SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What made you take that decision?

It's too often been the new trend in their business model.
A) Sucker people with a great prototype and one that can borderline justify the pricepoint - now 1:6 = $200 Not an exceptional 1:6 the average run of the mill figure.

B) Don't deliver on prototype quality, likely in an attempt to increase profit margins, and let the collectors/marks decide. Which the dumb ones will because they've already invested in a long wait as the only association they have is the prototype that caused them to place the order in the first place.

This whole "let's just wait and see it in hand before judgement" is no different than someone saying "this figure cant be THAT bad. Did you not see the prototype? I saw the prototype and it was awesome!!!" Even though by this time know they likely won't like the figure to the same degree they already did. It's called denial.

It's too often been the new trend in their business model.
A) Sucker people with a great prototype and one that can borderline justify the pricepoint - now 1:6 = $200 Not an exceptional 1:6 the average run of the mill figure.

B) Don't deliver on prototype quality, likely in an attempt to increase profit margins, and let the collectors/marks decide. Which the dumb ones will because they've already invested in a long wait as the only association they have is the prototype that caused them to place the order in the first place.

This whole "let's just wait and see it in hand before judgement" is no different than someone saying "this figure cant be THAT bad. Did you not see the prototype? I saw the prototype and it was awesome!!!" Even though by this time know they likely won't like the figure to the same degree they already did. It's called denial.
Well, I don't blame you. When they first showed the protos, I actually liked Superman more than Batman, not that I disliked Batman, just that aside from a few nitpicks, Superman looked better.

Now, Batman is one of my favorite figures and I have no intention on getting this sorry Superman. This is a first for me from Sideshow.

Dying to see someone try and put the Superman duds on that beast Batman body.

It's perfect for him. I started working on a Green Lantern custom using the DCD suit and I think it looks perfect. I can't wait to get Supes and move him over to that body.

Those were samples to get the license, not pre-orders.

I know.
What i meant was "That looks great. I expect POs will go up soon, and we'll have it in nine months".
It never happened, and here we are in 2015, still no Supes.
Perhaps they will hold off till april and tell us the pics were all just a joke, lol.

Because it still took time to get the license even after showing off the samples.

And it is 2015 and our Superman dolls are being held hostage by greedy union fauks.

Those were samples to get the license, not pre-orders.

There lies the problem. They should not show their "samples" off if their final product is not going to look close to it. I know there is going to be changes, those are expected and understood, but the proto sample and the final product are like night and day. Even Batman, as much as I like the figure, the original sample was better. What it comes down to, is their stupid decision making, like the decision to change Supes body. Also, I know its minor, but that they didn't include the hand with the action spread finger hands, like the proto, instead we got a the stupid left and right karate shop hands... Really, that better?

Because it still took time to get the license even after showing off the samples.

And it is 2015 and our Superman dolls are being held hostage by greedy union fauks.

Once again, my point was nothing to do with the strike. It was the great proto they showed to get the licence and the crummy product they took forever to get out and felt was "close enough" to the proto to satisfy people, regardless of the strike.

Back