Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With how good this figure looks, the only justification I have to keep my modded ANH Vader now is if I either re-buy ANH Obiwan or if HT makes another ANH Obi-wan (which I sort of doubt them doing). decisions decisions 🤔

I might take some fabric paint to try to recreate the singed look for the slashed part of the cape

dx28 helmet + upcoming rotj body will probabyl be the best hot toys OT Vader outside of custom jobs. Quite like the base with this release as well, kind of like the base rotj Luke came with but more subtle, which is good.
It is a nice base, but it's nothing new really. They just repurposed the elevated base from the 1/4 ROTJ Vader and gave it to this guy. Though, it does seem to work out a little better in 1/6 scale than 1/4. Would be great to get one for ROTJ Luke and the upcoming ROTJ Vader. But, even the rocky base that this comes with is repurposed from BD Mark 85 Iron man

Does anyone know if this/ rogue one helmet is compatible with the ESB Vader? I have the ESB, which I like but I do think this helmet looks better and may try to pick up secondhand

I'm excited to see the cape displayed correctly in this photo. I thought I noticed it having the high collar in a photo awhile ago but couldn't quite tell.

I pre-ordered this to originally have it with the battle damage but now seeing this cape I may be tempted to buy another one for a clean version.
Wait so the collar is not meant to be under the helmet?

Collar under the helmet neck is RO, ANH and ESB
Collar over the helmet is OWK series, ROTS and ROTJ

ESB and ROTJ have a hook for chain attached to the shoulder armor to latch onto, but the others don't if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Incredible that this is coming soon--really getting that glimpse of the one eye is so powerfully translated from the show to this figure perfectly! Also having Padme coming too--I thought for sure that Obi and Padawan Anakin were coming sooner, but this makes those figures even more anticipated. Great time to be a collector!

Does anyone know if this/ rogue one helmet is compatible with the ESB Vader? I have the ESB, which I like but I do think this helmet looks better and may try to pick up secondhand
Rogue One and ESB are not compatible with each other. Left R1, right ESB. One’s a socket the other is a ball. However you can use a little double jointed peg to make the R1 helmet work.

No telling what connector OWK uses due to one head having rolling eyes.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2098.jpeg
    IMG_2098.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm excited to see the cape displayed correctly in this photo. I thought I noticed it having the high collar in a photo awhile ago but couldn't quite tell.

I pre-ordered this to originally have it with the battle damage but now seeing this cape I may be tempted to buy another one for a clean version.

Collar under the helmet neck is ANH and ESB
Collar over the helmet is OWK series, ROTS and ROTJ

ESB and ROTJ have a hook for chain attached to the shoulder armor to latch onto, but the others don't if I remember correctly.
Looks weird and wrong to me with the cape collar over the helmet - like he’s business attire Vader - but it seems a person has options here.

definitely prefer having the cape collar underneath the helmet unlike sideshow's video which has the cape collar over the helmet

With how good this figure looks, the only justification I have to keep my modded ANH Vader now is if I either re-buy ANH Obiwan or if HT makes another ANH Obi-wan (which I sort of doubt them doing). decisions decisions 🤔
Obi is still a great figure. I remember debate when it released, how it is far from Guiness’s looks. Never truly gripped that. One thing though is his limbs are getting loose, like a bad Sideshow body. Don’t know if it’s just mine or a general theme with aging HT bodies.

I might take some fabric paint to try to recreate the singed look for the slashed part of the cape
Can you elaborate?

Looks weird and wrong to me with the cape collar over the helmet - like he’s business attire Vader - but it seems a person has options here.
Haha I can see that! But I think it works. I really like the over the helmet neck look for this and even more for ROTJ.

darth-vader-hayden-christensen-obi-wan-kenobi-1656074706.jpg

MV5BNzhlMTBkMTUtZTk3Yy00OTUzLWFiNWYtNDU0NmE4MmI1MzM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MTI2ODc5._V1_.jpg

P6GSLBM2S5AXVMIEAOMKFC5IAM.jpeg

1708466621123.png

definitely prefer having the cape collar underneath the helmet unlike sideshow's video which has the cape collar over the helmet
Well, how it is in Sideshow's video is accurate for OWK but obviously, the beauty of these things is, in the end, you can put it however you'd like :) The two ends of the cape should technically also be closer together showing less of the chain for OWK.

Obi is still a great figure. I remember debate when it released, how it is far from Guiness’s looks. Never truly gripped that. One thing though is his limbs are getting loose, like a bad Sideshow body. Don’t know if it’s just mine or a general theme with aging HT bodies.

Can you elaborate?
Yea, I liked the original ANH Obiwan figure. I was just going through a job loss a couple years ago and had to sell most of my collection at the time, otherwise I'd still have it. But, yes, older HT bodies tend to get loose and the plastic gets more brittle as it ages. I pretty much never touch my HT Kevin Flynn and decided to swap the clothing late last year and both knees broke and one shoulder.

As far as using fabric paint - I use Angelus fabric paint as it's not as thick as your typical fabric paint, dries fairly quickly and retains its flexibility so it doesn't crack like regular acrylic paint may end up doing. So, if I were to go that route, I would just mix some colors like if I was painting anything else to get the desired effect. Hope that helps :duff

Yeah I could have worded it better haha I just assumed that hot toys will just reuse the rogue one for the deluxe OW undamaged helmet and they’ll attach the same, guess we’ll see.
In the promo shots they did use the Rogue One helmet but for the final release they changed it haha.

Man, that's a big codpiece. Man, that's a big codpiece.

Why'd you say that twice?
Wow no kidding. I know this Vader didn't have his belt sitting over the top of the codpiece like previous ones did, but think I may have to do that anyway just to minimize the size a bit.

And I also forgot that they give you two lightsabers to pose him with, but only one lights up. Which is quite annoying and something I'll have to fix.

Back