SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's funny is that Sideshow made Superman appear obviously bigger than Batman in their PFs and 1:1 busts. How it changed the pattern in 1/6 is head-shaking.

You must be new to sideshow.

No matter what it is, they will always screw up one thing on all of their products.

Sideshow.....

tumblr_static_dq01d2lm9o8wc8ocwwwkkc4kk.gif

I've bought an extra Batman body that I'll probably move it on to. But I can understand people being disappointed in the body size and cancelling. However the current new 52 Superman if frequently depicted as slim rather than as a body builder. The Curt Swan Superman of the 70-80s was just an average guy.

For me its not only the body but the whole package as sideshow product, there is a big downgrade from 1/6 batman to 1/6 superman.
Superman is the one of the biggest character in comic universe and sideshow did perfect job with their superman PF, love every detail they put
But in this figure just become the biggest let down compare to other 1/6 DC, even they did better job in 1/6 harley. I think they rushed the production or for some other reason. They shuld put more time producing this figure.

It's sad how Hot Toys usually look BETTER than the prototype and Sideshow are almost always worse. The only recent HT that had a better proto was The Wolverine yet time and again Sideshow fail to deliver.

I love Sideshow but they with every figure they ask for more money without the quality. They really need to step their game up with final products and hire some people for QC because this just trashes the SSC brand name.

Are these like just repaints?
SS showed plan drawings a while ago for 4 different Sups and 4 Bats.

PHDPW3.png

dl2oYt.png

PTWaQH.png

DgMhFu.png

hySNgE.png

rhH6aF.png

nlXW70.png

mL63CZ.png

Anyone able to pull up what classic/mondern and GoldenAge/1stApearance would like like? The only deviations from that suit I really know is MOS, New52 and that electric blue.

At the moment, the way i am justifying this figure(Which i am *not* going to cancel, lol), is that this guy is Superman from the Flashpoint Paradox if he spent more time in the sun and ate more food.
Like, *eventually* he would bulk up like the Superman we all know and love, but this is him six months down the line, muscular but not as muscular as he would eventually become.
It's maybe a bit out there, but it will do for me if i never get around to replacing the body.

If this is a comic based figure, which I contend it is not, then tell me what comic is it based on? Yes all comic artists have their own interpretation of a character so tell me what comic artist did they use for their interpretation? .

That's my whole point. When SSC said "Comic", they clearly meant comic as opposed to tv/film. This DC line was intended to be generic comic-book versions, meaning not based on a specific movie/tv appearance, or on 1 specific comic artist. As you've pointed out, not everyone likes all comic artists' renditions either. What SSC has done with Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Harley, and now Superman, is they've clearly taken elements from different artists over the years and created, yes, their interpretation. In essence, if Sideshow artists were drawing a comic, this is how their DC characters would look. And if they did so, no comic-reading fan would say "WTH!!! That's not Batman! or That's not Superman!" because all of the traditional elements are there. If these were based on a specific comic, or artist, then it wouldn't be "DC Comics Superman"; it would be "DC Comics Neal Adams Superman", or whichever artist's look they chose to replicate.

For me, personally, in my opinion, the only thing I'm disappointed in is the musculature. I'd like him to be more heavily muscled, but ya, it looks "comic book" to me.

It really is too bad that SSC didn't go with a bigger body. If they did, the only complaints would be the cost, and maybe the trunks peaking out over the belt...

That's my whole point. When SSC said "Comic", they clearly meant comic as opposed to tv/film. This DC line was intended to be generic comic-book versions, meaning not based on a specific movie/tv appearance, or on 1 specific comic artist. As you've pointed out, not everyone likes all comic artists' renditions either. What SSC has done with Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Harley, and now Superman, is they've clearly taken elements from different artists over the years and created, yes, their interpretation. In essence, if Sideshow artists were drawing a comic, this is how their DC characters would look. And if they did so, no comic-reading fan would say "WTH!!! That's not Batman! or That's not Superman!" because all of the traditional elements are there. If these were based on a specific comic, or artist, then it wouldn't be "DC Comics Superman"; it would be "DC Comics Neal Adams Superman", or whichever artist's look they chose to replicate.

For me, personally, in my opinion, the only thing I'm disappointed in is the musculature. I'd like him to be more heavily muscled, but ya, it looks "comic book" to me.

And that is basically the whole problem with the figure. The body needed to be bulkier to not only fit the suit better, but to not make the head look so big. The neck is too skinny and you cannot really see his muscles as much as Batman.

I know that some people here don't mind that as they have the skill to swap bodies and mod and all that crap. But most of us don't and I honestly do not expect to have to do any of that with this figures. I like my figures to be ready to be posed as soon as I take them out of the box. Yeah, some require some arranging and aligning clothing or accessories because of them getting messed up on the box, but that is understandable.

But with this figure, no matter how much they try to arrange it to look good, it just doesn't help. I have only seen one pose at a certain angle were it looks ok.

I really wanted this figure, but I can't support mediocrity.

And that is basically the whole problem with the figure. The body needed to be bulkier to not only fit the suit better, but to not make the head look so big. The neck is too skinny and you cannot really see his muscles as much as Batman.

I know that some people here don't mind that as they have the skill to swap bodies and mod and all that crap. But most of us don't and I honestly do not expect to have to do any of that with this figures. I like my figures to be ready to be posed as soon as I take them out of the box. Yeah, some require some arranging and aligning clothing or accessories because of them getting messed up on the box, but that is understandable.

I do have some of those same feelings, as I don't have the skill/tools/ability to body-swap and customize. Actually, I'm mostly defending this figure for my own piece of mind, and because in my opinion, the SSC Batman was better in hand than in pics/reviews. I only change the poses on my figures once/twice a year on the shelves, and for me, the pic I like the most of this SSC figure, is also coincidentally how I was planning to pose him anyway, so I'm staying optimistic!

That said, I can understand why some are cancelling. Many collectors want their figures to look great from all angles and all situations. I've actually never understood some of the articulation concerns for these figures, 'cause most displays I've seen, the figures aren't posed all that dynamically. So who really cares if the shoulders can rotate the full 360, if you're never going to use that degree of rotation in your poses. But I'm guessing, some collectors actually play with their figures, in which case that sort of thing matters. Maybe I have more tolerance for figure flaws than others...

That blue costume could be creating an optical illusion where it looks smaller than it is. If the suit isn't skin tight it also could not show definition. But it is obvious but to late to fix is that his head appears larger than body can even out. Therefore a new kaustic or true type advance muscle will answer are needs. I know that's disappointing to hear. I wish SSC would take $50 bucks off are order since there is an obvious problem with this body making it not usable as intended

I didn't get the SSC Batman because I thought he was too big. It will be interesting to see this Superman against the HT CR Superman or MOS versions. I have a feeling he won't look too skinny next to them.

Back