The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The annoying thing is them complaining over the style the figures will be. It's the same as walking into a truck dealership and complaining to the staff because they were expecting cars to be there :cuckoo:

HAW!!!!! brilliant analogy!! I love 3A because of their uniqueness.. and I love AW's art, and it translates SO well on his figs!!

Looking VERY forward to the Marvel Line!

The annoying thing is them complaining over the style the figures will be. It's the same as walking into a truck dealership and complaining to the staff because they were expecting cars to be there :cuckoo:
:lol :goodpost:

That's right, you know Ash's style, don't like it? It's pretty retarded to irrationally complain about them for not being different to Ash's style.

And they're not even out yet, which is even more retarded.

Last edited:
tumblr_l43zzi7BQp1qz6vfao1_500.jpg

I mean, really?!?!? who DOESN'T want this!?!?

My only complaint with ThreeA is that they need to streamline a better shipping processs. I hate waiting on a figure because of six month delays. Here's hoping that it'll be faster when Metal Gear RAY, and their other figures come up for preorder.

My only complaint with ThreeA is that they need to streamline a better shipping processs. I hate waiting on a figure because of six month delays. Here's hoping that it'll be faster when Metal Gear RAY, and their other figures come up for preorder.

ThreeA seem about equal in delays to other companies.

Babydoll PF from Sdeshow is now almost 4 months overdue. Hot Toys delayed Babydoll, Jake Sully and Sam Flynn from 8 months to two years

Yeah ThreeA is pretty much exactly the same as Sideshow and Hot Toys in terms of PO to shipment times and the frequency and length of delays.

It seems to come with the territory on high end low production stuff like this.

Well, I was really referring to the efficiency of shipping out orders - and not production delays with pre-order announcements.

In that regard, Hot Toys is very fast in shipping out their figures to retailers, and it only takes a month for for a Hot Toys figure to reach state-side, after it's released in Asia. Sideshow also ships out their stuff in a timely manner when in stock.

Now, compare that to ThreeA, where folks in the UK and other regions have gotten their shipments of REX figures (retail ver.) since last October. But, nearly four months later in 2013, and there people who still haven't received their figures as yet. That kind of sporadic shipping is just unacceptable, in my opinion. ThreeA really has to improve on this, especially since they've acquired more third-party licenses (Marvel, Valve, MGS, Halo, etc).

Btw, I feel like this is deja vu. Were we discussing this in another thread somewhere else? :rotfl

Nothing "sells out' on Bambaland. Well occasionally stuff is put up that's already made in a set amount but generally everything is made to order.

Likely it's still up on Bambaland because someone forgot to take it down or just because for no actual reason. I don't think they have to make a minimum order size either. They have done very very limited runs in the past. I want to say as small as 20 pieces of some of the 1/6 bot colors.

Ash said he didn't expect mim to sell a lot. The set is over $500 after all...as for why it us still up, I dunno. They have been more generous in keeping sales up this year since the sets have been big and more expensive than they tend to be.

Edit: and it's done. sale over!

Last edited:
Now, compare that to ThreeA, where folks in the UK and other regions have gotten their shipments of REX figures (retail ver.) since last October. But, nearly four months later in 2013, and there people who still haven't received their figures as yet. That kind of sporadic shipping is just unacceptable, in my opinion. ThreeA really has to improve on this, especially since they've acquired more third-party licenses (Marvel, Valve, MGS, Halo, etc).

Btw, I feel like this is deja vu. Were we discussing this in another thread somewhere else? :rotfl

you mean this is the people who ordered the retail ver.?

because as far as I know, people who complain abot Rex's delay at 2013 are people who ordered bamba ver. not retail ver. and that's because bamba ver. just released at the end of jan-early feb as far as I remember

you mean this is the people who ordered the retail ver.?

because as far as I know, people who complain abot Rex's delay at 2013 are people who ordered bamba ver. not retail ver. and that's because bamba ver. just released at the end of jan-early feb as far as I remember

Yeah. Everyone who ordered the Bambaland version have gotten their figures already. But, no one in North America has received their retail versions as yet, because those of us who opted for the retail figure, are all waiting on Sideshow Collectibles to receive their stock from ThreeA so they can finally ship this thing out.

But, regardless of that, the shipping times have been sporadic and highly unacceptable across the board with ThreeA - where REX is concerned. They got their fill of insults on their own forum from frustrated MGS fans (several of the people there have even been banned by the mods), and I can only imagine how worse things will get with their Marvel lines - if they don't improve they way that they ship out their figures.

Last edited:
To be fair, that Rex piece was a large, custom-painted, complex figure with electronic and moving parts. Even a larger company would have to work out the logistics and planning carefully to get something like that out the door in quantity, moreso a smaller one like 3A. Not to mention, it's a licensed property.

Hot Toys doesn't have that sort of problem shipping out their Batmobiles. I wonder how ThreeA will be able to handle everything with all of the new licenses that they've acquired. I don't even want to think about the potential shipping delays...

Back