The Batman - Part II (October 3rd, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read Knightfall when it first came out. The writing, art and portrayal of Batman is amazing.

The opening prison break is so well done, Batman having to go after all the escapees.

I remember one line when one of Bane's men is squeezing him:

'A wet snap at my side. Has to be a rib.'
View attachment 640496
Yeah knightfall is one of my first comic memories, especially that first one where joker and everyone gets free as you say. People forget/don't know that bane is incredibly intelligent and a strategist, he's one of the few people to figure out who batman is, that's why I don't like the overly hulk-like depictions, he's more than just a guy on juice lol

I’m sure if Clayface is the villain in the sequel it won’t be the morphing version that’s widely known. It’ll probably be like the original comic version of the character where he’s a washed up actor who goes crazy and dresses up as a character.

I should have said he dresses up as character he once played in a film. That’s the basic gist of it.

He was an actor who played the role of a villain called Clayface and kills people in the same fashion as they died in the film from which the Clayface character originates.

Actually it would be a fairly good idea for a storyline in my opinion.

I should have said he dresses up as character he once played in a film. That’s the basic gist of it.

He was an actor who played the role of a villain called Clayface and kills people in the same fashion as they died in the film from which the Clayface character originates.

Actually it would be a fairly good idea for a storyline in my opinion.
I’d be up for that, a new live action Batman villain that’s taken a more realistic approach.. maybe some sort of serial killer that’s hides his face in mud

My only issue with it is are all the villains in this universe just going to be themed serial killers? That’s essentially what the Riddler was too.

Obviously if we get Clayface and he’s portrayed in that manner his motivation would be different but still kind of along the same lines.

I actually prefer it be similar to how they did BTAS origins for clayface where he kept using a specific chemical that allowed him to change his appearance only to get worse and then ultimately destroys his body making him the clay face we know. I think you can get away with doing fantastical characters in a real world setting after all it's all based on comics and we have already got a grounded Batman in Nolan's trilogy so here being grounded to a degree but keeping the spirit of the comics would be nice. Plus we never see these type of villains in film before, a proper clayface, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, and Bane would work will if reeves knows how to bring them to life.

Clayface is just the T-1000. That whole morphing thing is so old.

I hope the guys writing this come up with better ideas for a "clay-face".
He doesn't stay in one form however. He is that monster made of clay and tries to drown people in his body which is something we don't see a T-1000 do. Lol

I actually prefer it be similar to how they did BTAS origins for clayface where he kept using a specific chemical that allowed him to change his appearance only to get worse and then ultimately destroys his body making him the clay face we know. I think you can get away with doing fantastical characters in a real world setting after all it's all based on comics and we have already got a grounded Batman in Nolan's trilogy so here being grounded to a degree but keeping the spirit of the comics would be nice. Plus we never see these type of villains in film before, a proper clayface, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, and Bane would work will if reeves knows how to bring them to life.
I don’t think there’s a chance that we would get the morphing style Clayface in this universe. He’s actually one of my favorite characters but way too over the top for the Pattinson/Reeves version of the Batman universe.

I don’t think there’s a chance that we would get the morphing style Clayface in this universe. He’s actually one of my favorite characters but way too over the top for the Pattinson/Reeves version of the Batman universe.
That would suck but if they can pull of the character in reeves world I'll be very interested in seeing what's done. I feel if we keep it grounded instead of Clayface characters like Professor Pyg, Mad Hater, Scarecrow would work best.

In Kurt Vonnegut’s novel “Cat’s Cradle” there is a scientist who invents a substance called Ice-9 that instantly freezes anything and anyone on contact, and cannot be contained. I always thought that could be an inspiration for a more grounded take on Mr. Freeze.

Clayface could be interesting but I'd have preferred Mr Freeze.
See but again though on the surface Mr. Freeze sounds cool, but when you put him in a grounded universe.. eh.

I mean if they went with him the name Mr. Freeze would probably be some allegory for him being cold blooded. Maybe they would have him be sort of a knock-off of the Ice Truck Killer from Dexter.

Not saying he can’t work but I think what makes a character like that interesting- the suit with the dome, the freeze gun, etc. kind of gets bogged down by having to be in a grounded universe.

As much as I liked The Batman that’s a definite complaint I have. I’d like to see a more fantastical comic version. Hopefully that’s what we’re getting from Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

I’m sure if Clayface is the villain in the sequel it won’t be the morphing version that’s widely known. It’ll probably be like the original comic version of the character where he’s a washed up actor who goes crazy and dresses up as a character.
So...Mrs Doubtfire. Goes ape **** and Batman has to take her/him out.

I honestly don't like the whole grounded take again it's fine if they find a middle ground to me it's like what some of the lee bermejo comics do or even how he depicts Batman's Rogues. I think it's possible to have some fantastical villains if done right.

So...Mrs Doubtfire. Goes ape **** and Batman has to take her/him out.
Not really. Again the original comic version of Clayface is a washed up actor who gets revenge on people starring in a new film that’s a remake of one that he starred in. The original film had him playing a villainous character called Clayface and he kills people in the same fashion as the character.

I honestly don't like the whole grounded take again it's fine if they find a middle ground to me it's like what some of the lee bermejo comics do or even how he depicts Batman's Rogues. I think it's possible to have some fantastical villains if done right.
Yeah I dunno. I liked The Batman a lot it’s just I’m personally kind of over the idea of grounding Batman in reality. You can still do a darker take on the character and keep it more comic book style.

Back