Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you work at the same job, wear a uniform and follow the same guidlines, that makes you the same person as your coworker? :lol

Sure on a surface level they are similar, but they're hardly the same character :lol

First you say the only similarity is the T-visor.... then , when confronted with the uncomfortable truth, you fall back to 'well they are different people all together'. :slap

First, Boba is a clone of Jango without the chip, so they are both the same.

Mando is a different person, yes, but so similar to the Fetts that people were convinced that Mando would be revealed as Boba in Season 1.

And if every movie hero dressed like Indiana Jones -- but were different people -- would that be varied enough for you? Of course not. That would be silly. At least, repetitive.

But Star Wars has slogged along on repetition for so long -- since the 2nd Death Star. People like repetition. They like the same regurgitation over and over again. I don't know why. Its familiar, safe, you know what to expect, you get to have the same shivers over again. We all like a good tug again and again... but I like a little variety too.

First you say the only similarity is the T-visor.... then , when confronted with the uncomfortable truth, you fall back to 'well they are different people all together'. :slap

First, Boba is a clone of Jango without the chip, so they are both the same.

Mando is a different person, yes, but so similar to the Fetts that people were convinced that Mando would be revealed as Boba in Season 1.

And if every movie hero dressed like Indiana Jones -- but were different people -- would that be varied enough for you? Of course not. That would be silly. At least, repetitive.

But Star Wars has slogged along on repetition for so long -- since the 2nd Death Star. People like repetition. They like the same regurgitation over and over again. I don't know why. Its familiar, safe, you know what to expect, you get to have the same shivers over again. We all like a good tug again and again... but I like a little variety too.

It was an exaggeration. I'm well aware that Jango and Boba are the same, I never denied that, but Mando and Jango are not similar characters really :lol. I don't think Mace Windu and Obi-Wan are similar just because they wear similar robes and follow the same religion and ideals.

Their armour design is more than different enough to distinguish them.

Jango always seemed like he was a pretty bad guy, and he could go toe to toe with Jedi. Mando at least has a conscience and honestly he's a bit **** at fighting anyone more than lowly grunts.

But that's exactly what they're turning Boba Fett into now. :lol

Also wanna add one more similarity: Boba and Din were both orphaned during the Clone Wars era.

Clone troopers/Stormtroopers/officers/Jedi all have been milked. Sith and Mandos certainly have much more room for milking. I'd suckle up on those Sith and Mando titties for a good, long while.

Clone troopers/Stormtroopers/officers/Jedi all have been milked. Sith and Mandos certainly have much more room for milking. I'd suckle up on those Sith and Mando titties for a good, long while.

9237C645-17A5-471A-ADC0-E414CB306DF6.jpg
..and somewhat vulgar in his verbiage.

Let me guesss. The fans who pointed this out are on Twitter? I?ll be back to see.

Edit. Of course it?s Twitter. Cause it seems like everyone there can never enjoy anything abd you?ll always have some guy scanning the show or movie for something they don?t like. What?s sad is that studios listen to these idiots

49549461.jpg

The series premiere of Star Wars: The Bad Batch on Disney+ spawned whitewashing concerns among some fans who pointed out that characters such as the various clones and Caleb Dume appeared lighter in complexion. Now, a new report suggests these concerns are being directly addressed by Lucasfilm.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-bad-b...Cr818NEKXYckEWlgvpk8DT81Wvl1t2332UzhCiLIP9PBU

No way :lol :lol :lol

The clones probably just look lighter because of the improved lighting, jeez people just look for reasons to be offended now.

In fact upon further inspection, they look no different. Left Bad Batch, right Clone Wars

fM8AiRz.png

I always though Kanan was white guy, he sure as hell looks like one to me.
J2RfXzX.png

When I was a kid, Boba Fett's flight suit was pieced together and sourced from different armors and the helmet happened to be from the extinct Mandalorian race from the old republic. The helmet looked modified, like he added the range finder and the little bits and doo-dads. He was just a guy, you could make up any story you wanted. His origin was whatever you thought up on your living room table. He was like the anti-Han Solo. You know, the Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker. The most interesting thing about Han Solo was his ship. Fett was no different. No secret origin, no hidden past. He was just a dude that Vader hired and that was cool enough, same with all of his other buddies. His story was in the trophy braids and the dinged up armor he wore.

Fast forward to now, ALL of Boba Fett's armor is Mandalorian, (and they all look like variations of him) made out of vibranium and the Mandalorians aren't extinct, there are tribes everywhere (and even female Boba Fetts with booby armor and clown hair)! They're all like Power Rangers. He's also responsible for all the troopers in the galaxy.

What a world, what a galaxy. So big, so expansive!

Well…

You are not wrong lol

I always love it when you decimate pop culture.

What I always love about being me is that I can share the same pop culture beliefs as yours, which I just so happen to do, but then I am also capable of saying screw it and just go along for the modern ride and surf the wave of nonsensical stories knowing very well that my precious core beliefs are perfectly preserved in my childhood memories and by the way also safe on my OT theatrical discs for me to enjoy anytime I want.

But in the mean time I will go and have 80k posts on a movie toy forum laughing my ass off with geek humor with these movies lol

Can you please not be an ObiWan hermit and try to be more like Jar-Gar and post more often.

Last edited:
No way :lol :lol :lol

The clones probably just look lighter because of the improved lighting, jeez people just look for reasons to be offended now.

In fact upon further inspection, they look no different. Left Bad Batch, right Clone Wars

I always though Kanan was white guy, he sure as hell looks like one to me.
[/IMG]

I just posted it so you'd have to defend it. :rotfl

I know you love and defend your Clone Wars. I can't believe they even made an article over that garbage. Twitter is the social gathering pit of human sludge. Most just troll to troll and these companies actually believe these people. KK is probably freaking out right now!

Hmm, I've been sitting on these episodes. I don't relish having to get through 16 of them.

I got through all of The Clone Wars after a fashion - I fast forwarded through a lot of the battle scenes. I found the saving grace of TCW to be its rendering of the scenery, and the times it showed us more of the universe and life away from the war.

The final season was a very mixed bag, from the impactful final segment to the most cliched jingoist tripe of The Bad Batch episodes. The latter is what obviously appealed most to the child audience since it spawned a spin-off.

Hence I've been sitting on the new series. It does have one point of attraction: the birth of the Empire.

Back