The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) [SPOILERS FOR ASM]

Guy Pierce would be actually good.

Brian K as well.
guy_pearce-460x307.jpg

his portrait pretty much rivals that of dafoe's. i think he ca pull it off, seriously.

*then we can really connect osborn and weyland for real. lolz

Critics didn't seem to have a problem with it back in the day.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman/

:lol

But don't you guys always say "____ the critics" anyway? Bring on Defoe Gobby!

I really enjoyed seeing Defoe as Norman Osborn. While his Goblin costume may have lacked in some areas, his portrayal of Norman was spot on, IMO.

I never really thought of Cranston before, but I like the comparison. He's certainly got the acting chops to pull it off as well. I wouldn't mind him in the slightest.

I never really thought of Cranston before, but I like the comparison. He's certainly got the acting chops to pull it off as well. I wouldn't mind him in the slightest.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhPeAekdnfk&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMEq1mGpP5A[/ame]

It doesn't matter what he looks like, it's whether he can pull off the intelligence, the menace and the insanity of Norman. Cranston would be wonderful, as would a host of other actors; many of whom have been mentioned here.

But I don't even want to contemplate how heart-crushing the death of an Emma Stone Gwen Stacy would be. I'd love to see them go there and then pull back, but without making it cheesy.

It doesn't matter what he looks like, it's whether he can pull off the intelligence, the menace and the insanity of Norman. Cranston would be wonderful, as would a host of other actors; many of whom have been mentioned here.

But I don't even want to contemplate how heart-crushing the death of an Emma Stone Gwen Stacy would be. I'd love to see them go there and then pull back, but without making it cheesy.

I agree about the looks, but it certainly can't hurt things. I think Cranston has the acting portfolio to pull it off, but so do a whole slew of actors as you said. At this point, it's all speculation. As long as they keep the same casting director and team, I trust their decisions.

As for Gwen, in many ways, I think the series should go there without 'pulling back.' It's something Spider-Man has yet to encounter on the big screen and would certainly set this vision apart from many superhero films (the Raimi's trilogy, at the very least.)

But what if the damsel in distress can't be saved? And what if the good guy doesn't win for once? It would gut-wrenching no doubt, but Spider-Man lore isn't all 'sunshine and rainbows.' I think there's more tragedy to be told other than Uncle Ben's death. The death of Gwen Stacy is arguably one of the most defining milestones in Peter Parker's life. To end this new trilogy with Peter discovering that MJ is actually 'that girl' would be a great silver lining to arguably one of darkest times in his life. I can definitely appreciate your point and could see it going either way. But as things fall into place the way they are, I think Webb has all of the makings to tastefully pull it off, yet appeal to the masses.

:lecture

I want to hear the snap and watch angry Peter whoop Norm's ass.

He should get split in half with his Glider in the next one.

Back