The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolverine is great where he’s at, and Hugh pretty much owns the role right now. Besides I think Wolverine at Marvel would probably never get a chance to use his claws.

Wolverine is priority X :lecture

:lol :rock

Wolverine is great where he’s at, and Hugh pretty much owns the role right now. Besides I think Wolverine at Marvel would probably never get a chance to use his claws.

I disagree, I think he'd use his claws just as much with Marvel as he does now.

Right because Iron Man never used his repulsors, Cap never uses his shield, Thor never uses his hammer, and Loki didn't stab Coulson straight through his body showing a bloody spearhead. Wolverine would never be allowed to use his claws in the MCU.

Sorry, can’t see Marvel doing anything like this with the character

And if they did, they’ll probably reveal it was a sentient combo dummy or something

Groot stabs about five people and slams them back and forth. Ronan breaks the guys neck and they show it. Why do you think MCU would not show Wolverine stabbing a bad guy?

Groot stabs about five people and slams them back and forth. Ronan breaks the guys neck and they show it. Why do you think MCU would not show Wolverine stabbing a bad guy?

Other then the Cap films, there hasn’t been many real violent intense action scenes from their films. Even the Loki scene you described, you really don’t see anything happen to Coulson other then hear the stabbing and Loki walking away with a tad bit of blood on the spear.

Also why would anyone want Marvel to strip Hugh from playing Wolverine especially after DOFP?

Last edited:
Because someone is in denial?

Not at all, scenes like this would never happen in a MCU film

Wolverine is currently fine at Fox, maybe once Hugh can’t play him anymore Marvel can have him back.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't just hear Loki stab Coulson. You see the spear go through him and it having blood. You also see Loki stab Thor both in Avengers and TDW. Guardians of the Galaxy had Rocket say things like "holy **** that's the best thing I've heard all day." And you see Star-Lord giving the middle finger. It wasn't blurred like it was in the trailer. In Iron Man you see Stark be torture by the ten rings group. In all three Iron Man movies you see a scene or two of Tony Stark being a drunk.

I don't see anyone saying that they want Hugh to stop being Wolvie.

The Mouse knows a winner when they see one and I doubt Hugh would turn down a hefty Disney paycheck.

I think they would want to reboot it instead of carry on from where Fox left off similar to the Sony situation with Spiderman.

I still prefer the FoX-Men movies to anything Marvel has produced so far but I wouldn’t be totally against X-Men going back to Marvel, I know we would at least get an X-Men movie that actually focused on Cyclops and the main team.

You don't just hear Loki stab Coulson. You see the spear go through him and it having blood. You also see Loki stab Thor both in Avengers and TDW. Guardians of the Galaxy had Rocket say things like "holy **** that's the best thing I've heard all day." And you see Star-Lord giving the middle finger. It wasn't blurred like it was in the trailer. In Iron Man you see Stark be torture by the ten rings group. In all three Iron Man movies you see a scene or two of Tony Stark being a drunk.

Really? I remember Loki standing behind him but minus the spear.

After Iron Man 1, I guess due to Disney buying Marvel, none of the action feels very mature outside of the Cap films. Even when someone dies, most of the time theres a joke or 2 that follow right after. Thats why I found TWS action to be refreshing, I hope they stick with that tone for future films in the universe.

Please don't post videos with foul language, pturtle.

Sorry about that :duff

I figured since it was in context with the debate it would have been allowed :lol

I think they would want to reboot it instead of carry on from where Fox left off similar to the Sony situation with Spiderman.

I actually see Marvel keeping Jackman as Wolverine as a big middle finger to Fox. :lol

I still prefer the FoX-Men movies to anything Marvel has produced so far but I wouldn’t be totally against X-Men going back to Marvel, I know we would at least get an X-Men movie that actually focused on Cyclops and the main team.

While I enjoyed each of the X-films & especially The Wolverine, I think Marvel would do a much better job than Fox. JMO of course.

Yea, I think Marvel would be smart to keep him.

You preferred The Wolverine to X2, FC, and DOFP? :horror

I don't like the argument that just because Marvel is part of Disney the violence or tone of of the movie will be kid friendly. I'll give you the example of Wreck-It Ralph. The end of the movie you have the villain holding Ralph and telling him "let's watch your friend die" the villain is forcing him to watch the death of someone he cares about. Someone else in another thread brought up that one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies has kids being hanged. Disney and Marvel Studios care about telling a good story, if the story needs to show violence it will show violence

Back