to be a pause with raised eyebrows every time Boba speaks sans helmet, and I keep wondering if Boba 1)knows where he is; or 2)spends so much time in the aquarium he has swimmer's ear and needs some drops from the local drugstore. E.g. maybe he can't really hear what anyone is saying and needs a minute to think about it.

I've given this show three weeks... I just don't think I can do it anymore.

A bit of background... I am a fanatical Boba Fett fan and have been since I was 6 and my older brother gave me his Kenner Boba and a 12" Fett missing an arm and a leg (still have them). I was hooked on the mystery and "Man With No Name" aura of the character. In the early to mid-ninties, I was obsessed with the comics, the novels, anything Fett. I dreamed of the day I could see him in action on the screen again.

Then Attack of the Clones happened. I was disappointed with Lucas' choice to make Boba a clone (something that would come back to haunt the franchise 20 years later it seems). The whole franchise kind of lost its lustre after the PT and I walked away.

Fast forward to The Mandalorian. The show had me hooked. It was everything I wanted to see Boba doing and more. I love the show, warts and all. Din Djarin (sans Grogu) is what I envisioned Fett to be all those years. Cue Season Two and the long awaited reappearance of the original Mandalorian! The episode wasn't great from a plot or directing point of view (we'll get back to this), but Boba was back! I actually enjoy his look in this, I can certainly find commonality in the dad bod. But we're back to pigeonholing him as a clone of an actor that is now way older than the character and it kind of shows. But it was okay! I liked the updated look, I like his code of honor, I loved seeing Slave I in action, life is great!

Book of Boba Fett is teased in the finale and I'm over the moon. A year of waiting for something I've been hoping for since I was a child is coming true, I just have to wait a year!

December 29th, first episode. What. The. Hell. That was bad. The plot was bad and rushed, the dialogue was poor, the scenes and action were poorly shot.

We finally received an answer that we have been waiting to see for over 30 years and it's just kinda glossed over. We see him emerge somehow from the Sarlaac by... digging out 20 feet from the maw? What? The digestive juices are so strong that his armor is badly damaged, the paint has been stripped, the visor has melted but uhh... his flightsuit us basically fine save for being bleached and a couple holes in it. This dude has been partially digested, he's dying of dehydration and yet somehow 24 hours later he's conscious, not in absolute agony and not only tries to make an escape but spars with Tusken Raiders...

Bad writing. Bad directing. Bad action. Bad plot. It has Robert Rodriguez's fingerprints all over it. Who in their right mind thought that the guy who created Spy Kids and Machete was fit to direct a Star Wars episode, let alone an entire series. Wha..What...

I write off the first episode as just setting the pace (poorly). Second episode comes out a week later and it's markedly better than the first. Granted, it's still not great but it begins to set up a large picture featuring not only the Hutts and Pike Syndicate, but a really bad ass character in Black Krrsantan. The continuing Saga of Dances With Tuskens is still mind numbingly bad, especially with the Boba of Arabia plot, but the current setting seems much better...

... and then it all went in the trash the next episode. The threat of the Hutts? Gone! Oh, but here's a plot device in the visage of a Rancor which is now apparently a big dog? Black Krrsantan? Defeated! By a bunch of intergalactic teenage Mods who simultaneously are poor and yet have fancy space vespas which look like something out of Spy Kids more than Star Wars. Boba Fett's Swiss Knife armor that can easily punch through a blast door, catch a Land Speeder doing what? 20 miles an hour? All useless. This supposed warrior gets beat to hell by the Wookiee, shows no actual prowess and has to be rescued by rejects from Cowboy Beebop. Oh, but now we get to look forward to him riding a friggin Rancor 🤦‍♂️

I'm sorry for the rant. I just... I've been looking forward to this moment for so long but instead of feeling excited, I feel like I got punched in the gut. It's bad. It's really bad.

The thing that kills me is that they have so much old source material to pull from, both the EU novels and Dark Horse comics that they pick and choose to use and a LOT of it features Boba Fett himself and yet... they give us this. They could have easily and successfully grabbed source from something like Twin Engines of Destruction but this is what we get... Jesus Christ.

Only way to save this would be to have Empire Strikes Back Boba return from kicking ace in another mission across the galaxy, reveal Return of the Jedi Boba to be an imposter who took his place while he was gone, disintegrate him, then roll credits.

I just love that the speeders encountered not one, not two, not three, but FOUR hapless droids trying to cross the street. And not one of them suffered such a fate as the droid that got decapitated on Corellia. No they were all just throwing their hands in the air, shouting, and falling over comically.

It's like they took equal inspiration from Spy Kids, BTTF 2, and The Apple Dumpling Gang. The only thing missing was one of the speeders being run off the road and flying through the air into a pond, lol.
Please do not disparage The Apple Dumpling Gang this way... :)

I was just on YouTube and the lengths some of these Lucasfilm devotees are going to to explain why the Wookiee had no weapons/was able to sneak in easily is astounding. It would take 30 seconds of screen time to show him getting in there. Maybe show him leaving his blaster behind while he climbed up the side of the palace. There’s no glue between these scenes we just jump to what I presume the director thinks is the next cool shot.

A bit of background... I am a fanatical Boba Fett fan and have been since I was 6 and my older brother gave me his Kenner Boba and a 12" Fett missing an arm and a leg (still have them). I was hooked on the mystery and "Man With No Name" aura of the character. In the early to mid-ninties, I was obsessed with the comics, the novels, anything Fett. I dreamed of the day I could see him in action on the screen again.

Then Attack of the Clones happened. I was disappointed with Lucas' choice to make Boba a clone (something that would come back to haunt the franchise 20 years later it seems). The whole franchise kind of lost its lustre after the PT and I walked away.

Fast forward to The Mandalorian. The show had me hooked. It was everything I wanted to see Boba doing and more. I love the show, warts and all. Din Djarin (sans Grogu) is what I envisioned Fett to be all those years. Cue Season Two and the long awaited reappearance of the original Mandalorian! The episode wasn't great from a plot or directing point of view (we'll get back to this), but Boba was back! I actually enjoy his look in this, I can certainly find commonality in the dad bod. But we're back to pigeonholing him as a clone of an actor that is now way older than the character and it kind of shows. But it was okay! I liked the updated look, I like his code of honor, I loved seeing Slave I in action, life is great!

Book of Boba Fett is teased in the finale and I'm over the moon. A year of waiting for something I've been hoping for since I was a child is coming true, I just have to wait a year!

December 29th, first episode. What. The. Hell. That was bad. The plot was bad and rushed, the dialogue was poor, the scenes and action were poorly shot.

We finally received an answer that we have been waiting to see for over 30 years and it's just kinda glossed over. We see him emerge somehow from the Sarlaac by... digging out 20 feet from the maw? What? The digestive juices are so strong that his armor is badly damaged, the paint has been stripped, the visor has melted but uhh... his flightsuit us basically fine save for being bleached and a couple holes in it. This dude has been partially digested, he's dying of dehydration and yet somehow 24 hours later he's conscious, not in absolute agony and not only tries to make an escape but spars with Tusken Raiders...

Bad writing. Bad directing. Bad action. Bad plot. It has Robert Rodriguez's fingerprints all over it. Who in their right mind thought that the guy who created Spy Kids and Machete was fit to direct a Star Wars episode, let alone an entire series. Wha..What...

I write off the first episode as just setting the pace (poorly). Second episode comes out a week later and it's markedly better than the first. Granted, it's still not great but it begins to set up a large picture featuring not only the Hutts and Pike Syndicate, but a really bad ass character in Black Krrsantan. The continuing Saga of Dances With Tuskens is still mind numbingly bad, especially with the Boba of Arabia plot, but the current setting seems much better...

... and then it all went in the trash the next episode. The threat of the Hutts? Gone! Oh, but here's a plot device in the visage of a Rancor which is now apparently a big dog? Black Krrsantan? Defeated! By a bunch of intergalactic teenage Mods who simultaneously are poor and yet have fancy space vespas which look like something out of Spy Kids more than Star Wars. Boba Fett's Swiss Knife armor that can easily punch through a blast door, catch a Land Speeder doing what? 20 miles an hour? All useless. This supposed warrior gets beat to hell by the Wookiee, shows no actual prowess and has to be rescued by rejects from Cowboy Beebop. Oh, but now we get to look forward to him riding a friggin Rancor 🤦‍♂️

I'm sorry for the rant. I just... I've been looking forward to this moment for so long but instead of feeling excited, I feel like I got punched in the gut. It's bad. It's really bad.

The thing that kills me is that they have so much old source material to pull from, both the EU novels and Dark Horse comics that they pick and choose to use and a LOT of it features Boba Fett himself and yet... they give us this. They could have easily and successfully grabbed source from something like Twin Engines of Destruction but this is what we get... Jesus Christ.
I feel like you and I need to hug. This is a great post and recap of the build up and ultimate let down of the show. Fett is my favorite too and I'm holding out hope that something positive comes out of this series...but I'm not holding my breath!

I feel like you and I need to hug. This is a great post and recap of the build up and ultimate let down of the show. Fett is my favorite too and I'm holding out hope that something positive comes out of this series...but I'm not holding my breath!
Feels bad, man... feels bad.

I'm hoping something good comes of it and I have at least a little faith that the Bryce Dallas-Howard and Dave Filoni episodes will be better than Rodriguez's trash, but I still cannot believe that this plot was allowed to leave the storyboard let alone make it past post production...

******* exactly. He's not the same character and they're ignoring the fact, seemingly hoping we won't notice while they forge onwards with this new vision of him. Just, WTF.
Yeah, you had a great post awhile back recognizing the absolute disconnect not only from his OT self but rather the *the most recent prior scene* of his which was him walking into Jabba's palace and wordlessly blowing away a welcoming Bib Fortuna in cold blood. The complete 180 is just hilariously bizarre.

Now he feels bad if Fennec just makes a verbal *implication* of violence, lol.

Last edited:
Feels bad, man... feels bad.

I'm hoping something good comes of it and I have at least a little faith that the Bryce Dallas-Howard and Dave Filoni episodes will be better than Rodriguez's trash, but I still cannot believe that this plot was allowed to leave the storyboard let alone make it past post production...

Yep agree.

The rest of the episodes are directed by:
4: Bryce Dallas Howard
5: Kevin Tancharoen (worked on AoS amongst others, nothing remotely exciting)
6: Dave Filoni
7: RR again sob

Jon Favreau wrote every episode apparently. He’s spreading very thin at this point. His supposed in development list (imdb is always a bit dodgy with this).

Attachments

• 4E1281E8-3A49-4297-AF06-2134B5AB392D.png
    4E1281E8-3A49-4297-AF06-2134B5AB392D.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 24

My own childhood and interest in the character so closely mirrors this, right down to playing with the original Large Size Kenner figure in 1979. The only thing I would add was also pouring over the awesome drawings of Fett and Slave I in Joe Johnston's ESB sketchbook for hours on end.

I'm completely with you and darth dennis on how much you love this character and how exciting it was to see him truly kick ass (in the one episode at least) last year and how exciting it was to imagine that style of storytelling continuing in his own show.

Episodes 1 and 2 were quite blindsiding and frustrating but here's where I differ from you guys: The show is now SO mindbogglingly absurd (and bad) that it has somehow transcended the fact that it's doing a terrible job of connecting to the Fett that we know and love to such a degree that it has somehow become *awesome*. :lol

I think if it was "almost" good or 50% good but they screwed up Boba himself then that would be very frustrating but this, this is so spectacularly bonkers that it no longer actually bothers me at all and I hope they just stay the course at this point and get crazier and crazier with each new episode, lol.

Last edited:
Back