Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got my email yesterday from SS that my Vader was processing tomorrow on 5/1.

Now I just got another email apologizing its been delayed with a stupid 15% off coupon code that lasts all of 1 week.

:slap

Got mine today. It’s a nice package and all the light up features work in my copy thankfully. Hooking up all the little cords to the box is a little cumbersome, but the effect is nice and nowhere near as bad as fidgeting with all those little batteries. It’s my first time with a figure that has that so I was expecting worse. The foam packing is done much better in this than InArt’s Gandalf.

Like others have said, the damaged Anakin reveal is really well done. However, I don’t like how much the damage on the helmet itself softened up on the production piece. I expected it based on pics but still disappointed by it.

I could be wrong but the pleather on this suit feels different from previous ones. This is looking a bit more like waxed fabrics instead of pleather.

I don’t mind the codpiece as much as others but also wouldn’t mind if it was maybe 10% smaller. If I keep this long enough that someone makes a scaled down version, then I’ll happily buy one.

Cape and inner robes aren’t the best. Wasn’t expecting that despite what others have said. Think I might try the sideshow ROTJ cape and robes for this instead when I get a chance as those have a pretty deep black to them that would go well with this.

Overall, even though it’s another Darth Vader, and will probably look very similar on the shelf, it’s different enough in the details. This definitely makes the RO version pretty obsolete, but I think there’s still a place for the ANH versions. That said, not sure I personally need two Vaders or even a third with the ROTJ version down the road.

Last edited:
Vader clean

Vader head cracked open

Vader without mask
That was the initial thinking. Not so sure anymore. I think getting my first JND piece a few days ago has removed some of the shine and excitement I might’ve had for this and other POs that are currently rolling out. I might feel different once I have time to put this guy on display with EP3 Anakin and Obi which is where my current ANH Vader is.

I have ANH Vader and ESB Vader, so the difference from across the room is only for the experts. But a ROTJ maskless Vader ought to break that up.

I don't have crackhead Vader. I would like to just get the head though -- stick it on the ROTJ stand for display.

My dark plan is to put the dx28 head on the RotJ vader for the best hot toys version with some custom cape, then use the Shaw head on dx28 body.. I prefer that sculpt over the cracked mask, so someone will be getting it off ebay.

Still waiting on my waitlist to convert. I’m beginning to lose hope… :(
I have gotten waitlist converts months after people got their figures. I think sideshow keeps a few off to the side just in case people have issues and need replacement parts, once their windows close for claims, they probably release some to waitlist. Don’t loose hope. My clone pilot waitlist converted like 4-5 months after release, same for B1 Battledroid. Never know.

So we have a few options for replacement capes, but does anyone make a good replacement inner robe/tunic? I’ve been dissatisfied with all HT stock robes for one reason or another and want to go for that over the shoulder, ANH drape. Do I have to make my own?

Back