SSC 1:6 Scale Dusty!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In keeping with my tradition of outfitting my Joes with an extra assault rifle, I've got a desert camo M4 ready for Dusty to go with his FAMAS.

Cool. Despite the fact that there is nothing wrong with the FAMAS, I prefer the M4. And maybe an M16 for longer shots in the open desert.

Yeah, the M4 was the only assault rifle I could find in desert camo.

Also, I'm sure you and the other current / former military could answer this arm chair military enthusiast's question, but would any U.S. forces use a French made weapon? That's the reason why I'd give Dusty the M4. Since he's part of a Spec Ops unit, he could have carte blanche in choosing his equipment, thus the FAMAS, but I think the M4 would go nicely with him as well.

Also, I'm sure you and the other current / former military could answer this arm chair military enthusiast's question, but would any U.S. forces use a French made weapon? That's the reason why I'd give Dusty the M4. Since he's part of a Spec Ops unit, he could have carte blanche in choosing his equipment, thus the FAMAS, but I think the M4 would go nicely with him as well.

That says everything you need to know.

The single parameter that I am aware of is that they have to fire NATO rounds. But other than that, if the Marine/Soldier/Sailor/Airman can get their hands on them, it is pretty much no holds barred.

And the whole "NATO rounds" thing is presuming that anyone is paying attention. When I went to Desert Storm, I took about 200 rounds of 9mm hydro shock ammunition with me (a gift from a buddy who had just gotten out of the Marines). But we had a shakedown en-route and I had to chuck them in the drink. Getting caught with them in my personal gear on the ship was a Court Martial offense.

Special forces have a way of...shall we say...coming in under the radar...on such matters.:)

The single parameter that I am aware of is that they have to fire NATO rounds. But other than that, if the Marine/Soldier/Sailor/Airman can get their hands on them, it is pretty much no holds barred.

And the whole "NATO rounds" thing is presuming that anyone is paying attention. When I went to Desert Storm, I took about 200 rounds of 9mm hydro shock ammunition with me (a gift from a buddy who had just gotten out of the Marines). But we had a shakedown en-route and I had to chuck them in the drink. Getting caught with them in my personal gear on the ship was a Court Martial offense.

Special forces have a way of...shall we say...coming in under the radar...on such matters.:)

Awesome. :lol so you just dumped them in the gulf?

The original figure has a FAMAS. No other weapon will do.

Awesome. :lol so you just dumped them in the gulf?

Yep. It was not likely to get caught with them because at the time I had a HMMV assigned to me and I could have stashed them there. But the penalty made taking the chance not very worthwhile. Particularly seeing as how I was a Sgt and had considerably more to lose than if I had been a lower rank, private or PFC.

The M4's just so... STANDARD, nowadays. Seriously, every American seems to have one over here (in Afghanistan right now, btw). Other than some of the USAF guys, who still seem to use the long barrel M16A2, for the most part.

The FAMAS, while standard in the French and German armies, is just so more more exotic and different looking.

The M4's just so... STANDARD, nowadays. Seriously, every American seems to have one over here (in Afghanistan right now, btw). Other than some of the USAF guys, who still seem to use the long barrel M16A2, for the most part.

The FAMAS, while standard in the French and German armies, is just so more more exotic and different looking.

But see, that's exactly the reason why I'm giving Dusty the M4. He has by the book / standard issue M4, then carries his favored FAMAS, which he only gets away with because he's a Joe member.

But see, that's exactly the reason why I'm giving Dusty the M4. He has by the book / standard issue M4, then carries his favored FAMAS, which he only gets away with because he's a Joe member.

Meh, trust me when I say, being an expert in desert terrain, the LAST THING Dusty would do would be to carry two primaries. He'd go with the most efficient to make his loadout as light as possible.

Meh, trust me when I say, being an expert in desert terrain, the LAST THING Dusty would do would be to carry two primaries. He'd go with the most efficient to make his loadout as light as possible.

Friggin' right. It's damned hot out there!!!

Friggin' right. It's damned hot out there!!!

Point taken, but thank god Dusty will be waiting to lay the smackdown on Cobra in my air-conditioned house.

Back