SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's shame Stan's makeup for the unmasked head wasn't kept because it was fantastic. The final makeup was great though just Stan's was brutal.

You are probably right about that. I'm not sure that was the logic behind ruining the perfect figure though. If that's all it was, they could have offered a mask on and mask off standard version, and a mask on and mask off bloody version. I would have bought both.

Perhaps somebody at Sideshow would be good enough to "accidentally" leak out a casting of the original unmasked head and let the custom community take it from there. *wink wink*
Some how their Wolverine leaked. Wouldn't be surprised if Jason does too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

it's shame Stan's makeup for the unmasked head wasn't kept because it was fantastic. The final makeup was great though just Stan's was brutal.
You can still see it in two quick scenes if you pause it right. Same hear but understand the decision to change it

Amen brother....

I do not think SS was looking for any screen accurate version....it is meant to be a representation of a character. Hence the name does not say Friday the 13th part 2, 3 .....12 etc etc. same goes for Freddy.

Plus a sculpted head under the mask was , IMO , a great move.....they did not even have to try this because it was stated early on they would not release a second head . (Which BTW would have gone a long way to making the price easier to swallow, and also would have led to extreme bitching.) the sculpt under the mask makes the overall masked appearance look much better.

Now as far as price.....nothing but constant bitching here.....nothing new. Get used to it people. Prices will continue to rise....the age of 275-300 is on its way....because we, the market, will bear it.

USPS , FED Ex, and UPS have all raised prices over the past few years...shipping costs is an amalgamation of boxing, handling, and overall costs from around the world. SS is passing on Shipping costs from HK to them and then them to you wherever that may be. They also have to pay import fees from out of country.

Its an expensive hobby.

Except if you read Sideshow's description on their own site they say "this representation of Jason is taken directly from Friday the 13th Part 3."

I heard from a buddy of mine that's friends with an agent's sister in Hollywood, and he supposedly said that they didn't actually have Jason's likeness rights and he threatened to sue, so they had to nix the unmasked sculpt. :dunno

That is possible. Just last night I re-watched Going to Pieces with the commentary track. The producers talked about how originally they were going to show a lot more clips from the Friday the 13th series but that they kept having to cut back due to licencing cost. They said Friday the 13th was the most expensive series cost wise for that. Not sure how this translates to likeness on figures but SS didn't end up putting part 3 on the box even though their description on their site clearly states it's Jason from Part 3. The more recent SS PF Part 3 head sculpt went for a slightly stylized head sculpt versus the previous one. Maybe it is likeness rights.

As much as I like Winston I can see why Steve Miner opted not to use it. It didn't look like a grown up Jason, more resembled Cropsy from The Burning. The first 3 sequels did good at doing a grown up version of the makeup of young Jason from the 1st. Then part 6 and 7 we got zombie Jason, Part 8 some kind of pumpkin with play dough on it? Then Newline took over and f!!!ed everything up. What was he in 9 again? Some body jumping worm?

As much as I like Winston I can see why Steve Miner opted not to use it. It didn't look like a grown up Jason, more resembled Cropsy from The Burning. The first 3 sequels did good at doing a grown up version of the makeup of young Jason from the 1st. Then part 6 and 7 we got zombie Jason, Part 8 some kind of pumpkin with play dough on it? Then Newline took over and f!!!ed everything up. What was he in 9 again? Some body jumping worm?

We don't talk about them past #6 :nono

Yeah #6 was the last good Friday movie. It had the Tommy Jarvis character in it for 1 last time. CJ Graham was a great jason, he was also really great in the movie highway to hell. He played a very similar character in that. As much as i like Kane Hodder as jason, all his movies themselves suck. #7 is watchable and god knows as a kid i loved it, but 8-10 are disgustingly bad.

Yeah #6 was the last good Friday movie. It had the Tommy Jarvis character in it for 1 last time. CJ Graham was a great jason, he was also really great in the movie highway to hell. He played a very similar character in that. As much as i like Kane Hodder as jason, all his movies themselves suck. #7 is watchable and god knows as a kid i loved it, but 8-10 are disgustingly bad.

Yup totally agree. I was 12 when the 1st Friday came out and was lucky that a TV station played it uncut late at night and the same for part 2. I was underage but snuck in and saw part 3 in 3D. That was a great experience! Crowd went crazy when the guy got his head squished and his eyeball came right at you! Yah 6 was the last solid one.

Except if you read Sideshow's description on their own site they say "this representation of Jason is taken directly from Friday the 13th Part 3."

Missed that......thats the likeness is closest too anyway I supppse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you to ever canceled their order for the exclusive, because my waitlist just converted. That person probably doesn't even exist on this forum anyway. Lol.

Had to have the exclusive. I believe the first kill after he dons the mask is done with the harpoon gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you to ever canceled their order for the exclusive, because my waitlist just converted. That person probably doesn't even exist on this forum anyway. Lol.

Had to have the exclusive. I believe the first kill after he dons the mask is done with the harpoon gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct!

Wow, I'm surprised it sold out, last I checked it wasn't. Hopefully Freddy sells out too and that paves the way for Myers and Leatherface!

I am hoping for Michael Myers as well. The original 1978 one. I hope they get the license for the mask.

I really question if it would even be as good as some of the sculpts we have floating out there now. People like One's Customs are just killing it.

I really question if it would even be as good as some of the sculpts we have floating out there now. People like One's Customs are just killing it.

Customs are great but I prefer to buy official licensed products.
I usually get these items signed at conventions if the actors show up or are still alive in some cases.
Tony is still around so it would be great to get him to sign something official.

Back