The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I basically carved up the head of a Art S. Buck figure with an exacto knife. Then, I used sculpey for the inner mouth and tongue. The teeth are actually carved from the plastic of the head.

Here's a pic of Dr. Tongue when I just started painting it. You can see what I did to the face a little better...
IMG_2012.jpg

Last edited:
Well sir, fantastic work! I would have never guessed that was a buck... can't wait to see more of you work :rock

Since we are talking about zombies. You need to read the new Zombie series from Marvel. It is not the Superhero zombies but was a good read with a great nod to the old Tales of the Zombies series from the seventies. Just got the TPB off ebay.

Saw this thread for the first time a few minutes ago and I must say I feel somewhat, INSPIRED!!! In the sickest way possible of course. Awesome zombies guys!!!

Are the Zombie portraits modeled after Sideshow employees as well? I knew the Rebel Commando set was...
And if so... who?

ragacin said:
Are the Zombie portraits modeled after Sideshow employees as well? I knew the Rebel Commando set was...
And if so... who?

Not sure who PZ is but it is generally accepted that the Security Guard is Oluf and the Doctor is someone from the graphics department (his name escapes me). Obviously the spokeman is ol' whats his nuts. :monkey3

Kenin your stuff is great! I especially love Doc tongue!! Sick!

I went through my extra parts last night and found a couple of heads I'd only used for neck posts so I bashed them together and sculpted some gore. End result:

zombie3.jpg

zombie1.jpg

I'm still not sure if I want him to pupils or not.

pixletwin said:
Not sure who PZ is but it is generally accepted that the Security Guard is Oluf and the Doctor is someone from the graphics department (his name escapes me). Obviously the spokeman is ol' whats his nuts. :monkey3

Brain Dooley said Patient Zero was based on himself.

KeninMI said:
I recently put a new suit on the the good doctor. Dr. Tongue is now accepting new patients...for him to chew on!
IMG_2413.jpg

Next up is what I've done so far on my version of the Airport Zombie from Dawn of the Dead...

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

These kook awesome! I like these pics! What are you using for the blood on Dr. Tongue???

Last edited:
Let me just start out by saying I LOVE THIS THREAD.

I've made quite a few custom zombies over the years. Here's a few of the older ones.

Zzom2.jpg

Zzom1.jpg

aazom4.jpg

aazom1.jpg

Here's a set I made based off of SS's Dead series...

Zom Cruise & a female prostitute friend I call "Patient 69"...

customdead.jpg

I apologize for the crappy pics. I have some better quality pics but they may not be allowed (as it shows part of an exposed zombie boob)

I don't own any of Sideshow's Dead, but I'd love to get them all eventually, they are just a bit too high for me (as I'd customize them all anyway rather than collect them). I do have plans for another set of male & female Sideshow zombies.

I'm interested to see where this line ultimately goes. At this point we're getting 2 figures a year (one at SDCC and one at Spooktacular) possibly but its insanely popular.....I'm wondering if SSC will crank up production on these.

Whoa dude! What the **** is that!!! That is ****ing sick, I like it :rock

I have a feeling we will never see a production figure anywhere near that gruesome :rock You are one f'd up dude :lol

galactiboy said:
Whoa dude! What the **** is that!!! That is ****ing sick, I like it :rock

I have a feeling we will never see a production figure anywhere near that gruesome :rock You are one f'd up dude :lol

:devil:devil:devil:devil

Thanks man... I even put bubble wrap in the head so it's even more gross, and SQUISHY....:lol

Oh is that what the nasty looking bit in his mouth is? Very creative and effective? So are you now out of red paint :lol

DSCN2918.jpg

Back