1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I just drilled partway down the hilt and into the side, inserted the SMD and had the wire coming out the side. For wire I just use thin 30 guage wrapping wire which goes up her arm. Here's a couple pics which kinda show that.

You'll also need to sand the white paint off the blades so the light will feed through a bit better.

View attachment 644547

View attachment 644548

And these are the smds I used
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...n4REmbwpaG18qdi-JdOjkTwrU14oBBFrNoDiezO8yyO6E
Thank you so much for the pointers. It sounds like I was on the right track having the side holes feeding a LED. Your work there is so clean, I can only hope to be able to get the custom that seamless. Also thanks for the tip on sanding the blades some for greater light penetration. I hadn’t even thought of that and would likely have been dismayed after all the hard work if it was barely visible.

Anybody else worry about how displaying her with the cloak on might affect the seamless shoulder "skin"? I fear that the material will discolor or react with that rubber... I know rinsing the cloak first to remove excess dye is a great first step in preventing this- but I still am concerned with it reacting over time.

Am I being silly? I think I would rather have her in the cloak but I also don't want to damage the figure.

Anybody else worry about how displaying her with the cloak on might affect the seamless shoulder "skin"? I fear that the material will discolor or react with that rubber... I know rinsing the cloak first to remove excess dye is a great first step in preventing this- but I still am concerned with it reacting over time.

Am I being silly? I think I would rather have her in the cloak but I also don't want to damage the figure.
I’d be careful if you’re thinking of rinsing the cloak. It’s similar to the material Tusken Boba’s cloak is, and I think I read (from someone here) that when they rinsed it, it shed material. If you’re worried, maybe you can put something between the body and cloak so the cloak is not touching the skin.

It's definitely a concern. I put some of the clear plastic sheets over her shoulders and tucked them in so you can't see them with the cloak on. That should do the trick. If you threw away those sheets, then you could just use saran wrap.

I’d be careful if you’re thinking of rinsing the cloak. It’s similar to the material Tusken Boba’s cloak is, and I think I read (from someone here) that when they rinsed it, it shed material. If you’re worried, maybe you can put something between the body and cloak so the cloak is not touching the skin.
You are correct, that was me, Yes ,the boba cloak disintegrates to a degree. I don’t think it’d soak the Ahsoka cloak for the same reason ..

Last edited:
This might just be my new favorite 1/6 Hot Toys figure. Just incredible. I did the water treatment on the lower body and it made the fabric drape much more naturally. Love the silicone skin. It seems like it’s very thick and durable. I doubt this will tear any time soon.

Here’s some pics from my crappy IPhone.

Attachments

• IMG_1252.jpeg
    IMG_1252.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1253.jpeg
    IMG_1253.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1254.jpeg
    IMG_1254.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1256.jpeg
    IMG_1256.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1257.jpeg
    IMG_1257.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Great shots! Glad to see someone actually moving the eyes. How wet was the WT you applied? Soaked through or just spritzed? Just got this figure myself and the pants are pretty bunched up.

Great shots! Glad to see someone actually moving the eyes. How wet was the WT you applied? Soaked through or just spritzed? Just got this figure myself and the pants are pretty bunched up.

Thank you! I was going to spritz it but I honestly just held it under the tap and completely soaked it right through. Once completely soaked I flattened out the kinks and bunches and molded the way I saw fit. I let it air dry for about 2 hours and got impatient...thus I stole my wife's Dyson hair dryer to finish the job. She got home to find me in the kitchen air drying a "dolly" by her words....took one look at me and shook her head and said "I should be surprised, but I'm not!"

Ahsoka has arrived. Some quick shots and thoughts.

AHSOKA-02.jpg

She's a hefty gal. Such a 180 after opening & playing with the HT Battle Droid over the weekend. Now that figure is a lightweight!
Ahsoka however, is all there. Something in the subconscious about weight equaling quality...may not be logical but there it is.

AHSOKA-06.jpg

Does she look like Dawson? Um, not really, but the character is there. And those eyes for the win! It would've been a tragedy if this figure had ended up with that "dead-eyed" stare. Even the barest of movement adds so much to the attitude and the look. Very cool.

AHSOKA-03.jpg

LOVING the textures, the layering, the materials. Really sold on this outfit and look now that it's right in front of me. Lots of shots and posing with this one!

Gotta say though...I don't know if this whole "DX" presentation was necessary here. She's pretty light on accessories. The backdrop is something that we've seen included with so-called regular releases. Guess it must be the special new body and it's unique build and metal skeleton along with the movable eyes that pushed it over the edge into "DX". Part of my lack of "DX" enthusiasm this time around comes from what most may consider a super minor issue here...the slip cover has lots of scuffs and dents right out of the shipper. Even the silver-foiled SW logo has scrapes and wear and that had to have packed at the factory that way. Of course, I'm much more concerned (& pleased so far) that the figure is in great condition but still...it's not something one is used to seeing from HT right out of the shipper, especially at a premium price.

I am glad I changed my order out for the standard. Like the stand better and I'm Grogu'd out. The walkway with the water is much classier looking than the recycled Yoda swamp stand.

Ready to see more pics from folks to get inspired by. And how unintentionally cool it is that she showed up in collections a few weeks before her show hits! Liking the figure very much.

Back