Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm whatever Adria Arjona wants to call me lol...

FF9OPKiVQAI1FJs.jpg

As per the forum's rules you'll have to ignore any political discussion surrounding the series.

E. Controversial Topics (Religion and Politics). Because they are so detrimental to the cohesion of any community, we do not allow the discussion of political/religious views, religious/political figures, or social issues that will inevitably draw members into a heated debate (e.g Evolution/Creationism or the politics behind gun control, abortion, etc). It is unrealistic to believe that a religious or political viewpoint won’t work its way onto the site in some fashion (e.g mentioning you will pray for a sick member). It is important to remember that the purpose of this policy is not to limit your ability to express your beliefs but to limit the division often caused by discussing/debating differing points of view regarding these subjects.

Apologies for asking, and I'm sorry if by me asking this I am actually breaching some rules, but what political debate has been brought into Andor?

Apologies for asking, and I'm sorry if by me asking this I am actually breaching some rules, but what political debate has been brought into Andor?

Claims made by two of the actors of a political and social nature, discussion of which becomes problematical with respect to the forum rules. Posts relating to them have been removed from this and another thread.

Seems to me, the cherry picking was all you, not only outrageously exaggerated their competence, but conflated troopers with things others did.
Then when shown otherwise, you changed your argument.
Point is they've always been depicted both ways, before ROTJ and after, portrayed as competent when necessary to seem a threat, and incompetent when the heroes need to win, or get away.

This didn't begin with ROTJ as you claimed, or something only disney does. It was part of the SW theme from the go.

:lol
Um, no. To restate - again ( :slap ):

In the OT, imperial forces are 80-90% effective and 10-20% not, the D+ has that reversed.

So instead of going round and round on "cherry picking" the OT (maybe I should just list out every single appearance for you,) how about let's instead focus on all of those insipid D+ scenes starring the Imperial Forces' feared Benny Hill Brigade? That seem to work so wonderfully for you.

And I know I keep saying this, but just because you post an emoji+meme, or lots of emojis, or lots of memes... doesn't mean you win or that the conversation is over. So... stop doing it. It doesn't work.:lol

..there appears to be both (phase 2?)Clone troopers and Regular troopers
so likely a flash back to when Andor was six, ...
6q5gs0.gif

6q5fus.gif
This incident takes place during (The Clone Wars) 20 BBY, the same year of the Battle of Umbara, Mission to Mortis, and the Battle of Dathomir.

Those battle references mean little to me.
Yet as others indicate, this might be (unless I missed a flashback somewhere?) the first time we see clones done in live action. Yeah small difference, yet significant if you like the fin heads, who may have only been cg (and not that well) till now.
Also curious if the actual transition from clones to regular recruits will be explored here? Although that's more likely the purview of the Badbatch.
I think from the pov of the rebellion this takes, they may as well all be the same faceless shock-troopers to them.

Especially for someone fighting them since he was six, till now...
6qk9l4.gif

EZr56F26QcZCAYqSQ2Pf8Z.jpg

---
The true reason why we won't see sabers in the Andor series :lol
6qka4k.gif

Last edited:
There were live action Clone Troopers in "Obi-Wan Kenobi", and I think in season 2 of "The Mandalorian".

And the beginnings of the Empire's transition from Clones to recruits/Stormtroopers has been shown and explored in season 1 of "The Bad Batch". I am assuming this will continue on into season 2 when it's released next month.

Not hating, but the description of Dedra kinda makes her seem like great value Krennic. :unsure:

Succinct. I like it.

I wonder if one mistake theyre making is in, in essence telling us who to like and root for. I will decide that, thx and it might not be who Disney intends me to root for.

Just tell me a story, if its good i will like it. Im not sitting over here checking boxes as to various criteria being met. This isnt a college seminar. We are here to be entertained.

Succinct. I like it.

I wonder if one mistake theyre making is in, in essence telling us who to like and root for. I will decide that, thx and it might not be who Disney intends me to root for.

Just tell me a story, if its good i will like it. Im not sitting over here checking boxes as to various criteria being met. This isnt a college seminar. We are here to be entertained.
I just wonder if my bad karma is gonna strike.⚡

Had more or less idle interest in Sandman (oustandingly stellar) and Mandalorian (often great with cautious optimism for Season 3).

Convinced Falcon and Winter Soldier would be amazing - how could you go wrong with a badass frenemy dynamic - and it wilted...like things that wilt:monkey3, culminating in one of the silliest cringe speeches in media history:stake;

I KNEW that Obi-Wan would be EPIC; full of tense brooding drama set against the brutality of an Empire still closing its crushing grip around the universe...and was handed a depressed, rather bumbling Obi-Wan along with a boring villain and a story apparently written by an 8 year old, with enough plot holes to drive a Star Destroyer through....:blissysmi

I knew TBOBF would be SAVAGE; and I got dancing and the Candy Speeders:bunnydanc

So, because based on a few trailers, I got optimistic about Andor. Guess I should apologize to the universe; 'coz it's likely my karma has cursed the show:lol. Instead of the realistic, tense, enthralling story of battered rebels, it'll end up being a tepid, dull, exploration of space politics and questionable fight scenes. :blissysmi
Karma. Like, I was convinced Prometheus would be one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever done, and we all know how that turned out.:stake

Yeah, if this bombs we will know who to blame!! YOU!!!! definitely. It will be your fault for sure. Lol

In all the shows you mentioned, there were glimmers of greatness here and there, and then we got Boba who could not get a ship he'd been flying since age ten out of the hangar, and a five year old girl outrunning three adult bounty hunters - armed bounty hunters. Without stun devices or weighted nets, they arrive to capture a $#%&! Literal child. THROW THEM OUT OF THE GUILD and dont refund their dues. Etc etc

Dont get me started on Prometheus, a film that makes BoBF look like it was scripted by a combination of Leo Tolstoy and Karen Traviss. I will also mention the film version of "Hannibal," which makes me want to throw hands to this very day.

Yeah, if this bombs we will know who to blame!! YOU!!!! definitely. It will be your fault for sure. Lol

In all the shows you mentioned, there were glimmers of greatness here and there, and then we got Boba who could not get a ship he'd been flying since age ten out of the hangar, and a five year old girl outrunning three adult bounty hunters - armed bounty hunters. Without stun devices or weighted nets, they arrive to capture a $#%&! Literal child. THROW THEM OUT OF THE GUILD and dont refund their dues. Etc etc

Dont get me started on Prometheus, a film that makes BoBF look like it was scripted by a combination of Leo Tolstoy and Karen Traviss. I will also mention the film version of "Hannibal," which makes me want to throw hands to this very day.
At this point I don't get excited for Star Wars shows anymore. If Andor turns out good, great, if it turns out bad? Oh well, such a shame, nevermind.
There'll be more Star Wars "content" squirted onto D+ soon enough.

At this point I don't get excited for Star Wars shows anymore. If Andor turns out good, great, if it turns out bad? Oh well, such a shame, nevermind.
There'll be more Star Wars "content" squirted onto D+ soon enough.

Oh trust me - I dont, really. I am more excited for TBB season 2 than i am for Andor, or for that matter the Kenobi show. Just hoping for less filler with TBB because first season had an unholy amount of it.

(For those of you going, TBB?!!! Really!?!? Lol!!!!! See, thats how far my expectations for quality SW content have fallen; and how bad some of this live action stuff is.)

I think BoBF has cured me of true excitement for any upcoming SW project. That just really.... That show did actual damage to my opinion of the entire SW universe. If you cannot trust a show about bad@ss bounty hunters to be good, really what can you trust?

Hyperbole. And yet, with a core of truth.

First clip. Looks bloody amazing. The dialogue alone.

Suddenly getting a battle of Algiers and Algiers; Le Moko vibe from Andor.

Also those still crying about these characters are too check-the-box formulaic easy..
And this is nothing but fan service.
While out the other side of their face yelling, don't like him, and there is to much drama, politics in my SW.
Are going to have to go crying back to the safe and lazily phoned in BoBF and Kenobi, actually made just for them.
This they will not like.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/star-wars-andor-tony-gilroy-diego-luna-1235348148/
Gilroy — executive producer and showrunner — uses Cassian’s story to depict, in almost Dickensian detail, the intertwining lives of everyday people as they orbit around the formation of the Rebel Alliance. While legacy characters like Mon Mothma (Genevieve O’Reilly) and Saw Gerrera (Forest Whitaker) do appear, the vast majority of the ensemble’s more than 200 actors are playing brand new characters, often inhabiting worlds we’ve never seen before. Most crucially, rather than wayward Jedi or secret Skywalkers, “Andor” follows lowly factory workers and midlevel technocrats, seemingly unremarkable characters who’ve long hovered in the background but were never granted the spotlight until now.
Gilroy —Why not use the ‘Star Wars’ canon as a host organism for absolutely realistic, passionate, dramatic storytelling.
Kyle Soller - “It was completely different from what I expected the ‘Star Wars’ scripts to look like,” he says. “I had to flip back and look at the title: No, this is ‘Star Wars.’ I just felt like, ‘Wow, this is incredibly grown up, gritty, messy.’”
“You should be able to watch the show and not give a **** about ‘Star Wars’ ever, or [have ever] seen any ‘Star Wars,’” Gilroy says. “This show should work on its own.” In the same breath, however, he adds, “The hope, the dream, is that the really hardcore ‘Star Wars’ community will embrace the show in a new way — that they’ll be thrilled to have someone come in and completely uncynically get down molecularly in their world and treat it like a real thing.”
Also love that he not only chose the hardest guy to like, to build a series on, yet this isn't the typical cynical approach by those who don't actually like it, or want to "re-invent" or "fix" a franchise for a modern audience (by that I mean take the balls off it). No, this is someone who wants to go even deeper, actually to build off it.

Last edited:
Back