Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it's a painting. Not only a nice callback to a lot of OT backgrounds, but a few good paintings well-lit and photographed will look way better than shots coming out of the volume have been. Witness the cheap looking Kenobi.

Fingers crossed Andor actually will be a ruthless spy as at the beginning of Rogue One. I don't want to see another twisted arc like with Solo, give us a bad boy. You can't win a war being nice all along.
Totally agree. Surely Gilroy wouldn't be the type to roll over to Kennedy's wants to have too many "messages" in the series, or too much blatant "representation". Just write a good story that people take seriously and like.

Cassian could end up looking like a mariachi player portrait-wise. ...
Lest we forget ...
DOE1Z52W4AAi37Z

Although I would legit buy Diego Luna as Panchito Pistolas and Tudyk as Donald figures. :lol (yes ^It's parody)

Last edited:
I just wish they’d stop calling these shows after individual characters, they really back themselves into a corner when doing that. I like the character very much, one of my favourites of the Disney era, but for your average Joe he’s not a big name. It’s obvious he won’t be the sole focus of the show, so calling it something more wide-reaching would allow focus on other characters for a few episodes at a time without people complaining about the absence of the titular character. The show would have more hype around it they’d called something simple and impactful like ‘Empire’ or ‘Rebellion’.

Palpatine and Vader shouldn't ever be seen in this, IMO. Whispered about, alluded to ... looming over ... but never seen. Restraint is what this series needs.

(Disney + Restraint LOL I know)

Saw makes sense in terms of timeline but I found his character to be weak and poorly acted in Rogue One, so I'm not stoked about seeing him again.

I'll wait for the first reviews to roll in and may view this series based on what I've seen so far, but I sure don't trust it.

I'm just hoping this will give us a chance at another mudtrooper figure. But what do you call a mudtrooper without mud on him?

Finally the tale of how Saw and his pall Bor Gullet came together will be told. :wink1:

I liked Rogue One Saw - he has that crazy streak. Happy he is showing up here.

Now I'm gonna go slap myself:thwak, because I'm getting too happy about the cast and the trailer. This is unwise, like when I was convinced the film Prometheus would be one of the greatest ever. TFWS. Even Infinity War/End Game. More recently, Obi-wan.

Fingers crossed Andor actually will be a ruthless spy as at the beginning of Rogue One. I don't want to see another twisted arc like with Solo, give us a bad boy. You can't win a war being nice all along.

LESS. CHILD. FRIENDLY. WOULD. BE. NICE.

Real risk is rarely present because think of the kiddoes. So to keep it child friendly we alienate the rest of the fanbase. Sounds legit. 🤷‍♀️

I just wish they’d stop calling these shows after individual characters, they really back themselves into a corner when doing that. I like the character very much, one of my favourites of the Disney era, but for your average Joe he’s not a big name. It’s obvious he won’t be the sole focus of the show, so calling it something more wide-reaching would allow focus on other characters for a few episodes at a time without people complaining about the absence of the titular character. The show would have more hype around it they’d called something simple and impactful like ‘Empire’ or ‘Rebellion’.

Like Boba Fett?

LESS. CHILD. FRIENDLY. WOULD. BE. NICE.

Real risk is rarely present because think of the kiddoes. So to keep it child friendly we alienate the rest of the fanbase. Sounds legit. 🤷‍♀️
Do children even like watching things that are “child friendly”? Most kids prefer watching things that are too old for them. Disney has always been so out of touch, they’re still stuck in the 1950s with their thinking. Just make it the best show/film you can, regardless of age barriers, and let the kids and their parents decide if it’s appropriate or not for them to watch. I forget this is Disney and kids = $$$

Back