Styracosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and once you are aboard they'll put shackles around your legs and chain you to the wall. :lol

Not quite yet I'm afraid...I'm barely affording the regular editions..lol

But an Allo or Spino might just be good enough to warrant it..also maybe a Pliosaur or Mosasaur ( you never see skull replicas for those really )

Did the Rex Skull actually show all the battle wounds and scaring ? It doesn't look like it but that would have been really cool... :D

got my styracosaurus a day early. i was completely surprised. i wish i could post pics but my computer crapped out recently and for some reason it locks up when i try to upload photos now. oh well. one problem i have is that his back foot doesn't sit in the footprint on the base. it hovers. the other two feet appear to be sitting perfect. anybody else have this issue? other than that, he is spectacular!! i love the ex. skull. it is freakin' huge.

Mine arrived but still unboxed. I'm debating whether to wrap it and place it under the tree for now in the spirit of the season. Is self-gifting wrong?

There is nothing wrong with self-giving. And there is nothing wrong with giving yourself your gift early.

If I didn't self-give I wouldn't get anything good...lol

Quoted for truth.

The left hind foot on my Styrac does hover slightly above its designated print. However, I didn't really notice it until I looked carefully, from a low angle, parallel to the base. Not a huge issue, at least for me.

Received #75 today.:banana

The beak on mine has had some paint scratched off. Have others had this issue?

As far as the feet go, mine sit flush with the base, so no worries there. I was a little disapointed that the colors weren't as vibrant as the prototype pics, but i've come to expect that with most statues.

I don't have my camera right now so pics will have to wait until tonight. Good pics will have to wait until Monday.:D

Btw, has anyone else noticed how the T-rex maquette skull isn't anywhere near as big as the head on the actual maquette?

I know the Styracosaurus skull is way bigger than the T-rex skull, and is the same size as the head on the maquette.

Mine had some rubbing too, but it can easily be fixed with some drybrushing.

If only I had the talent to fix imperfections on statues. :D

I can deal with the little scratches. To be honest, I wouldn't have noticed it, if I hadn't been looking for it.

I dare not try to fix anything, for I fear it would only end in disaster.:(

:lol I'm the same way. I'm quite certain that anything I attempted to fix would look worse than it does now My biggest concern would be getting the paint to match whatever I am touching up.

The best thing to do is practice on something you don't care about messing up...that relieves the anxiety over actually doing it. Once your satified you can handle a few quick brush strokes you can mix til you match the color and then fix the problem area.. ;)

That Rex skull threw me off pretty good too..it was the pic I kept looking at the most..and it does look a bit too small...Scar assures me it's not an issue.

Drybrushing is really quite easy too, and the beak doesn't have a complicated color scheme.

You will want to use acrylic paints; a dark brown, grey and black. Mix those together until you get a color comparable to the statue and then take your brush and wipe it off (the paint) onto a paper towel, do this until virtually all the paint is gone and they brush it against the statue. It should work without any problems.

Drybrushing is really quite easy too, and the beak doesn't have a complicated color scheme.

You will want to use acrylic paints; a dark brown, grey and black. Mix those together until you get a color comparable to the statue and then take your brush and wipe it off (the paint) onto a paper towel, do this until virtually all the paint is gone and they brush it against the statue. It should work without any problems.

Thanks for the info. I just might try that. Doesn't sound as hard as i'd imagined.:eek:

Maybe someone can lend me there Styracosaurus to practice on.

Any takers?:lol

I got mine and it really is awesome. I think it may very well be my favorite.

Are the skulls in scale to each other? The styrac skull is freaking huge and dwarfs the carno and rex skull. Unless they are indeed in scale I have to say I don't think I care for it. May make it easier to drop the exclusives and save some money...

Back