Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the exception of Terminator 2 and The Simpsons, kids ruin every movie/tv show they are in.

So I waited till tonight to watch this along with episode 2. Sorry I did. I should've waited for the full season to be over. Very disappointed. Not that it was bad, but rather very underwhelming. I don't even think I'm gonna watch anymore till the rest of the episodes are available. Cause based on what I've seen, not sure I even care about what happens next. It's like Rebels all over again. Season 1 was hard to get through, but season 2 was great.

I really liked The Clone Wars, so I did enjoy the animation and that it does feel like an extension of that show. These guys were a fun little story arc in Season 7. And would have been fun to see pop up here and there in the original Clone Wars series. But not so sure if they can carry a whole series by themselves.

717032dd85332c5d76a21954fc2d5ed2.jpg

lol :lol

I don't know why the big strong guy is so often portrayed as developmentally delayed/cognitively impaired. Wow, so original. Never seen that before.

Very weird. Me strong guy, me break stuff! Sheesh it?s annoying. I can?t see how an idiot like that could survive years of war . He just runs at the enemy like a moron . Atleast the others are tactical.

I always thought it was conditioning and not cybernetics for why the clones obey orders. Just seemed implied in AOTC, but canon in large universes always change for future stories. Soon you'll find out there is another super special clone group that are precognitive and blah blah blah here's a new color for you to collect.

Bingo.

So wait, this chip thing, are they now saying a conditioning chip is what caused the clones to turn on the Jedi?

So wait, this chip thing, are they now saying a conditioning chip is what caused the clones to turn on the Jedi?

From my understanding its like this:

The chips stops them from being 100% independant and also stops them from being more aggressive to their superiors, like Jango.

It's why they follow any order without question. They think they are independant, but they aren't. After Order 66 the chips basically just takes over and wipes whatever personality they developed with their limited free will.

We see that the chip sometimes malfunctions though, which is what happened to the clone Tup, who executed Order 66 too early.
Echo's programming is gone due to what the Techno Union did to him.
The rest of the Bad Batch's don't work at 100% capacity due to side effects of them being experimental genetically modified clones.

Ever since ROTS opening night I figured it was a genetic modification triggered by the covid vaccine…errr I mean an implant.

An on off switch that can’t be turned off once activated.

Apparently it has been a chip ever since it was first mentioned in AOTC.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Behavioral_modification_biochip#Order_66

Huh, I always thought they were obedient through genetic engineering and rigorous training, not because of chips. Kinda like that Kurt Russell movie from the 90s.

That's what I really don't like about Star Wars. The story is always changing. Back in the day we were getting pissed because the prequels were contradicting the originals, now enough time has passed for them to start messing with the lore established in the prequels. :lol

That little Jango Fett clone girl is ridiculous, I just looked it up after that link. Now I see why Jye is meming her.

Man this franchise just loves to mess with it's history. Boba Fett couldn't just be a cool bounty hunter that was good at his craft, no, he had to be a clone of the real Fett who also volunteered to be the host of a clone army which is ridiculous. Then decades later, that cool clone army couldn't just be an army of identical, hardened soldiers that follow every order without question, oh no, gotta inject more story with batches, personalities and drama. Same with Anakin. In Revenge of the Sith, not being given the rank of master was one of the reasons he turned on the Jedi. Now we find out that oh, this dude had a secret apprentice girl. Get out of here.

I thought the whole point of a clone trooper, as established in the early 2000s, was to create an unyielding soldier that lived and died by military code, not a bunch of slack jawed pansies that get sentimental about their Jedi generals and good guys. That's one of the few things I liked about the prequels as depicted in the films. The clones were actually competent bad guys, not as clumsy as Stormtroopers and Battledroids. Clones were an actual threat and it's even better because they start out on the same side. There's no weeping when it comes time to pull the guns out on the Jedi, they just do it because following orders is what they were CREATED to do. We all knew when these black and white "good guys" landed in that arena, they were going to take out the heroes. Those early poster advertisements with thousands of them behind Dooku, Jango and Palpatine in the rain said it all. Injecting pathos into them just seems wrong and goes against the point of their existence to begin with.

This batch stuff and stuff with like clone Rex and Ahsoka Tano is pretty lame. Dude is crying because his chip isn't working or whatever and he's conflicted cuz orange butt cheeks. This is the kinda stuff a 4 year old writes. :lol

Huh, I always thought they were obedient through genetic engineering and rigorous training, not because of chips. Kinda like that Kurt Russell movie from the 90s.

That's what I really don't like about Star Wars. The story is always changing. Back in the day we were getting pissed because the prequels were contradicting the originals, now enough time has passed for them to start messing with the lore established in the prequels. :lol

That little Jango Fett clone girl is ridiculous, I just looked it up after that link. Now I see why Jye is meming her.

Man this franchise just loves to mess with it's history. Boba Fett couldn't just be a cool bounty hunter that was good at his craft, no, he had to be a clone of the real Fett who also volunteered to be the host of a clone army which is ridiculous. Then decades later, that cool clone army couldn't just be an army of identical, hardened soldiers that follow every order without question, oh no, gotta inject more story with batches, personalities and drama. Same with Anakin. In Revenge of the Sith, not being given the rank of master was one of the reasons he turned on the Jedi. Now we find out that oh, this dude had a secret apprentice girl. Get out of here.

I thought the whole point of a clone trooper, as established in the early 2000s, was to create an unyielding soldier that lived and died by military code, not a bunch of slack jawed pansies that get sentimental about their Jedi generals and good guys. That's one of the few things I liked about the prequels as depicted in the films. The clones were actually competent bad guys. There's no weeping when it comes time to pull the guns out on the Jedi, they just do it because following orders is what they were CREATED to do. We all knew when these black and white "good guys" landed in that arena, they were going to take out the heroes. Those early poster advertisements with thousands of them behind Dooku, Jango and Palpatine in the rain said it all.

This batch stuff and stuff with like clone Rex and Ahsoka Tano is pretty lame. Dude is crying because his chip isn't working or whatever and he's conflicted cuz orange butt cheeks. This is the kinda stuff a 4 year old writes. :lol

So no HT Ashoka Dawson with Grogu for you lol

Back