The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like the argument that just because Marvel is part of Disney the violence or tone of of the movie will be kid friendly. I'll give you the example of Wreck-It Ralph. The end of the movie you have the villain holding Ralph and telling him "let's watch your friend die" the villain is forcing him to watch the death of someone he cares about. Someone else in another thread brought up that one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies has kids being hanged. Disney and Marvel Studios care about telling a good story, if the story needs to show violence it will show violence

Thats true, and when I think about there is enough violence there to satisfy everyone, I don’t think it’s as mature as the action in FOX’s X-Men films but it certainly gets the job done. I think my issue with Marvel is the acting, they hire great actors but don’t really utilize their talents. I think Ben Kingsley has given the best performance in a MCU film so far, unfortunately he was playing the most disappointing villain Marvel has given us so far.

Yea, I think Marvel would be smart to keep him.

Agreed. :duff

You preferred The Wolverine to X2, FC, and DOFP? :horror

No, like I said...I liked all the X-films. :lol

I just really like The Wolverine because he's one of my favorite characters and I felt he was finally done justice in that movie. Your mileage may vary. :lol

I don't like the argument that just because Marvel is part of Disney the violence or tone of of the movie will be kid friendly. I'll give you the example of Wreck-It Ralph. The end of the movie you have the villain holding Ralph and telling him "let's watch your friend die" the villain is forcing him to watch the death of someone he cares about. Someone else in another thread brought up that one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies has kids being hanged. Disney and Marvel Studios care about telling a good story, if the story needs to show violence it will show violence

:goodpost: :exactly: I agree wholeheartedly

Well they can always do a Marvel Knight and have R rated films later. I don't think Jackman would be recasted and the X films can easily fit in with MCU. It's a difference of heroes and mutants. And I'm sure there is a way they can connect the one thing separating them; the twins.

Keep in mind also that Disney uses adult content through jokes, references, and subliminal. I don't see it being a problem tbh.

Well they can always do a Marvel Knight and have R rated films later. I don't think Jackman would be recasted and the X films can easily fit in with MCU. It's a difference of heroes and mutants. And I'm sure there is a way they can connect the one thing separating them; the twins.

Keep in mind also that Disney uses adult content through jokes, references, and subliminal. I don't see it being a problem tbh.

That's what makes Marvel's movies so funny! :lol

Lol i wanna see a marvel studious punisher movie with musuc by by the woman who sang let it go on frozen. I cant spell her name right haha.

Star-Lord said that if you turned on a blacklight inside his ship it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. The claim that Disney has nothing but sanitized subject matter in its films compared to other studios is SO behind the times. CA:TFA is still probably the bloodiest of all PG-13 superhero movies.

There are rare moments of adult humor but for the most part their films are aimed at families.

And no, TFA is definitely not the bloodiest of the superhero bunch, it does have that one scene but X-Men FC, X2, and DOFP are definitely the most violent/goriest of the PG13 Marvel movies.

Last edited:
I said bloodiest. And none of those X-films hold a candle to TFA. I can't even remember any blood in those movies other than Mystique shooting Magneto through the neck.

Maybe we're both just bias fanboys haha but I'm almost sure every good X-men film has been much bloodier, gorier and violent.

DOFP had Jackman getting impaled with metal by Magneto.

The Wolverine when he was on the surgery table.

X2 Wolverine weapon X flashback.

First Class Magneto moves the coin through Shaw's skull.

DOFP Wolverine slicing Kitty and she starts bleeding.

It's not like being the most bloody movie enhances these the overall quality of these films.

And I had excluded both Cap films from my argument anyway so I don't even no why we're having this debate.

People still talking about violence in disney? Disney movies themselves are some of the most violent animated movies ever. In Tarzan the bad guy gets hung from a vine, in hunchback a girl was about to be burned at the stake, in Bambi the mother was shot, in lion king scar was eaten alive by hyenas in Mulan a little girl and her village were killed and just recently in big hero six the brother burns to death in an explosion . Disney is freaking violent with the animated features it puts out so its marvel movies are tame haha. Not to mention disney kills the parents in every movie.

BULL--- PURE BULL------- sony is so FULL OF BULL!!!!!!!!!!!

James Bond? can you imagine every movie having the same villains over and over and over and over??? and over and over?

this is ridiculous. they won't last 10 years without another Spiderman origin story. Specially if they make a movie with Peter being a grown up and people don't accept it.

the moment the movie flops they will go Right back to high school all over again.

I hope they DO reboot it again. In fact, some of these emails are a few months old, that reboot could already be on its planning stages.

I want see Spiderman back to Marvel. Another reboot would hit yet another low blow to Sony and their Spidey franchise to the point where I hope Disney would make an offer to get the rights back. I don't wanna see any compromises, either bring Spiderman back fully or let the franchise crash and burn on the hands of Sony.

ibiVItU.jpg

:monkey3

I would cry if that was legit XD . Lol but yea Sony relied to much in arad and that dude is an idiot. He really had faith but the movie backfired and now marvel is the only option people don't want another reboot. Marvel would reboot spiderman but it wouldn't be an origin story.

Back