Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was a great addition. Anakin, in a way, was still watching over Luke/Leia and protecting them when not there, through his droids.

According to the prequels, yep. 3PO even calls Master Ani "the Maker" when they are reunited at the Lars Homestead in AOTC. :slap

When 3PO was yapping away in the carbon freezing chamber, it kinda makes ya wonder why "the Maker" didn't start piecing things together about how his (and Padme's) droid would've been so closely connected to the princess standing there who was obviously such a key figure in the Rebellion.

Might've been a good idea for Anakin to use his knowledge of this droid he created to access its data and find out where the rest of the rebels would be. Probably easier than disabling a hyperdrive on the Falcon and hoping that they lead you there without being spotted. Would've at least been worth a shot.

I think it was a great addition. Anakin, in a way, was still watching over Luke/Leia and protecting them when not there, through his droids.

And then torturing and/or dismembering them when he *was* there. Showing the delicate balance of protectiveness and tough love that makes fatherhood so tricky. :monkey3

The Force is an energy field created by all living things. Droids are not living things... so I guess Vader gets no juju from 3PO about his past attachments.

Then again... Luke and Leia are living things and Vader can't 'feel' them either.

Vader belongs on the Jedi Council.

The Force is an energy field created by all living things. Droids are not living things... so I guess Vader gets no juju from 3PO about his past attachments.

Then again... Luke and Leia are living things and Vader can't 'feel' them either.

Vader belongs on the Jedi Council.

But do all models of protocol droid like C-3PO have that same voice and non-stop talkative nature? For whatever reason, I've assumed 3PO was unique in those ways, thus making him recognizable to the guy who made him. But that could be my own misread, and Vader would have no reason to think of 3PO's voice and "personality" as distinctive. Fair enough.

As for Vader's lack of ability to "feel" Leia, that raises another issue. When he was torturing her in ANH, and getting nowhere, what does that say about her (and/or Luke) when two movies later Vader picked up a random thought that Luke was having about his sister? Sure, Luke and Vader had made a different kind of connection by that point, but still... He wasn't exactly probing Luke's mind the way he would've been Leia's.

And yeah, the entire Jedi Council being so blatantly oblivious in the PT does at least make Vader's OT obliviousness consistent. :lol

45C01B0B-620D-432D-8BBB-4D8034BD5A9D.jpeg

But do all models of protocol droid like C-3PO have that same voice and non-stop talkative nature? For whatever reason, I've assumed 3PO was unique in those ways, thus making him recognizable to the guy who made him. But that could be my own misread, and Vader would have no reason to think of 3PO's voice and "personality" as distinctive. Fair enough.

Potentially greatest Special Edition scene ever --

Carbon Freezing Chamber: Vader stomps over to 3PO -
Vader: 3PO? It is I, your Master. *3PO stiffens, stares blankly* Vader: Do you not remember me? It's me, Anakin. I was smaller then. How about this: Yippee! Remember? *breathing* *3PO blank stare* Vader steps away.

Potentially greatest Special Edition scene ever --

Carbon Freezing Chamber: Vader stomps over to 3PO -
Vader: 3PO? It is I, your Master. *3PO stiffens, stares blankly* Vader: Do you not remember me? It's me, Anakin. I was smaller then. How about this: Yippee! Remember? *breathing* *3PO blank stare* Vader steps away.

Ooh!!

Okay, okay... I smell what you're cooking, and I like it. But how 'bout we take it to the next level with a cut right after that to a montage scene? Flashbacks to young Ani building his droid; sharing laughs with his mom as the new best pal tries to gain his footing; maybe a hug thrown in to make sure even the more retarded kids in the audience grasp the bond that was forged before we cut back to present day on Bespin.

There's no way to rival the comedic genius of lines like "my parts are showing!?" from TPM, but I think we can still convey this heart-tugging childhood bond with visuals. Gotta keep taking advantage of the groundwork laid out by the PT. Storytelling gold just waiting to be mined. :hi5:

Cant wait to see the Kaminoans get wiped out after their inevitable rebellion, just like in the original Battlefront 2

Looks great but the female soldier screaming INCOMING at the end was both annoying and cringing make sure you lower the volume for that crap or don?t and get annoyed like me lol

Looks great but the female soldier screaming INCOMING at the end was both annoying and cringing make sure you lower the volume for that crap or don?t and get annoyed like me lol

The first episode of that is actually out. Pretty decent and the effects are really good for a fan film.

We should have a thread for SW fan films at this point due to the abundance and quality of them now.

The first episode of that is actually out. Pretty decent and the effects are really good for a fan film.

We should have a thread for SW fan films at this point due to the abundance and quality of them now.

Ok good to know i’ll catch it later tonight on my 80 instead of my iphone right now lol

I'm surprised how good The Bad Batch is, after their tedious debut in TCW.

The scenery and lighting is great. That planet they crash landed on was channeling Alien.

Omega's a bit of a red herring because this isn't the average children's cartoon. Deploying flame throwers, murdering prisoners, they don't hold back.

With its timeline coinciding with the birth of the Empire, there's an overall feel of classic Star Wars.

Back