Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fa4zWDqWAAA_10C

Fa4o2UBUcAAHTT0

First clip. Looks bloody amazing. The dialogue alone.

I've been finding myself less and less interested in Star Wars as this year goes on. Had my fill of it and not interested in the D+ shows. Do not care about Ahsoka, don't care about Bad Batch or Acolyte etc etc but this actually looks interesting.
This I'm quite intrigued by and looking forward to.

I think it will be the only Disney Star Wars that has any resonance over time.
The number of Star Wars dishes from the Disney menu I'm willing to consume grows ever fewer. Someday I'll have to abandon the restaurant all together. Sadly the franchise has lost a Michelin Star or 2 under the new management.

It's all fast food now, nothing more.

Andor might be that rare specialty.
True, although still...
However, Gilroy insists Andor will offer plenty of thrills. "We are an adventure story," he said. "The hope, the dream, is that the really hardcore Star Warscommunity will embrace the show in a new way — that they'll be thrilled to have someone come in and completely uncynically get down molecularly in their world and treat it like a real thing."
We might be getting best of both here.
Not just a processed high, from fat fried sugar, salt and oil in breading , but we might be getting an actual meal here. :lol

Last edited:

Man what a question, thought he was going to get himself in some trouble here, great save!
:cwink:

Also the new droid B2 sounds cute.

Genevieve O’Reillyi & Dego Luna
Mothma & Andor.
FbAFvvEXwAATIEe

Last edited:
I think it will be the only Disney Star Wars that has any resonance over time.
For me it will depend a lot on how Mandalorian plays out. Like more of the Mayfield episode where he is wrestling with some large questions of who Din D'jarin is.

I still like the idea of a man with code, and how to reconcile that code, in a world where abiding by that code may end up with wrongness, death, failure.

It'll be good with a gritty, but probably more of a single note e.g. a show (Andor) that's usually gonna be pretty grim; and then there's Din D'jarin's arc. Script, script, script.

Was never an Ahsoka fan, but it might be interesting to see some Rebels characters live action. Not derailed yet from SW even if Obi was a letdown. Because of, IMO, a &^%$ script and also an IMO miscast.

Slightly cautious optimism?
:blissysmi
Maybe relax, and be aware of what they are telling you going in, you don't necessarily have to be a SW fan, it's not about the easy to like characters and fan service, but a different type of show and methodical pace, more gritty character drama, political intrigue and espionage thriller. If you know that going in and that's still what you want, you should be fine. Unless you ignored all the clues, then you''ll just be the same guy in your emoji. :lol

Last edited:
Maybe relax, and be aware of what they are telling you going in, you don't necessarily have to be a SW fan, it's not about the easy to like characters and fan service, but a different type of show and methodical pace, more gritty character drama, political intrigue and espionage thriller. If you know that's what you want, you should be fine. Unless you ignored all the clues, then you''ll just be the same guy in your emoji. :lol

I'm not going into it as an SW fan per se, and bow to the long term "master fans" on the board, who I've learned a lot from.
I AM going into it as someone very cautiously hoping - since IMO any production starts with the writing - that the script doesn't suck. That can mean a lot of things, and doesn't mean every line has to be some epic quotable Shakespeare, or every plot hole has to be filled...but I should feel engaged.

Sometimes it ends up being the actor that's so riveting, as well, like SLJ or RDJ. Sometimes tho, like with Obi, there's just no saving it. It was painful seeing Ewan McGregor work so hard, when IMO that narrative was out of character; made no sense; 💩etc.

Trailers look great, but maybe it's lies. All lies.:cut

Back