The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1/6 community in general is really negative about non-realistic stuff. It's very predictable and I expected it.

I don't really get the trolling. They don't like, don't buy.

There isn't even anything to hate on: no prototype, no design, no mention of what the first release is going to be (although Iron Man, Wolverine, and Dr. Doom appear to be in that mix somewhere), no history of 3A tackling a license like this.

It's annoying how everyone assumes the figs will look like Popbot, AK, or WWR humanoids too. We really don't know what Marvel will approve, much less what Ashley Wood is going to design for this 1/6 action figure. Let them show something at least before you pile on the hate.

I don't even know if I will like this or not, but I'm optimistic. Maybe it will be an epic fail, but right now we got no reason to assume that's going to happen.

It's odd, because everyone gets fussed up about the lack of "comic-style" action figs (versus the movie stuff HT does), and now we got some Marvel comics stuff that isn't Medicom and people get their panties in a bunch. Sigh.....

Here here. I am done fighting that fight though. Said my piece on OSW and I'm done.

The 1/6 community in general is really negative about non-realistic stuff. It's very predictable and I expected it.
I also cannot wait for the 3A/Marvel stuff myself.

It seems some people want the same generic, boring, emotionless head sculpts with their shiny Iron men.

I have sold nearly all my Hot Toys as they just don't seem special/original anymore, I have become bored by them.
I also hate how they reissue/upgrade there stuff, making what you have look ****!

I recently bought the Dam Toys Spade J (great figure) & also getting the Spade 2 when released.
These figures are like a breath of fresh air compared with HT's and Im expecting 3A's stuff will also be different and exciting unlike HTs monotonous lines!

Last edited:
I also cannot wait for the 3A/Marvel stuff myself.

It seems some people want the same generic, boring, emotionless head sculpts with their shiny Iron men.

I have sold nearly all my Hot Toys as they just don't seem special/original anymore, I have become bored by them.
I also hate how they reissue/upgrade there stuff, making what you have look ****!

I recently bought the Dam Toys Spade J (great figure) & also getting the Spade 2 when released.
These figures are like a breath of fresh air compared with HT's and Im expecting 3A's stuff will also be different and exciting unlike HTs monotonous lines!

My sentiments 100% exactly, generic is the word to describe most HT figures, great production values sure, but just zero soul, no feeling nor emotion, no personality.

That's why for me 3A is hands down the coolest toy company, followed closely by NECA.

^cause the sculpts is reuse many times with multiple releases

Well that really doesn't make them generic, case those subtle minimalist face sculpts have a **** ton of life to them, the reason they reuse the sculpts is cause they release the same figure with multiple colorways for people to choose, but every character has it's own different sculpt.

Plus, tomorrow kings are clones, so they're supposed to look the same.

3A to me is more like old school toys and more what action figures are supposed to be--toys to play with and enjoy. I have no problem messing around my 3A stuff and in fact, I handle the 3A stuff the most out of all my 1/6.

In comparison, I don't like to mess with my HT stuff at all. While I do change poses once in a while and appreciate that they are full of articulation (usually), I certainly wouldn't take them out of the detolf to play with them.

I would not label 3A heads generic. Only 3A uses them, after all. If you want to "go there", then look at HT whose heads are recast and copied like crazy. Considering that they specialize in celebrity likenesses, it's not really a fair comparison anyway. 3A does "designer toys". You might as well lump in KAWS, Dunnys, Mightly Mugs, Cosbaby and other vinyl statues based on that kind of loose definition of generic.

3A to me is more like old school toys and more what action figures are supposed to be--toys to play with and enjoy. I have no problem messing around my 3A stuff and in fact, I handle the 3A stuff the most out of all my 1/6.

In comparison, I don't like to mess with my HT stuff at all. While I do change poses once in a while and appreciate that they are full of articulation (usually), I certainly wouldn't take them out of the detolf to play with them.

I would not label 3A heads generic. Only 3A uses them, after all. If you want to "go there", then look at HT whose heads are recast and copied like crazy. Considering that they specialize in celebrity likenesses, it's not really a fair comparison anyway. 3A does "designer toys". You might as well lump in KAWS, Dunnys, Mightly Mugs, Cosbaby and other vinyl statues based on that kind of loose definition of generic.

:lecture :clap Yup, I can't stop posing my 3A, it's just so difficult to make them look awkward, they look good in any kind of pose.

And yeah, there's simply no calling 3A "generic" at all.

I get that some people don't like the 3A art style and/or the way they sell stuff. I didn't like it at first either.

I don't get the trolling though.

I saw the thread at OSW and got exited. Boy was I surprised when I went in, you could feel the tension in there! I thought 3A insulted somebody's mother going by all the things being said. lol. crazy.

Anyways, When I read the Marvel collab at the blog I didn't know what to think. I was more like, "This is pretty cool news". Then as I was thinking about the Bot Sniper that's coming out soon and the Blind Cowboy set I started to put Marvel and Wood's style together and then it hit me. HOLY FREAKING JESUS! AW is going to do a MARVEL line!.

I think it's great that he got the license. I cant wait to see how his style is going to affect the marvel characters. I do like vision he's given his toys so far. And seeing that vision translated to some iconic characters got me giddy. I can't wait to see the awesome photography battles this line will create too!!

I really don't know where all the hate is coming from, but then I'm not surprised. Hottoys has some of the most hyper-realistic face sculpts and likeness in general that makes my jaw drop (which is how I got introduced to this hobby!) and people still get on their case on how the likeness if off or the costume is WRONG!! OMGDZ!!...and even post pictures with the movie and toy version making red circles on how the gloves aren't supposed to be that long... fer christ sake people! lol

(gunm, I think ignoring those guys might be the best recourse at OSW lol)

So yeah, this is exiting news. And going by ThreeA figures that have been release, I'm hopeful and exited that they we'll actually get completely posable figures!!! As much as I love Hottoys and similar lines, They tend to lack movement. very stiff stuff.

The ThreeA world just keeps getting better and better. Good Stuff.

I'm not gonna get all hyped just yet, i've made that mistake with HT and still waiting after two years.

But what i like is that these figures will be 100% unique from all other figures of each character, there'll be no others that look like them. And they're more likely to make varied pieces that just iron man over and over, so that's VERY exciting.

It would be nice if they did these in 1/12 scale to further seperate the line from the 1/6 market. 3A's 1/12 Boba Fett was awesome! 3A's 1/12 stuff in general is awesome and affordable.

Yeah it seems like 1/12 is predicated on 1/6 success. So if the 1/6 figures do well we'll likely see 1/12 versions as well.

I'm not gonna get all hyped just yet, i've made that mistake with HT and still waiting after two years.

But what i like is that these figures will be 100% unique from all other figures of each character, there'll be no others that look like them. And they're more likely to make varied pieces that just iron man over and over, so that's VERY exciting.

Yeah agree, also they will never go back and upgrade the same piece which is a big plus in my book.

I can't think of a single reason why they should upgrade any of their figures design-wise.

Well I checked the Marvel thread and it's only 2 or 3 kids that are dumb enough to not grasp the possibilities of Ash's/marvel collab, I promise you they'll hate them despite how badass they are, it's just their nature.

Last edited:
Back