Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well from our point of you there's you typing one scenario on the internet and one of the guys that actually helped George pen those scenarios speaking on the internet with a different story. I'm going to assume the latter is recounting the correct version. :nana:

So no sharing secret anecdotal stories from within the LFL empire over beers in Tampa sometime? Okay, suit yourself. :nana

Don't forget Keir Dullea :tap

Wha? :lol

I will say this, Watchmen was a masterpiece. I don't give a ____ what people say. Snyder did an amazing job with the source material and realistically it was the best we were going to get in a feature film. It should have been a 12 part HBO series but that wasn't what WB wanted. I still love that film.

Masterpieceof____, more like.

Just kidding. I like it alright. I loved the casting apart from Ozy, and even he did a good job (just didn't have the look I would have hoped for).

BTW, I'm watching my original Special Edition DVD of Star Wars as we speak. I'm finding myself enjoying it just fine despite all the changes. Just saw that Greedo scene though. . .damn, is that a stupid change. How could he miss so badly if he shot first?

--edit: the fat guy pilot is really named Porkins? LOL

This site is HILARIOUS:

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jek_Tono_Porkins This guy apparently warrants a Master's Thesis describing his history, personality, etc. --

Last edited:
the commercial promos are starting to get me excited about this....
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofCtkA6G-A8"]Star Wars:The Complete Saga Blu Ray set! - YouTube[/ame]

Of course we all like bad movies because theyre fun or entertaining to us. I personally like cheesy b-movies and honestly bad horror flicks.

Exactly. Which is my point. It has much more to do with personal taste than "higher standards." Even the mighty Empire Strikes Back can be lacking depending on your measuring criteria.

You yourself said you enjoyed Green Lantern "because you were a longtime fan of the character." And I'm guessing you're buying the blu-ray, even though you know the movie probably *should* have been better.

And what's with the crying about the deleted OT scenes not being finished? They obviously weren't finished in 1977, 1980, or 1983. But now you want John Knoll or Rob Coleman to get their grubby hands on those scenes and spice them up with prequel-style effects!? Crazy. THANK GOD they were left as is. I want to see what was shot and edited back in the day, with no "updates" or alterations of any kind. If they WERE "finished" I'd pass on the full box set and just pick up the PT.

So no sharing secret anecdotal stories from within the LFL empire over beers in Tampa sometime? Okay, suit yourself. :nana

Well you still have to deliver you-know-what signed by you-know-who. If beers are involved, what's an anecdotal story or two between friends. :D :duff

Last edited:
With the BLU RAY coming out this Friday. Just wondering if the box set includes the OT and SE? Or just the SE. Thanks!

With the BLU RAY coming out this Friday. Just wondering if the box set includes the OT and SE? Or just the SE. Thanks!

Wow, you missed a lot

It's the SE only with a few additional changes, the worst of which is adding a new line for Vader when he throws the Emperor down the shaft, he now yells "NOOOOO" like he did at the end of Episode 3

Wow, you missed a lot

It's the SE only with a few additional changes, the worst of which is adding a new line for Vader when he throws the Emperor down the shaft, he now yells "NOOOOO" like he did at the end of Episode 3

Thanks i'm saving my money.

Meh... I'll keep my order. That last video made me feel goose bumpy. :moon

Same. The second one was a bit too... I'd say childish, due to that narrator whose voice is usually used on family films. The last one, however, radiated pure badassery. Can't wait!!

Wha? :lol

I will say this, Watchmen was a masterpiece. I don't give a ____ what people say. Snyder did an amazing job with the source material and realistically it was the best we were going to get in a feature film. It should have been a 12 part HBO series but that wasn't what WB wanted. I still love that film.

This. Watchmen is one of my favorite hero flicks. Better then TDK.

Same. The second one was a bit too... I'd say childish, due to that narrator whose voice is usually used on family films. The last one, however, radiated pure badassery. Can't wait!!

Yup!
Best compilation of SW clips I have seen in a while. I got the UK version of this yesterday but I have to say the US packaging looks nicer may have to take a trip to amazon.
:dunno

This. Watchmen is one of my favorite hero flicks. Better then TDK.

You have to be smoking some serious cones to put Watchmen anywhere neeeeeaaar the league of TDK.

Visually Watchmen is great, but story, acting, directing, characters, score, scale...different ball game.

You have to be smoking some serious cones to put Watchmen anywhere neeeeeaaar the league of TDK.

Visually Watchmen is great, but story, acting, directing, characters, score, scale...different ball game.

Watchmen > TDK

Especially for a movie with not so big name actors.

I thought the packaging was the same aside from disc art?

No, The US get's a package the same style as Alien Anthology and the EU get's a flimsy box where disc-holders are stacked and taped together and you can flup through them.

sw_blu_ray_package_detail_uk.jpg

sw_blu_ray_package_detail.jpg

Back