Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how ROTS would do re-released today?

donald-trump-billions.gif

This is all a revenge ploy for her. She’s been in the business for a long time and had to answer to men and now that she has power she wants to pretty much try and ruin Star Wars and she doesn’t care about what people think or the lore beforehand. I feel like rey is pretty much her self insert character that she wants to succeed.

This is all a revenge ploy for her. She’s been in the business for a long time and had to answer to men and now that she has power she wants to pretty much try and ruin Star Wars and she doesn’t care about what people think or the lore beforehand. I feel like rey is pretty much her self insert character that she wants to succeed.

Whenever I think of Kathleen Kennedy, I think of this scene in Chasing Amy. Except KK would actually be totally serious, and not an act like in Kevin Smith's fantasies.

If you asked, "What's a nubian?", I'm pretty KK would try to have you stabbed in the parking lot later.

What is missing is the fun factor. New Star Wars, for the most part, isn't fun. At all. It's pretty grim most of the time. And that's OK with something like Andor or Rogue One. But those are isolated contexts. That's one thing I did appreciate about what Kevin Smith used to be, not the bizarre shell of himself currently, but that he approached Star Wars as someone who truly loved it and wanted to have fun with it. And any serious discussion of it had a tongue in cheek element to it.

For all his failures, JJ Abrams managed to achieve that with Star Trek in 2009. It was fun. It had serious moment and fan service and sad parts, but it never lost sight of a certain level of joy in the storytelling.

The problem isn't that KK is a woman. Or even that she's clearly an unhinged feminist SJW. It's that she's bitter. She's joyless and so much of new SW is completely joyless. It's the bane of all zealots - Nothing is ever good enough and they want everyone to share in their total misery.

we’re moving 15 years after The Rise Of Skywalker. The First Order has fallen, the Jedi are in chaos – there’s even a question of how many exist anymore – and Rey’s building the New Jedi Order, based on the text that she was given and that Luke imparted on her.” The Force will be felt for many years to come.
LOL, no surprise this ^ was pretty much once the exact inspiring set-up for Luke's imagined future, bringing about the Return of the Jedi. Of course incapable of creating anything new, they've just given it exactly to Rey. (a character I actually like)
However to pass-on the supposed great "legacy", they made Luke into a complete hopeless, pos coward and failure, who betrayed everything he was, all his learned experience and instinct, now hiding from his path, his responsability, those who need him, instead of running toward them, becoming a slave to fear, instead of recognizing it as part of himself thus denying it's power, instead of following his own path/choice which was his way, now a slave to Jedi text and dogma, he never once followed, an absolute return of the Jedi failure. :lol

Last edited:
I was thinking about what was good about the sequel trilogy and i remember that first time seeing the melted Vader helmet. But then that made me think...it's kinda weird that Luke put his helmet back on. 😂

"Oh, Fatther rest in peace...ooh there's really not much ventilation in that suit, huh? Smells like feet. Just tuck you back in there...."

Back