SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was meant to be seen. They just got cheap. The mask was originally removable, and it was going to have an alternate bloody head and axed mask option.

Great so Sideshow decides to cheap out but still charge over $200. Instead of giving fans a great head sculpt they glue the mask on that toothless small lipped thing with an overbite. Is anyone going to paint those damn shiny shirt snaps? Those along with the slim cut waist make it look like he's wearing a woman's designer shirt.

My god this looks horrible . I see so much moaning about small inaccuracies on most figures and yet this doesn't look anything like a single movie version of Jason at all. Not even a white shirt. Yes the old mask is too big but it looks much more accurate in shape than the new one. I really am baffled by the love that this is receiving.

I think a lot of it is a case of it costs over 400% more than the old figure it must be better whether it really is or not. Things might change when the new toy buzz wears off. After seeing the bloody unmasked sculpt that should have come with it Shideshow can suck it. What a cheap move. Sorry for the rant.

It does bite that we as the fans will not be getting this figure to it's fully potential hence why I bag on sideshow a lot but at the same time I'm still buying the figure. I think you customizers out there can make the head sculpt underneath a real beauty because it definitely is part 3 for damn sure it's an amazing sculpt that is for shame that sideshow decided to cheap out but still make the figure overpriced.

Would be nice to know why they scrapped the alternate sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total guess becuase that's all that people on here are doing. My guess is that SS is using a new paint factory or at least the a next level and this means more expense. So instead of charging more for two they opted for the most iconic look and went with one.

Total guess becuase that's all that people on here are doing. My guess is that SS is using a new paint factory or at least the a next level and this means more expense. So instead of charging more for two they opted for the most iconic look and went with one.

Possibly. The odd thing I noticed is just when we thought that SSC was dropping the separate eye piece from the sculpts, this one has it.

Wondering if in this case it makes sense with what you said and they used the same factory who did the Nathan Drake and ESB figures from 2015.

It's kind of insulting to SS to compare that sculpt to anything honestly, considering it's meant to be covered by a mask. I'm actually surprised it looks as good as it does and that there's even a face there at all.

Amen brother....

I do not think SS was looking for any screen accurate version....it is meant to be a representation of a character. Hence the name does not say Friday the 13th part 2, 3 .....12 etc etc. same goes for Freddy.

Plus a sculpted head under the mask was , IMO , a great move.....they did not even have to try this because it was stated early on they would not release a second head . (Which BTW would have gone a long way to making the price easier to swallow, and also would have led to extreme bitching.) the sculpt under the mask makes the overall masked appearance look much better.

Now as far as price.....nothing but constant bitching here.....nothing new. Get used to it people. Prices will continue to rise....the age of 275-300 is on its way....because we, the market, will bear it.

USPS , FED Ex, and UPS have all raised prices over the past few years...shipping costs is an amalgamation of boxing, handling, and overall costs from around the world. SS is passing on Shipping costs from HK to them and then them to you wherever that may be. They also have to pay import fees from out of country.

Its an expensive hobby.

I heard from a buddy of mine that's friends with an agent's sister in Hollywood, and he supposedly said that they didn't actually have Jason's likeness rights and he threatened to sue, so they had to nix the unmasked sculpt. :dunno

But you'd think that would affect the PF Jason with the alternate unmasked head as well. Anyways, I'd thought SST's reason they were giving people that wrote in to complain was keeping the cost down so it was more affordable for everyone that wanted it. Which also doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as they're still charging $30-$40 more for other figures that are minimal in the accessories department. Ash, Beetlejuice and DoN Darth Maul are pretty sparse for accessories but still coming in at $240. While Jack Burton doesn't come with a whole lot, it looks like a lot more went into his clothes than Jason so I can see that. I'm freakin thrilled to be getting an updated Jason but a "deluxe" version with all the bells and whistles would've been so awesome. I am hoping that this isn't a one hitter and they do another Jason from 4 or 6 or something:pray:

I'm freakin thrilled to be getting an updated Jason but a "deluxe" version with all the bells and whistles would've been so awesome. I am hoping that this isn't a one hitter and they do another Jason from 4 or 6 or something:pray:
This is the best idea I have heard on this form for a while. Instead of an exclusive.....make a barebones figure....just hands and weapons...then a deluxe with alternate head, more weapons and a better stand for 50.00 more?

They could even use the same packing...just leave the slots empty loke the do in cars when you do not get seat warmers or the other crap in the deluxe models......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reason IMO is it was cheaper for them to produce without an extra sculpt. This is based on their response to questions months ago. "In order to keep the price reasonable for collectors... blah, blah, blah" What they really were saying is "In order to keep our production costs down..." The outcome is they still overpriced a bare bones figure that they knew would be extremely popular. Smart business move that sucks for us. I'm still getting it, as I wasn't collecting when the originals came out.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks Robbie, I thought so......now I'm off to make those sports bets! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember if I heard this directly from Sideshow (I think it was from one of the guys on the floor at SDCC), but I seem to recall it had to do with fear of returns that might occur because paint could scratch off the face with a removable mask coming on and off. So to avoid that, they made the mask stay on. An alternate head at that point would simply be another masked head with an ax cut and some blood.

Honestly , I doubt there is a way to make the mask to scale to fit on that big melon..........

They didn't use the full mask on the actor when he played most of the scenes. (correct me if I am wrong). it was a half mask, because it was almost ompossile for them to work the mask correctly with the make up.

I think if you wanted a head sculpt to look right, there would be no way to get the mask to look right on it.

kane_part8_unmasked.jpg

You are probably right about that. I'm not sure that was the logic behind ruining the perfect figure though. If that's all it was, they could have offered a mask on and mask off standard version, and a mask on and mask off bloody version. I would have bought both.

Perhaps somebody at Sideshow would be good enough to "accidentally" leak out a casting of the original unmasked head and let the custom community take it from there. *wink wink*

Honestly , I doubt there is a way to make the mask to scale to fit on that big melon..........

They didn't use the full mask on the actor when he played most of the scenes. (correct me if I am wrong). it was a half mask, because it was almost ompossile for them to work the mask correctly with the make up.

I think if you wanted a head sculpt to look right, there would be no way to get the mask to look right on it.

kane_part8_unmasked.jpg

Most films, the Actors who played Jason wore "hoods" or full makeup or a combo of both but not in part 3. Richard Brooker actually wore full blown makeup in part 3, no hood. Actually is wearing the Stan Winston makeup the whole movie except for 3 scenes, flashback, hanging reveal and nightmare scene. All other scenes he is wearing the full Winston makeup even under the mask.

Back