SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Buttmunch said - these are probably the earliest prototypes that Sideshow has ever let us see. They are fresh off the designers desk, so things like the shorts being a tad uneven and the "S" shield are all going to change.

This makes me think more and more that this is not an articulated body. It looks really good, almost too good. If you told me this is just the prototype body so it isn't articulated I'd believe you.

I think this figure looks incredible. The face sculpt is right on point. This will fill a void in the 1/6 Superman market: actual quality comic based Superman figures. Like music to my ears.

Just a thing to remember guys, they worked hard to get 5 figures done for SDCC. They aren't final yet, so don't fret about the little things like how the undies fit :lol

Sideshow is doing an incredible amount of work on these. They went through a good 3 different bodies for Bats/Supes/etc before they found ones that worked. They aren't going to drop the ball here. They want this line to be as awesome as we do :D
I had a feeling that was the case.

Any ideal when we will see more from this line? :impatient::wink1:

I was hoping for more dc characters than bat characters but all of the figs look great.Thank god i skipped on the reeve supes,i prefer comic versions to movie versions.

Don Draper is...Superman! :yess:

seriously, though, i dig supes a lot. out of the sideshow DC ones i saw at SDCC, supes probably ranks as my fave. although i was fortunate enough to score the HT Reeve supes, i might have to give in and get this one, too. he's just so friggin' cool. and btw, Josh, your shots of supes are so rich in color, love 'em!

AFR

p.s. did Trevor sculpt the heads for this line??? if so, well done, brother, well done.

This is as good a Superman figure as you're going to find IMO. I'm not a big Supes fan but this is a must have.

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

Shoot and score! Bought with no looking back! :panic:
Love the color/intensity of the eyes! This is just fantastic.

I really hope they make a Green Arrow!

Is it just me, or does the body not look to be articulated at all? Areas where joins are usually visible are not. Look very cool tho. But i can't say i have much faith in retail SS paints apps being anywhere close to that.

I really hope they can match the paint apps in production. The pair apps on these look better than their normal proto paint apps. They look almost like HT paint apps

I actually prefer the smaller "S" emblem, reminds me of the Curt Swan style; still the definitive Superman artist!

All the SSC DC 1/6th figures look very good to me. But I've wanted this Superman since I was a small child so it's the most exciting to me. I hope we see some sort of timetable for the releases soon.

I'm very curious what direction they take this in. I wonder if we might see an extra sculpt and Clark Kent gear to fill out the release?

This superman looks absolutely stunning. I cant wait for the dc 1/6 scale figures. They all look great. Batmans face just needs some fine tuning then there all winners

Back