SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How dare a company make their product look better! :mad:
I know right. It's like a pun or something. Shame on them.

But seriously, they had to. They got a lot of cancelations on the previouly sold out exclusive.

If anything just swap the bodies.

Easily done, right? It's not like you have to unstitch and risk damaging the suit.

Yup. Definitely not $200 worth of craftsmanship here. If it were maybe $100-120 it might be an okay figure.

That figure is not worth $200. Not even close.

Yeah at first glance it feels worth about half that. I'm very disappointed, especially after Batman I was hoping to have these two together.

Those look like they're deformed. Terrible.

It's definitely not the most flattering of pictures.

Ya the bodies are definitely different, Batman is quite a bit bigger. But, at the same time, the Batman figure doesn't look great in this pic either, and considering how good he is in hand, I'm still holding hope.

What bugs me is he shouldn't look bigger. Batman should be smaller or at minimum at equal body type. What is strange is in the shot above, his arms and legs look muscular but the torso is undersized and the neck is too thin making the head look oversized. I'm actually pretty shocked at how this turned out.

I used points on mine, so for me it's @$150, which is part of the reason I'm still optimistic. I think everyone agrees that he shouldn't be smaller than Batman. I'm just hoping it's a similar in-hand reaction to the Batman figure. I'm hoping that when I get him, size aside, I'll be much happier in-hand. Although again, the early reviews are disconcerting to say the least...

It works on the regular version. This was mentioned in a different thread, but it's possible since the exclusive went from waitlist back to pre-order (not sure in this case) that the SS system thinks the figure is a new pre-order and therefore not eligible for coupon. Maybe CS could help.

Let's hope they fix the problems with the female bodies by using better plastic. I want to see Wonder Woman and Supergirl. We all know sups was a huge disappointment let's move the discussion off this so we can encourage them to make other dc figures we want to see and express what would make them work and what type body to optimize each potential figure. include height because scale does bug us a lot.

I know there fixing GL and maybe flash i have a feeling they scrapped him.
Hawkman should be included (no real feathers lets be real people you know that's a lot of upkeep and will breakdown quickly but his body should be like batman's but flesh tone like HT. retractable wings and i feel like he is at least 12.25"
Black Canary and Green Arrow goes without saying, it would be cool to get a sonic scream sound. and him a bunch of trick arrows. BC as well as WW and SG will need seamless parts it would be nice if they used the tech of the new stainless steel phicens that are being released this month. Arrow is muscular but kinda like superman body so at least the body design wont go to waste.

Last edited:
Let's hope they fix the problems with the female bodies by using better plastic. I want to see Wonder Woman and Supergirl. We all know sups was a huge disappointment let's move the discussion off this so we can encourage them to make other dc figures we want to see and express what would make them work and what type body to optimize each potential figure. include height because scale does bug us a lot.

I know there fixing GL and maybe flash i have a feeling they scrapped him.
Hawkman should be included (no real feathers lets be real people you know that's a lot of upkeep and will breakdown quickly but his body should be like batman's but flesh tone like HT. retractable wings and i feel like he is at least 12.25"
Black Canary and Green Arrow goes without saying, it would be cool to get a sonic scream sound. and him a bunch of trick arrows. BC as well as WW and SG will need seamless parts it would be nice if they used the tech of the new stainless steel phicens that are being released this month. Arrow is muscular but kinda like superman body so at least the body design wont go to waste.

Why would they scrap Flash? They are probably redoing him.

This line is dead. There's very few people who will pay $200 for 1:6 DC Comics dolls of anyone but the Big 3 and if Wonder Woman goes the route of these two bloopers, SS will replace that year's free calendar with one of her.

I agree that sups took a hit because they didn't make him muscular enough. But it's no reason to scrap the line. It just means they have to be more precise. These are sacred characters. I would recommend for Wonder Woman that they use a seamless body similar to the ht Ada but with bigger bust. Or like the stainless steel phicen's that was released this month b

Wonder Woman should be done in a classic costume. Any of them from 80's-early 2000's. Ignore the new costumes this will hurt sales tremendously because the costume is iconic. A real lasso one for hook on belt. And one with wire for posing. The face sculpt is crucial because it can't be masculine.

As far as weapons outside of lasso they need to make her shield, double sided ax and Grecian sword.

Definitely true that posing at certain angles hides the flaws... but how many people pose their figures standing straight, arms at their side? Part of the reason most figures don't look good when posed like that, is that there's no life. I don't have a single figure posed like that, regardless of how good the figure is...

Almost everyone I have seen poses them just standing there, the famous museum pose.

I personally think that its beats the purpose of it been a posable figure, but to each their own.

Museum pose before hoes!!!

"They Hate Us Cuz They Aint Us."

I don't think they will end the line because they messed up Superman. The exclusive was Sold Out before people saw how ugly it is. Sideshow's fault.

Hopefully they take note and find ways to bring out products that look good.

Superman body is great for the Flash, Green Lantern, even Batman would have been ok with it since the cape would fill out the skinny neck.

They jus need to dial it down on the head sizes.

And personaly, I would like them to improve the face sculpts by making them look more "normal". The eyes look too far apart sometimes, the chins too long, the space from nose to mouth also too long, jaws too wide. Nitpicks, but might really make the sculpt look even better

This line is dead. There's very few people who will pay $200 for 1:6 DC Comics dolls of anyone but the Big 3 and if Wonder Woman goes the route of these two bloopers, SS will replace that year's free calendar with one of her.

The line is definitely not dead. All of the figures from this line have been successful up until Superman.... and since no one actually has him yet, there is the remote possibility that he will end up being liked as well...

The thing about Batman, and the reason I fell in love with that figure, is that with the right posing and lighting in a detolf he just looks massive and bad ass. I've failed to see, in any picture, a hint of Superman being able to have his flaws hidden by posing and lighting because the figure is so fundamentally flawed.

Shame.

For most the body was the main issue. I think, like Sardo, once some in hand pics from other collectors get posted he may look more appealing.

Yea, early on Bats looked awful. But in hand, my favorite figure from last year.

I don't expect that big of a turnaround for Supes, but a bit better...

Back