Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah George was a big fan of Frank. In one of Frazetta's artbooks he wrote that George told him that this cover to Famous Funnies #213 was the inspiration for Chewbacca.
452522-FrankChewie.jpg

View attachment 643987
1686333904474.jpeg

Yeah original concepts (Ralph McQuarrie ) were straight in the Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon spirit ...
ecf77cd506fd5d6d5777b87d400053ef.jpg

8g1r8h.jpg

7otiuu.jpg

7otjmc.gif

And of course well known^...Sprinkle in some Nibelungen saga, Fritz Lang, Kurosawa, Jack Kirby 4th World Saga, Matinee Movie Serials and more , etc...and you have a modern epic.

While the A. poster was a nod to Frazetta.
The D. poster was a nod to the movie serials..
7otlho.jpg

72gau6.gif

77uikb.gif

Etc. which then also inspired Indiana Jones

Last edited:
Stan Lee hated that everyone had underage sidekicks in those days which is why when he took over writing duties at Marvel the first thing he did was retcon Captain America's backstory and kill off Bucky, lol.
At Marvel they killed the sidekick...
Meanwhile at DC they kept multiplying them.
What are they up to the 10th crap derivative Robin. How many are there?
I can't even remember if the last one is his own clone or his offspring?
Not sure how Bruce Wayne ever explained all these little mini-me "found" orphans he had popping up out of nowhere, running around in his Mansion.
I think his found orphans story was a cover, and he was secretly really just creepily cloning himself, creating his own personal army in his cave.
main-qimg-8b6e6fc0551343b0ce4b229dfb4490be-c

Last edited:
Oh cool, didn’t know Tarkin was a collector himself!

That's awesome, I wonder if he ever collected and painted himself...

Death%2BStar%2B28mm%2BStar%2BWars%2Bminiatures%2B3x5.jpg

Also next time I'm customizing and painting some random figure of Snaggletooth, Mugato or Bat-Hombre, I'm totally wearing a cravat.
I see now, it's not so much about the art itself, but how good you look doing it.

Last edited:
I have the A poster representing ANH in my SW poster collection. I have the Gone With the Wind style for ESB, and the lightsaber/hands for ROTJ. I also have a repro of Revenge, which I love.

The heir to the Buck Rogers dynasty is Flint Dille, best known for his work n GI Joe and Transformers cartoons in the 80s, but also for partying with Frank Miller in NYC while Frank was working on Dark Knight.

Guy literally was called the LONE Ranger yet had a sidekick named Tonto lol
Well if you bother to learn the story, he is the only surviving Ranger of an ambush where they are all slaughtered except him, so yeah he is the LONE surviving Ranger, Tonto is not a Ranger, he's more of an ally to his cause.

Back