Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read some good things about TPM's transfer to BR...looking forward to that...
In the meantime, a flashback to Sideshow's fine figure...

DARTH-MAUL.gif

This post from hometheaterforum.com will forever sum up my feelings on any and all "alterations" made to the original trilogy:

I think my biggest gripe (aside from not releasing the original versions as a companion to the SEs) is that for all their 'flaws', the original versions presented a consistant level of special effects technology throughout each film. With this new v.4 of the trilogy, you'll get a 1977 special effect, then an already dated 1997 one, then something added in 2004, then something added in 2011. They're just a Frankensteinian technological/FX mess now and it's THIS aspect that actually takes me out of the films everytime.

The original versions felt organic - the new ones feel cobbled together and patchy.

I am going to add something that obviously missing from this thread but is needed to go with 90% the posts.
fromage1.jpg

:lecture:lecture:lecture Whether or not he included the original version, it still shows potential to want to tweak them.

There's nothing wrong with that. It's if they tweak them, or more importantly what they tweak.

Spielberg released the original ET with the tweaked version.

Blade Runner has a 5-disc set with 4 different versions of the film.

Lucas wants to bury his "half-finished" original films and can't stop tweaking his "special" editions into what they were "supposed to be".

This post from hometheaterforum.com will forever sum up my feelings on any and all "alterations" made to the original trilogy:

I think my biggest gripe (aside from not releasing the original versions as a companion to the SEs) is that for all their 'flaws', the original versions presented a consistant level of special effects technology throughout each film. With this new v.4 of the trilogy, you'll get a 1977 special effect, then an already dated 1997 one, then something added in 2004, then something added in 2011. They're just a Frankensteinian technological/FX mess now and it's THIS aspect that actually takes me out of the films everytime.

The original versions felt organic - the new ones feel cobbled together and patchy.

:exactly: Can't forget screwing up already perfect scenes.

Why would you assume that the "other" would have to be referring to a character introduced in the Empire Strikes Back? Yoda could have been talking about anyone in the galaxy. As it happened he really did mean Luke's sister but it wasn't Leia at that time. She was going to be revealed in ROTJ, but Lucas just got lazy and made her Leia.

Fair enough. I didn't actually know about this or the other ideas that were discussed here. Interesting stuff.

Still, the brother/sister thing always seemed less "made up on the spot" than the Vader/Luke relationship. I'm not sure what the history is there, and while it still worked great even with the "certain point of view" explanation, it didn't seem to a consideration during ANH...

tried looking through the thread, but so many posts to go through.

Where is the best place to get the full set? I was planning on just going in and getting them on Friday, but would ordering from amazon be better? Or are there special sales going on in actual stores?

tried looking through the thread, but so many posts to go through.

Where is the best place to get the full set? I was planning on just going in and getting them on Friday, but would ordering from amazon be better? Or are there special sales going on in actual stores?

Target and Amazon will have it for $79.99. Target includes some lithographs as well.

This 30 second commercial also gave me goosebumps.

30 seconds out of the 43,200 seconds that makes up all 6 films :lol

Yeah, awesome trailer but the "relive every moment" tagline is quite ironic and made me chuckle.

Every moment huh? Like this one?

spirits1997.jpg

:cool:

As much as I'm not a huge PT fan I am kind of bummed that I sold that figure. I might need to get him back.

Wait for the Hot Toys version.

Absolutely, with HT revealing they'll hit maybe 4 characters a year you now when they hit the PT Maul is a lock.

Not sure if this has been posted, but um...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCZrdNBBxMA&feature=related"]Star Wars Blu-ray: New Darth Maul Death Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Hmm, about what would be the estimated arrival date if ordered through amazon with the standard shipping? I can't remember if I used that ebfore with Gears 2, cause I got that day of release.

Cause I'm still debating on ordering through amazon, or just trying luck with BB on Friday. Would hate to show up to see that its all gone already.

Oddly enough, they say that choosing the free two-day (strange, though the set seems to be out for other countries?) shipping option will mean you get it on the day its released, September 16th.

Speaking of which, wasn't that supposed to be out this year? :mad:

It's coming out next year as part of Paramounts 100th anniversary line-up. They already got the transfers completed and will probably put it out right before summer or Oct./Nov.

I'm not worried about Spielberg because he's already said he's not messing with any of his movies anymore. But i hope Lucas doesn't have any "bright" ideas.

It's coming out next year as part of Paramounts 100th anniversary line-up. They already got the transfers completed and will probably put it out right before summer or Oct./Nov.

I'm not worried about Spielberg because he's already said he's not messing with any of his movies anymore. But i hope Lucas doesn't have any "bright" ideas.

I don't know, it would be kinda cool if GL convinces SS to add cute little CGI creatues to the scene right before the big boulder chases Indy.

Indy could step on the tail of one of the little cute creatures before he grabs the idol as a nod to SW.

Make it so GL/SS :pray:

Last edited:
Back