The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question about Kyuuketsuki portable guys, if anyone was kind enough to answer....

I just got mine a few hours ago and I LOVED him 100% but It kind of stroke me that the feet were kinda loose, it has these little notches on the bottom of the ankle and on the top of the foot where you pop in the actual joint and if I make any crazy moves the foot will just pop out, my question is, is that normal? Do you figures also pop out the joints if moved fast?

It's not like un-posable or anything, I just want to know if that's normal.

The short answer is YES. Due to the size of these figures and the small barbel joints, they do pop out once in a while if the figure falls or if you try extreme poses.

Given we haven't seen Dredd yet I'd be surprised… but then again it wouldn't be the first time we end up seeing the prototype like two days before pre-order.

Maybe some will regret not getting a 2013 3AA membership after all... . From the blog:
MARVEL COMICS

crafted by admin on February 22nd, 2013
ThreeA is proud to announce it’s collaboration with Marvel Comics. That’s right! The house of ideas that is Marvel Comics and ThreeA, are putting their combined talents together to bring you one epic line of 1/6 figures.

The line will consist of classic Marvel characters re-imagined by artist Ashley Wood in the ThreeA style. All the Marvel goodness that you already know and love, with an extra added twist. Releases will start in 2013.
“To get the chance to play with Marvel Comics awesome characters is kinda mind blowing” – Ashey Wood

I know I love me some Ashley twisted Marvel characters. Very eager to see the first pictures!

Maybe some will regret not getting a 2013 3AA membership after all... . From the blog:
MARVEL COMICS

crafted by admin on February 22nd, 2013
ThreeA is proud to announce it’s collaboration with Marvel Comics. That’s right! The house of ideas that is Marvel Comics and ThreeA, are putting their combined talents together to bring you one epic line of 1/6 figures.

The line will consist of classic Marvel characters re-imagined by artist Ashley Wood in the ThreeA style. All the Marvel goodness that you already know and love, with an extra added twist. Releases will start in 2013.
“To get the chance to play with Marvel Comics awesome characters is kinda mind blowing” – Ashey Wood
I know I love me some Ashley twisted Marvel characters. Very eager to see the first pictures!

:fireworks

:yess: :panic: :bunnydanc :rock

Ashley Wood about this:
"well Ill say this, My Doc Doom is looking cool. shouldnt be saying anything, but this is the place right !"
"we want to do the spectrum from wolverine to Modok, that gives you an idea of the range. I feel very lucky to have this chance to play with Marvel stuff, pretty cool they are behind it too ! I have spoken to DC in the past but the seemed no that into it, not like Marvel!"

Confirming Iron Man:
"oh it does !"
"im a comic marvel guy, i dont care for movie version or naming systems !
I would love to make 25" galactus "

https://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=3188.msg591541#msg591541

Hopefully this will a good alternative to Hot Toys. A little healthy competition might do us all some good. Maybe some lower priced figures and more variety in the marketplace. The design probably won't be as realistic, but I hope they'll have as much visual appeal

Last edited:
Well at least now the Marvel and DC comics lines are both covered. SS with DC and 3A with Marvel. I would love a comic Doom.

Wow, this is really unexpected. TheeA is really going big with these licensees, I'm very impressed.

Doom will be so awesome. I hope they make Magneto as well.

Exciting big news!

Can't wait to see what develops out of it, although licenses just add to the time it takes 3A to get stuff out....

Can 3a handle that kinda of load? I feel they are stretched really thin with just the licenses they have not to mention their own lines.

What do you mean? They've been up and down releasing **** like crazy lately, after the MiM set they're gonna start dropping the mini grunts, and more stuff.

I can't wait to see what they can do with Wolverine.

What do you mean? They've been up and down releasing **** like crazy lately, after the MiM set they're gonna start dropping the mini grunts, and more stuff.

I can't wait to see what they can do with Wolverine.

With their own stuff (wwr, wwrp, AK, TK, etc), yeah. But with license product its impossible to tell where they are. metal gear solid, maschinen krieger, 2000AD, even gundam to just name a few licenses that have gotten very few releases.

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to see what 3a and ashley wood will make with the marvel universe. I just don't want to see this turn out to be 1 release a year kinda thing that they have been doing with other licenses.

It's not really 3A's fault that their license products release so far between though. A lot more time goes into making a licensed product, what with getting it okay'd, etc. from the licensee.

Back