The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think 3A's gonna move away from doing things through retailers and just do distribution themselves. I recall them saying they dropped Sideshow as their US distributor. They have far less problems when they do things their own way by themselves.

I think 3A's gonna move away from doing things through retailers and just do distribution themselves. I recall them saying they dropped Sideshow as their US distributor. They have far less problems when they do things their own way by themselves.

I would be surprised if they dropped retailers as they do alot of trade through them, a while back they dropped EU retailers to go and use Sideshow as exclusive retailer for EU which basically messed up alot of business due to additional costs for the end customers

this has now be changed as of last year and EU Retailers are back in the game :yess:

Sure distribution isn't always great and been messed up previously, US membership packs for example, but I don;t think 3A will want to get bogged down in a distribution business as they want to focus of creating fun figures. :clap

Hot Toys doesn't have that sort of problem shipping out their Batmobiles. I wonder how ThreeA will be able to handle everything with all of the new licenses that they've acquired. I don't even want to think about the potential shipping delays...

The Tumbler? That was released a couple years ago and already designed and tooled before that. It wasn't as big a deal to re-release. However, the camo'd Rises version is still not released. The '89 Batmobile was previewed a while ago and is nowhere in sight. Same for the '69 Batmobile. It takes time and logistics to release that kind of huge, expensive project. HT has more resources and stronger distribution partnerships--even brick and mortar storefronts (in Asia) and they still push back product releases themselves. 3A is way smaller and is still stuck in a "made-to-order" model with mostly online presales.

The first really mechanically complicated thing they did, the original Iron Man MKIII was REALLY late. I want to say something like a year late but I'm not sure it was that long.

Where did you hear that they were dropping Sideshow? I would honestly hate if that happened. Sideshow happens to be a good fail-safe place to order from; in case I miss out on a ThreeA exclusive, I can always pick up a retail version from them.

The Tumbler? That was released a couple years ago and already designed and tooled before that. It wasn't as big a deal to re-release. However, the camo'd Rises version is still not released. The '89 Batmobile was previewed a while ago and is nowhere in sight. Same for the '69 Batmobile. It takes time and logistics to release that kind of huge, expensive project. HT has more resources and stronger distribution partnerships--even brick and mortar storefronts (in Asia) and they still push back product releases themselves. 3A is way smaller and is still stuck in a "made-to-order" model with mostly online presales.

Good points. I can only hope that ThreeA has made a large enough profit from their REX sales to expand a little more.

trgminirunt.jpg

Looks like EMGY is next up!

EMGY is by far my favorite grunt - really need to acquire this in 1/6 but I fear is quite rare.

Looks like it's been confirmed on the Threea blog that the grunt on sale tomorrow ill be the EMGY they previewed. I presume there will be some secret drops as well, but who knows.

I don't have any EMGY colourways in my collection, but I don't think I'll be able to resist at least one purchase with this drop.

Debated a while myself, but decided to pass. Sometimes Its soo hard to stick to certain lines!

Grabbed one.. though probably don't need him. Don't collect EMGY at 1/12 but hard to pass up that shield.
Ah well.. it'll make me more patient as the next few roll out to wait until one I really want comes along.

Back