Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He gets a pass for blind-fighting, it's a martial arts trope not out of place in Star Wars, it's the idea of a wooden stick being effective against armour that bugs me.

Don't make me go to the footage and count the number of Stormtroopers he beat up without being shot...

It was like a bloodless scene from Kill Bill inserted into Star Wars.

Don't make me go to the footage and count the number of Stormtroopers he beat up without being shot...

It was around ten. And it isn’t a stick it’s a staff of hardened wood lol. And they did make it clear his other senses are heightened like Daredevil at the start of the scene where he senses their footsteps and trigger fingers.

Still probably more believable than this though...

star-wars-stormtrooper.gif

Gawd Disney Star Wars is awful.

True, he was literally surrounded and nobody could shoot him.

Daredevil-style senses? Sure. Hardened wood? Thought of that ... still doesn't explain why they only shot their own guy -- *repeatedly*. 😁

Still like Rogue One, though.

It always weirds me out when that happens. 😵‍💫

Super weird. 😵‍💫

Back to the subject at hand, even Rogue One was inconsistent. A large group of stormtroopers were taken out by a guy with a stick.

A stick.

Even if your Kung Fu (Teras Kasi?) is *pretty good* ... that's a bit much.
as a former Baseball catcher, getting his with a bat (stick) with your mask on, can knock you down….and those are mostly glancing blows.

It always weirds me out when that happens. 😵‍💫

Super weird. 😵‍💫

Back to the subject at hand, even Rogue One was inconsistent. A large group of stormtroopers were taken out by a guy with a stick.

A stick.

Says like a guy who has never been hit with a stick.
Seriously, try it! Wear all the armor you'd like, you might be surprised. ;)

Absolutely an armored person can get killed by falling from a great distance or hit with a full force object BUT the stormtrooper got knocked out or worse killed by a female slap lol

Then again a divorce judge can be as destructive as the Death Star lol

What’s next a little girl kills a 500lb alien with advanced laser guided weapons!

:chase

Last edited:
Absolutely an armored person can get killed by falling from a great distance or hit with a full force object BUT the stormtrooper got knocked out or worse killed by a female slap lol

Then again a divorce judge can be as destructive as the Death Star lol

What’s next a little girl kills a 500lb alien with advanced laser guided weapons!
How did you get ahold of the leaked script for the next D+ series "Rey - Golden Jedi Dawn"?

It's rumored to be about the hilarious misadventures of the traumatized young Rey, who wipes out an entire village along with the alien by accident. At the end though, the ever-present and unkillable Ahsoka - who sensed the power of the greatest Jedi evah, arrives. Ahsoka invokes the magic of Disney-fication and brings everyone back from the Void, including the alien who is now all cuddly.

Ahsoka mind wipes Rey to keep any more accidents from happening until the kid is old enough to get her *&^%$ together and meet her emo boyfriend, but like a good Disney fairy godmother leaves Rey with the ability to be a kick @ss pilot, extraordinary reflexes, and the ability to speak in many tongues. Later critics praise the series for resolving the issues with Rey's apparently magical abilities. :monkey3:nana::stake

The problem here is that judo-chopping a guy wearing full armor is going to mainly do one thing: its not going to take out the armor-wearer. What it'll do is really hurt your hand. We dont have to be in a science-fantasy reality for that to be true, its true right here on earth. If a hit on the helmet was enough to take out an opponent, no one would bother wearing helmets. Yet people have been wearing them for thousands of years.

This crap suspends my disbelief, hard.

Says like a guy who has never been hit with a stick.
Seriously, try it! Wear all the armor you'd like, you might be surprised. ;)
Well aware what blunt force trauma can do. With a stick. But I still think that scene went too far for a number of reasons.
as a former Baseball catcher, getting his with a bat (stick) with your mask on, can knock you down….and those are mostly glancing blows.
Sure, I get it. See above. It was just a bit much for me.

Funny seeing like 6 pages of selective bitter fan crying about how only Disney portrays trooper incompetence... :lol
6pqnqn.gif

Oops can't use the "they let them go" excuse, how many did Han take out solo.
6pqmdt.gif

A large group of stormtroopers were taken out by a guy with a stick.

A stick.

Yeah that could never happen
57404c.gif
:lol

Last edited:
Did we get Andor's age in Rogue One? If not, going by the actor was abut 38, this is five years before.

FYN6wIDXoAA_cmB

Also is that purged Beskar armor as part of that museum display?
There should be someone coming for it :wink1:

Sorry for the LOOOONG overdue reply!

Andor's age is never explicitly stated in Rogue One, however he does say "I've been in this fight since I was 6 years old". Considering the Empire came to power in 19 BBY, and we assume that Andor was "in this fight" immediately at age 6, that means he was born in 25 BBY. Rogue One is set in 0 BBY, so we can assume his age in that movie is 25. The Andor series is set in 5 BBY, 5 years prior to Rogue One, which would make his age 20.

Now, considering cannon materials, his birth is actually stated to be in 26 BBY. If he was fighting from age 6, that would place this time at 20 BBY, which is actually during the Clone Wars and prior to the Empire's formation. Having looked into it, turns out Andor was part of the Separatists and was fighting the Republic before it became the Empire! Either way, his birth in 26 BBY and this new series being set in 5 BBY puts his age to be 21 in the series.

*BBY - Before the Battle of Yavin ie. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope.

Blind guys killing armored characters with a stick is nothing new in SW. At least Chirrut only took out some Stormtroopers and not one of the coolest villains in all of cinema.

2ANgbg.gif

Funny, this is the first time I've ever wondered why he had no control over his own jetpack.

Funny, this is the first time I've ever wondered why he had no control over his own jetpack.
Mando had fun with this too... implication, the old packs design had some inauspicious launch trigger when (either by accident or on purpose) whacked in just the right place. :lol
6pqk0u.gif

Last edited:
So instead of ROTJ being a freaky fluke occurrence Mando is now saying that any physical contact with the back of Fett's jetpack would send him spiralling wildly out of control. No wonder Fett didn't use his jetpack when surrounded by the Parkour assassins. He probably has it permanently set to "off" when walking around town, lol.

Back